Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 04-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Skins_Princess

Thanks but actually I've been in college for a while, mostly at a community college working on two diferent degrees until it basically kicked me out for having too many credits to get Financial Aid and basically I had no other choice but to apply to a couple of universities that would have me.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:04 PM
iolite

What exactly do you want to be famous for? Do you want to be on stage or screen? Do you want to be a leader? Narrowing it down might help you take advantage of opportunities. Do you like performing? If so, what kinds of things do you like to do?
Old 04-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Guide

It is so easy to forget that we can do nothing of ourselves (without spirit). The body is really of no importance except to learn who we really are. It is true if you seek God within first all else will be given you. You may find that you do not really want those things after all because when you do find God within, it is all you could possibly want. The things of the world are finite and give limited pleasure, (in the words of Babaji)
Old 04-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Master
The old fame and fortune game eh!

It's like a fun park ride where the highs and lows are exaggerated and after a while you just get to riding it like it's the straight and narrow...

I've had little bit's of fame and fortune and know people who've had lots more and the more you get the more you just wanna take it easy and calm it all down... take your lessons at your own pace and stop being the focus of so many others who have lessons to learn.

I'm not saying don't go there but I am saying that if you do decide to take on that journey then leave markings to find your way home...

My favourite story 'bout stuff like this was when Peter Gabriel came to NZ. I was a little famous at the time after making stuff for a Crowded House video and so the music Industry saw me as a man with potential. I thought it might be nice to meet Mr Gabriel and so I asked for one, a meeting, and the Record Co said I should draw up something to pass along so at the last minute I sketched something fast and silly on a scrap piece of paper.

Later, after Pete had left the country, I heard this story where the NZ contingent met the Peter Gabriel contingent, these two pyramids of possibilty and hope, and the handover was my scrap of paper... I so laughed my head off at the notion of this famous person having his people come back to him and hand over this scrap of paper from NZ's brighest. It was just ridiculous!

And that's the other side of the coin that people who aim for fame and fortune find the hardest to accept... and live with. Absurdity and the ridiculous take a front row seat and it stands to reason that it should. Anything spinning out towards the extremes needs a balancing factor, a governor applied to keep the notion of gravity as a holding force for the psyche.

You think you want this... then go get it!

My advice would be to ponder why you want it and try to realise what you'd really get from it that'd work best for you... then bypass the fame and fortune and just get what you want.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Skins_Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
What exactly do you want to be famous for? Do you want to be on stage or screen? Do you want to be a leader? Narrowing it down might help you take advantage of opportunities. Do you like performing? If so, what kinds of things do you like to do?

Well I wanted to be an actress growing up but it didn't work out. But I'm still very interested and feeling very connected to them and their world.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 AM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins_Princess
Well I wanted to be an actress growing up but it didn't work out. But I'm still very interested and feeling very connected to them and their world.

Have you gone to any auditions?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Skins_Princess

Not in a long time.
Old 15-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins_Princess
Sorry it's been so long since I replied but I will be starting school at a university soon and I would be able to get a bachelors. I thought about doing Political Science for public administration but I'm not 100% sure anymore if I'm truly cut out for politics, especially in America. But I also thought about taking sociology and going into PR like for the entertainment industry.

I think starting school and pursuing a goal while visualizing yourself being famous is a great start. Follow your instincts while pursuing your education. If you see a workshop, seminar, anything that inspires you, find a way to go to it. Follow little signs you see along the way. The path will come up to meet you.
Old 18-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Kaceykat

Um ~ may I suggest you add a few adjectives like "loved" and "happy" to being rich and famous?

I am much older than you. I have worked in Hollywood. In fact, I have one of those little gold statues from the shows you see on TV. And in my experience Hollywood (as well as entertainment in NY) is filled with some of the richest, most miserable, drugged & alcohol addicted, soul-less-eyed, nobody home, cruel people you'd ever hate to meet. I walked away from it all to focus on my family. The whole "show must go on thing" in my experience means they want you to work when you are sick, are injured, have just given birth, have had deaths in the family (I know an actress whose name you know for whom walking will be painful for life because she was hurt during a stage run and yet continued to perform.) You are not a person to them. You are a service provider. And if you won't/can't perform, there are PLENTY of newbies clamoring for your spot who will.

Just my experience. I'm sure there are exceptions. And my own negative experience doesn't mean that you can't walk through unscathed. I know some people who have. I hope I did :) I didn't realize it at the time, but the money I made supported me through the last seven years of community service and good works. But the time it cost me with my oldest child esp ~ the stress it inflicted on us all ~ is only something I have recently been able to say is all washed away.

One of the biggest questions is "what will you/won't you create, with a paycheck on the line?" I drew the line at a torture-for-entertainment scene, and quit. But in the Biz, you'll be put to making moral decisions almost every day. Sex sells. Just look at what on TV. It isn't soaring Shakespeare, most of the time. It isn't even the Father Knows Best faux morality of the fifties. its' generally sex, and violence, for money. Surely there is a karmic price to pay for being part of that. I can only hope that the Public Service time I got my employers to cough up will outweigh the voyeuristic sex I did help produce.

Wow. This reads as me being really judgmental of the industry as a whole. Sorry. I'll have to meditate on that today... I think I have some more releasing and forgiving to do! My baggage. Sorry again. But 'been there, done that, burnt the tshirt.'
Old 08-03-2012, 03:13 AM
SpiritualMama

Fulfilling Life Formula is offering a free video training series right now...