Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-01-2023, 09:29 AM
Master

I died in 2001

Yesterday, during a conversation with an good friend of mine, a woman I have known for almost 30 years on a real platonic basis, we got onto the subject of life in general - something she doesn't like to talk about as it brings back memories of her son who died at 18 in a mototcycle accident. This terrible thing also led to the break up of her marriage and her resulting difficult life.
Yesterday, chatting about the vanishing friends and acquaintances we notice in our lives she asked me if I think we reincarnate. This is the sort of question she normally avoids and for one moment I was left hanging.

All I could answer was that I didn't know - I have never been able to tell her about a few personal experiences which for me tend to show a sort of evidence for such a possibility and thus set my thoughts onto an old, well-worn track.

I do in fact have more than one reason to think that reappearing in a/or this world is quite a normal process.

I have, here on SFs, already described my meeting with my father minutes after his death and also how, a few weeks after her death I saw my wife in the kitchen of my new flat.

Yesterday something else came into my mind. Just to say: I have, over the years, and I am now in my 85th year, written down in detail everyone of 16 remarkable and not rationally explainable 'paranormal or mystical' (I don't know what else to call them) experiences which have taken place at certain times and in certain places.

So here is the story -true - about that night in which I died.
We lived in a large and very modern ground floor flat. In this flat we both, my wife and I. had our favourite corners. Just to keep the description short my corner gave me a view - to the left - of the end of the bookcase, a beautiful
landscape painting and a lovely healthy chest-high plant in a large heavy pot filled with lots of earth, a plant that we had had for years. I could sit for ages just looking at this combination of objects and colours because it seemed like a work of art - the sort of thing a french expressionist would have put onto canvas 150 years ago.
One Friday evening, in early summer I was in my corner when I suddenly felt unwell. I couldn't pinpoint to anything except to say that my heart felt 'funny'.
It was however beating normally and I checked my blood pressure just for the sake of it and everything was normal. I did however appear to be losing strength. This caused me to tell my wife I was going to bed early, which I did and was quite quickly asleep.

At some time during the night I had a dream - a very realistic one where I found myself on a construction site where houses were being built. There were lots of notices around warning people to stay out and get off the site and so on, but I was there so I carried on. I entered one house still half-built but oddly enough there was a woman, a stranger, in the half-finished kitchen cooking a meal. Then I saw a lavatory without a door and also unfinished and realized I badly needed to pass water.
So that's what I did. There was a mirror on the wall and as I stood there I looked at myself in the mirror and instantly understood that I was in fact dead. This was made so clear to me that the sheer shock of realizing this woke me up. I found myself lying quite naturally in bed.

Obviously that was the end of the tale - but not quite.

When I arose in the morning to go the bathroom I saw to my utter amazement that our loved plant, this sturdy thick small tree with a trunk as thick as my arm, had died in the night. It had toppled over and now lay at right angles to the vertical, the pot being so heavy was still in place but the plant was dead.

You may see or not see a connection to my 'health' problem but it certainly makes one think. I have never had, not until this day any problems with my heart so what happened seems to me to be very symbolic.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect

High-Five Old Man (I am 80!) -

I very much enjoyed/related to everything said in your post. Haven't been around here for a long time. Here's a link to my fairly recently completed treatise,
title "What Did Jesus Really Mean?", which aims to correct/replace "be good and obey" beliefs about 'God' and 'heaven'.

My writing style ain't simple but you might grok some of it.

https://davidsundom.weebly.com/uploa...meant_2022.pdf
Old 02-01-2023, 08:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
High-Five Old Man (I am 80!) -
title "What Did Jesus Really Mean?", which aims to correct/replace "be good and obey" beliefs about 'God' and 'heaven'.
My writing style ain't simple but you might grok some of it.
davidsun hello again, it had recently crossed my mind that you haven't appeared here for a long time. As many other one-time thought-challenging participants by the way.

Do you also have the self-assurance that getting old is a blessing in disguise? I don't think I have ever been so constantly at home with myself as I am now.

I could, yesterday, get your link and took a quick glance through, promising myself to get a really good look today - but lo and behold the link no longer works.
I wonder why - although I don't actually, but that's another story.

I'm in a care home these days, well looked after and yet still have my freedom, a situation which allows me a lot of time to ponder, contemplate and investigate. Life I find to be an absolutely fascinating experience and the thrill of it has never left me. I have no doubt that for you it's much the same we have never allowed the sheer weirdness of life to get out of our grasp.

Off to new pastures - as every day.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

- Mark Twain.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:28 AM
Master

I'm a bit surprised to hear you talking like this Busby .... Is this the "new you "??? LOL...
Old 02-01-2023, 10:46 AM
Master

HeyBusby that was a really interesting post! Thanks for that.

Regarding your friend who asked you about reincarnation. Perhaps you could take a risk and tell her about ONE of your experiences and see what the response is like.

I mean she could be sitting there with lots of experiences under her belt and just wishing she had someone to talk to about it but is holding back (just like you are doing) in case it doesn’t go down well and with the risk of embarrassment.

Why not take a chance and see what happens. Just a thought!
Old 02-01-2023, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I'm a bit surprised to hear you talking like this Busby .... Is this the "new you "??? LOL...
Lol, I had to do a double take myself!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-01-2023, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I don't think I have ever been so constantly at home with myself as I am now.
Yes - the 'blessing' of lower energy resulting in one's accepting 'limitation' and embracing the preciousness of Life maybe. Am therefore more 'at home' in the Universe as well! 💗

Awareness of Life being 'Eternally Ongoing', as you speak of in your post, helps too.

I tried the link and it worked for me. Its a pdf that downloads to your PC and so so may already be in its download folder.

If not it can be downloaded from the 'Books' page of my website:

https://davidsundom.weebly.com

High-Five, Brother!
Old 03-01-2023, 04:21 AM
Master
Busby: I have been finding life challenging but at the same time, I have been opening more doors to go thru to explore. Life can be so interesting.

One of my doctors recently told me to be careful about one doorway I have entered and been exploring. Being concerned about my health, I began monitoring my sugar levels. Then I found out if I got my sugar levels down to a certain level, I would go into a fantastic dream state. I brought this up to my doctor because I wanted to know how do I get out of the dream state if I get too far in to it.

He told me that virtually everybody has bad reactions in that state but some how I got around that. I try to stay out of that state but my curiosity still has me going there every once in a while.

Now that I have rattled around for a bit, glad to see you are still on this plane.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 03-01-2023, 08:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue

No, AngelBlue, there is no 'new me'. Maybe you would be good enough to enlarge the picture a bit and explain why you are surprised.
Obviously you have been sufficiently observant to have noticed a subtle diversion of intention - but as you have not experienced the 'behind the scenes' motions your boat will be stuck on the sandbank.

- Mark Twain.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:44 AM
Master

Hi Busby.... I thought you were always a no- nonsense type of guy and over time I was of the opinion that you had not too many beliefs of what "was" .
My comments go on what I have seen you respond to other people about , so therefore I found it very comforting and moving to read your initial post on this thread .
It was in no way being critical.