Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-12-2022, 11:43 AM
Seeker

A God Fearing Man?

Those 4 words were thought up by a sick mind. God doesn't want to be feared. Loved yes.

It's suppose to be easy. When you have a kid you are supposed to love them more than yourself. Unfortunately a lot of people don't. If you can't show love forget about having a kid. When a kid grows up in a loveless world, watch out. One day, on a city bus, I take a seat mid way. A grandmother and a 7 yr old board the bus sitting close to the front. The boy is fidgety and fussing. The grandmother is trying to control him. And not in a good way. No kindness there. I move from my seat and sit right behind them on a crowded bus. I say 3 words that everyone on bus can here. God is Love. I say it once. The grandmother changes track and says I love you to her grandson and tries to kiss him. The kid pulls away and screams even louder than before. Why? Because the kid Knows that the grandmother is **. You can't fool a kid when it comes to real matters. They know where you stand. Kids line up what you say against your actions to find the truth. Love is pure and simple. Love yourself first on a daily basis, then you will be able to love others. This will make your world a better place to live in.
Old 14-12-2022, 11:15 PM
Pathfinder
It's not easy to love unconditionally

It takes effort. Especially if you grew up without love.

This is why people find it so hard to love. Love is work, you have to work at it, even with yourself.

It begins with empathy for yourself so that you can forgive yourself for not being perfect.

When you do this you are freeing yourself to be able to show love to others.
Old 15-12-2022, 06:37 AM
Master
Without recognition of oneness, perhaps love is a pretended emotion, seeking reciprocation or at least recognition?
Old 15-12-2022, 10:19 AM
Pathfinder
Yes. If you pretend to love that can bring belief that you are loving and so you become loving. When we go within and love, God reciprocates but most people aren't aware of this.
Old 15-12-2022, 12:16 PM
Master

Couldn't agree more with original post.
Kids KNOW !!!
I grew up not feeling loved whilst having to witness siblings being treated differently. If it was just me I might have thought I was paranoid, but my brother who stands no "nonsense" and is not an emotional person felt exactly the same.

I think the message on the bus behind the grandma "God is Love " jolted a nerve in her consciousness. Not because she loved God , but because she didn't love or show respect to her grandchild .
At that moment she had the Grace to show some "pretend" remorse knowing full well she was in the wrong. That in itself was a slight refreshing change of the usual barrage of vulgar swear words of the adult telling you where to go in such situations .

My children and grandchildren KNOW they are loved . Not one day goes by without them knowing that and as a result we are all very close .
I would never ever want a child to feel how I did growing up.
Old 15-12-2022, 12:17 PM
Master

P.s and yes...... No such thing as "the fear of God" .
He does indeed love everyone.
Old 15-12-2022, 03:07 PM
Master
I've been saying and posting the same thing for years on end.
Recently I looked up what is meant with this "fear of god". That makes it more understandable, but it's still not something that gels with me.
In essence it's meant to say you live in awe and reverence of the almighty god, which also doesn't sit well with me as it means you put all your power outside of yourself. This goes against the teachings I follow of oneness, being a child of god, part of the Divine/Source. This teaching is about knowing YOU have power and control.

And the explanation also speaks of "god hates arrogance etc. etc." God does NOT hate. The Divine/Source knows arrogance, unpleasant behaviour and so on are part of the journey of life on Earth, the whole reason we incarnate on Earth.
The goal is that we experience all these things, good and bad -incl. really bad- and from this we grow & evolve, and as we do all Lightbeings and Source expands & grows too.
So in that sense god doesn't hate that behaviour at all.
God is love and understanding, knowing, etc. etc.

So even though the explanation is a bit more palatable it still doesn't resonate with me.
Old 29-12-2022, 03:49 AM
Master

psalm 25:14

The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm

psalm 111:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.
Old 29-12-2022, 05:19 AM
Master
You can’t fake true presence.

Presence without hidden agendas/ hidden pain, fear or any of the multitude humans get entangled in, is often a part of parenting and grand parenting until people recognise themselves and behaviours.

They are felt and not just by children. When your more aware and open it is felt by anyone.

How you feel about it all simply moves you deeper into your own inner child’s relationship towards yourself and others. That’s why it often affects you, your inner child recognised this pain and truth.
Old 29-12-2022, 05:42 PM
Pathfinder
I don't fear God.

The God I know and understand is a God who is loving and kind.