Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-01-2023, 07:42 AM
Guide

Nonduality and LOA

I am wondering what is the relationship between nonduality and the law of attraction? Nonduality seems to be saying that our thoughts arise out of nowhere. That there is no thinker and no doer. LOA teaches that our thoughts create our reality and that we are responsible for our thoughts.

How are we responsible for our thoughts if they arise out of nowhere and there is no thinker?
Old 05-01-2023, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
Nonduality seems to be saying that our thoughts arise out of nowhere.
there is no thinker and no doer.
Hi.
Is that a 'given'? You did say 'seems'. Do those that are into Non-duality say there is no thinker or doer?
I'm going to google that right now? :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-01-2023, 11:06 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi.
Is that a 'given'? You did say 'seems'. Do those that are into Non-duality say there is no thinker or doer?
I'm going to google that right now? :)

Yes I said "seems" because I am not sure if all nondualists believe there is no thinker or doer. I'm not sure about anything for that matter.

If there is no thinker or doer, I think that this means there is no individual thinker or doer. It is the whole universe or God that is doing the thinking and doing.

Since the self is the universe or God, then the self is responsible, it seems to me.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:55 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure about anything for that matter.

If there is no thinker or doer, I think that this means there is no individual thinker or doer.
It is the whole universe or God that is doing the thinking and doing.
Made me laugh.
Funny, yesterday I read something Ernest Holmes said in 'The Science of Mind'...I will come back and quote it for you.
I read just this 1 paragraph waiting for someone..it was on my pile. :)
It might have been just for this thread! Ha!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-01-2023, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
I am wondering...
...no thinker?
LOA is Nondual. Nonduality itself is Law of Attraction. These are existential laws. How they are applied or not applied is optional. But they are always active. Like existence itself.

Or the absoluteness of uniqueness. Nondual.

It's like the Law that is foundation of the foundation. It always is... Like isness always is...

That is nonduality itself.

But our awareness of it and recognition of it and deliberate co-creation with it, those are optional. Intentional or non intentional.

It is like becoming aware of the awareness. The awareness is always there, wether we become aware of it or not. LoA is the same. It is nondual in essence like all things are inseperably Unique.

LoA is about the Uniqueness itself. And how things evolve in similar energies. Not because of change, but because of the absoluteness of the Uniqueness.

It is so infinite, that understanding and relating to all of it via energy/vibration/frequency makes more sense and is more natural and efficient and effective.

LoA is a consequence of the infinite eternal absolute here and now unchanging Uniqueness. That is what makes LoA, Law of Attraction.

Similar to the idea of destiny, but then with the freedom of energetic relationship to this unchanging absoluteness. And that then governs all creation/becoming or what seems to be change. But it is actually unchanging uniqueness. And when awareness of it is there, things go more smoothly and naturally, less resistance to the inevitable natural order. More in harmony and flow and allowance of the Unchanging Uniqueness which appears as ever change. Because the Unchanging Uniqueness is beyond time and space.

But Law of Attraction is an absolute eternal law. It is nondual. It is existence itself. It is God. It is the Creator. Law of Attraction does all the creating. It is an aspect of God and therefor much like God. Or nonduality. Or oneness. The commonality of all things. That is what Law of Attraction is. And when spoken about, that is what Law of Attraction is about. But everyone can ofcourse interpret the words and concepts however they wish. And Law of Attraction will proof them right atleast in some way.

Understanding Law of Attraction releases control back to its natural place, much like nonduality does. It's like understanding that the power comes from the engine, not necesserily the foot on the pedal. But that is a crude limitted analogy. LoA is always active. It simply is... Like nonduality, simply is... Even is the seeming absence of things.

I believe LoA is a consequence of The Nondual Absolute Unchanging Uniqueness. It applies on all dimensions. Because it is nondimensional. Absolute. And therefor infinite and eternal.

LoA was always the main teaching and subject of all religious prophetic teachings. And God was always like the pure Law itself. Translations of translations of translations has made it a bit less appearant, but the evidence that Great Wisdom used to be talked about, in tandem with LoA as the main subject of all stories and examples and analogies, is still there.

It would be nice to have a new universal teaching revolving around law of attraction for the whole world, one that unifies and revives all the old wisdoms aswell. Everything in the end is always about nonduality. Because everything is it. There can be nothing else. But nonduality. It is existence itself. All that becomes, becomes, because being is being. But becoming is not the opposite of being, because change does not exist. It is an appearance of The Eternal Infinite Unchanging Absolute Uniqueness and Newness of Every Here And Now, as the exact same here and now and absolute unchanging uniqueness.

Appearing as new is its quality. It cannot be anything else because it is infinitely and eternall unique. Even saying, it has always been Unique, does not cut it. Because it always IS HERE AND NOW. Already Unique. Everything always already is. Unique.

And these things, that appear individual are all energy. And energy is governed by Law of Attraction because it is an expression of LoA. It is LoA in action itself. It is nonduality appearing in motion, like Uniqueness appearing as change, even tho it is unchangingly simply being Unique. Uniqueness is its quality. One Allness. All Oneness. This is not stagnant because it can only be NEW. it cannot be anything else. That is why its all energy and relative. And therefor energy motional and emotionally governed and guided and reflected back to every point of consciousness. It applies to all as one as all. Law of Attraction.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:43 PM
Master
Nonduality is often taught as the One thing that doesn't change. That is absolute. Law of Attraction is the same. Just like the other Existential Laws. Universal.
1. Existence.
2. Here and Nowness.
3. All One One Allness.
4. Law of Attraction, energy governance of similarity.
5. All Uniquenss. (Everything changes, even change changes into the first 4 laws because it is all about 1 thing. Existence itself.)

I have great fascination with these Laws, but no one can express them perfectly, because they are infinite and eternal. Forever going deeper into it. Finding new expressions of it. That is how all things be and become here and now. Intentionally or not. But I enjoy finding alignment with it and becoming aware of it. That feels peaceful to me.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:54 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
LOA is Nondual. Nonduality itself is Law of Attraction.
Thanks very much for your detailed reply.

That's a very interesting perspective. Much food for thought.

I have read your post a few times and really enjoy reading it.
Old 05-01-2023, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
I have read your post a few times and really enjoy reading it.
Thanks. When you enjoy what you are aware of, what you are aware of becomes enjoyable. That is because All is One and One is All. It's all you.
And it snowballs from there.
Law of Attraction in action.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
LOA is Nondual. Nonduality itself is Law of Attraction.
At the risk of stating the obvious, Non-Duality pertains to One Thing (or No Thing if you prefer) whereas the Law of Attraction pertains to duality and requires three things (because duality is always a triplicity).

Which makes the above comment somewhat confusing.

Peace
Old 05-01-2023, 09:23 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Funny, yesterday I read something Ernest Holmes said in 'The Science of Mind'...I will come back and quote it for you.
Yes please do quote it.
It sounds very interesting.