Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 21-12-2022, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I must get rid of myself, where the hell did that instruction ever come from ?
How can you get rid of what you do not have?
Are you implying you have found real consistent identity/self?
Old 21-12-2022, 06:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
How can you get rid of what you do not have?
Are you implying you have found real consistent identity/self?

There is something there, something you have been calling the self ? But did you get
rid of your bicycle that is the question ? lol And what is this that prefers bicycles to football
is that the self ?

__________________________________________________ _________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 21-12-2022, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
There is something there, something you have been calling the self ?
Yeah obviously, or else I woulden't feel pain. But I cannot really find myself. Strange. Sux. Pain comes and goes and comes. Can't do much about it.

Quote:
But did you get
rid of your bicycle that is the question ? lol
Funny, bicycle reminds me of duality aswell. It's cyclical and it's dual.
If I could get rid of it, I would've done so a long time ago.

Quote:
And what is this that prefers bicycles to football
is that the self ?
I don't know anyone who prefers duality over duality when they are both the same thing.
Makes no sense.
I would say it is part of the illusionary self, that is stuck in duality and cycles of suffering, and temporary false believe of being free from it, which is called happiness or joy, which is just sadness temporarily experienced in polarity. Things like that.
You go from this to that thinking it is better, when it is also a duality/relativity. OR you may call it music. Music is duality
The string goes up and down. In infinite different variations. Forever.

Unless we find something that is non-dual. But that is impossible ofcourse.
Old 21-12-2022, 07:22 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I somehow think this analogy gives me an insight into how myself and others have often tried to peek behind the Screen in our search for answers.
And there is nobody there, you are left with just an activity, with life itself.
Nice analogy. When you search, you should search everywhere. Yeah, there are no people behind the screen, but something is there, not just behind the screen but everywhere. Things are but our perception of 'what is there'. Even when you find what it is, there is a life to be lived.
Old 21-12-2022, 08:26 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
If I could get rid of it, I would've done so a long time ago.
I don't know anyone who prefers duality over duality when they are both the same thing. Makes no sense.
.. which is called happiness or joy, ..
Music is duality
Unless we find something that is non-dual. But that is impossible of course.
Monocycle perhaps. Takes a bit of practice.
Both are same: There is non-duality and then there is this habit of seeing non-duality as duality or multiplicity. This habit is to be abandoned.
There is neither happiness nor sorrow in non-duality. Non-duality has its own music.
Find! impossile! It is all around. We refuse to see it. That is the problem.

Last edited by Aupmanyav : 21-12-2022 at 05:04 PM.
Old 21-12-2022, 08:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aupmanyav
Nice analogy. Yeah, there are no people behind the screen, but something is there, not just behind the screen but everywhere. Things are but our perception of 'what is there'.

Thanks. Definitely something there, and a life to be lived for sure.

__________________________________________________ _____________

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 21-12-2022, 09:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Music is duality
The string goes up and down. In infinite different variations. Forever.

Very good ! Sorry to hear about your suffering hope it eases back soon etc. Merry Christmas. I know you didn't have the time or energy
to get along with Yeat's verse,

O chestnut tree, great rooted blossomer,
Are you the leaf, the blossom or the bole?
O body swayed to music, O brightening glance,
How can we know the dancer from the dance?

This verse seems to align with the Wave and the Ocean analogy. Although the wave is part of the Ocean, it also has it's own individual form but you couldn't say
it's not part of the Ocean.

__________________________________________________ ______

Old 21-12-2022, 06:33 PM
Master

Behind TV set

Quote:
I thought of how when we were toddlers and small children we tried to find the people on the TV Screen by looking behind the TV set.

Yes as toddlers n child we may have done such things. When we grow up we tend to look for more things like drama inspirations,locations,adventure,beauty n many more things when we watch movie,series or drama. Different age instil different interests.
Old 21-12-2022, 08:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Yes as toddlers n child we may have done such things. When we grow up we tend to look for more things like drama inspirations,locations,adventure,beauty n many more things when we watch movie,series or drama. Different age instil different interests.

Yeah for sure, perhaps as Children we had alot more of those AHA moments as
Adults we can have those moments alright but not as easily as we seem to have alot of attachment and stuff like that, we believe we are in charge

__________________________________________________ ___________

Old 21-12-2022, 10:46 PM
Master
[quote=Joe Mc]I was thinking about Non Duality this morning That in itself might be a bit of a joke, or trying to think about it and what it is seekers are trying to discover
and how they are trying to discover that.

[quote]

When the mind seeks through its dual nature it’s always trying to get to the source of something, satisfy itself that whatever within itself is seeking, whether that’s to satisfy its own reasoning, emotional reaction or even curiosity to know and see more. Our dual nature gets satisfied by the illusion but then our non dual nature doesn’t, so it too seeks more to satisfy itself in some form of its own discovery.

Both natures believe there is more. One unearthing what’s real and the other satisfying itself with what isn’t real. What lays within the balance is the awareness of one’s true nature and that awareness understands how reality within itself and outside itself is and can be.

It’s still all real as life is, but for you it’s no longer real in the sense that your striving or seeking for more of you.

The tv is a great analogy for a child who is naturally curious about what is really there. How things work, why and where and when.. they show signs of self/life discovery most naturally, especially when they are more open before reasoning and conditioning kicks in.

Living in a balanced state of awareness means your experience no longer seeks itself, but rather lives aware and understands what is more directly.

What is revealed and brought to the light of awareness no longer seeks but rather is satisfied and content in what is.

If you take out ‘ideas’ about what we as humans are doing and being, labelling and aligning too, in the end we are all chasing our own tail. Trying to meet ourselves in the awareness that everything is interconnected and consistently revealing life as life is in us.

When you understand and have met yourself in all ways your own personal experience in you can be, you naturally move through life meeting life as you are aware and open to do so.

‘Clarity’ of those things allows for a more direct experience, a more complete state of being. It’s not about just one thing or nothing (both are a stream of process) it’s about everything. Everything you are within and without as one source. The universe in you..

The mind will never be able to comprehend everything but the being open and clear can, especially if you understand what is out there is simply showing you something that is a part of you. If you don’t know that part, haven’t met that part, life often reveals it to you.

Your nothing and everything..

...it pays to get more curious like your inner child and show an openness to see yourself in all ways life reveals you to you. You towards others and life itself.