Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 12-12-2022, 03:28 PM
Quote:
It's much better to speak from one's experience.
When I was 8 yrs old - I didn't know anything about Eastern scriptures telling about this place being Brahma's Dream or some Great Illusion.
Yet, I was shown that it was, and wow, what an experience THAT was!

Later around 19 or 20yrs old - my mouth dropped when I read this after bringing home a stack of Eastern books from the Key West Library. :)
I didn't know anyone else thought this, knew this, spoke about this!
NO one in my vicinity and not on TV either;
Not Jung, not Russell, not Einstein, just these Eastern books!

Now, quantum physics has caught up to speed - and the electron magnetic microscope helped wildly!
(Did you know a reg microscope can magnify 2000xs, while the electron microscope magnifies 10 million xs?) :)

Anyway, not one thing we see with our eyes open is what it appears to be.
Like the movie MIB, at the end, the camera pans out, out,
out until the earth is a speck and not even seen!
When you focus in, in, in, you get to the near essence of, say, what a piece of wood is or a piece of solid metal.

Then you see - nothing is what it seems.

Can you say it is 'not real'? Well, it sure isn't what it appears to be.
If you think a chair is just a chair - then you haven't looked far enough, deep enough.
I can't convince anyone to look deeper or read some discoveries in quantum physics...but I can say, before saying something definitive...
better to search around more.

It is mind blowing what you find out...short of having direct experiences yourself of what this place really is.
I can't expect anyone to just get that this place is an Illusion.
But, I could ask for them to research more and keep the wonderment alive...
wonder why do others say that it is? :)

And, like charly - great thread bringing this up!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-12-2022, 03:41 PM
Guide

Its a case of vibration's Miss H. everything is real in the vibration that you are on.
Old 12-12-2022, 03:51 PM
Master

Re Miss H

Yes I’m on the same page as you. I looked into all this illusion stuff and quantum physics for years and found it so interesting. Still do.

I get where your coming from with your story of the chair and totally agree with you but as for pain, well I just can’t see that as an illusion.

Anyone care to elaborate SIMPLY!!!
Old 12-12-2022, 04:02 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Huh? Can you explain this better.
What touched what then to break the skin and capillary.
That went right over my head!
This article will explain it better:

Oh, I am not yet allowed to post links, so here is a copy/paste.

Thus, the question - a scientific, not a mumbo-jumbo mystical, one - do we really touch?
Electrons that exist in every atom of our bodies push other electrons in every atom of other bodies or things.
This electron repulsion ensures that we never touch anything, unless it punctures our body.

I think the article is wrong here. Even if there is a puncture, the electrons will still keep atoms apart.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 12-12-2022 at 04:22 PM. Reason: 3 sentences tops when quoting, in the Rules under FAQ
Old 12-12-2022, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Yes I’m on the same page as you. I looked into all this illusion stuff and quantum physics for years and found it so interesting. ...
Didn't know who you were speaking to until you mentioned 'chair'.

Regarding pain seeming pretty darn real...I just had a dream last night and woke up feeling ALL the drama
and emotion from it....sure seemed REAL to me!!
But, it wasn't.

But, only when I woke up I realized it wasn't.
I deleted sentences wanting to keep it simple...which is a good request! :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-12-2022, 04:18 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
.. but as for pain, well I just can’t see that as an illusion.
Trigeminal Neuralgia: Trigeminal neuralgia (TN or TGN), also called Fothergill disease, tic douloureux, or trifacial neuralgia is a long-term (severe) pain disorder that affects the trigeminal nerve, the nerve responsible for sensation in the face and motor functions such as biting and chewing.

The treatment is simple. Dentists inject Alcohol in the nerve and kill it. Pain disappears immediately.

Unless the sensation of pain is transferred to brain, you would not feel pain. At the time nearest to death, when the heart stops. The brain does not get oxygen, it cuts down its functions. And one of the the first function to close down in the pain center. That is why NDEs do not feel pain. Memory functions are last to be closed down. Hearing, touch is still working. One understands what the doctors or relatives are talking about. Then memory creates fictions.
Old 12-12-2022, 04:26 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aupmanyav
...Thus, the question - a scientific, not a mumbo-jumbo mystical, one - do we really touch?
Electrons that exist in every atom of our bodies push other electrons in every atom of other bodies or things.
This electron repulsion ensures that we never touch anything, unless it punctures our body.
Had to reduce your paste to 3 sentences...the rest was interesting:
So, what is non-pricking tactile responses? The sense of touch that our brains register is actually electron repulsion and
the electromagnetic field that permeates everything and everyone.
So, don't worry about getting too close to someone or something; in the truest sense, it's nothing but an illusion...

HA! Thanks :)

Old 12-12-2022, 04:36 PM
Master

So why use alcohol to kill the pain, when it was just a illusion in the first place. That doesn’t make sense.
Old 12-12-2022, 04:41 PM
Quote:
So why use alcohol to kill the pain, when it was just an illusion in the first place. That doesn’t make sense.
Cuz the person hasn't yet figured out how to transform or go beyond the pain.
Some yogis have - just to prove human potential.
Doesn't make sense to the mind's way of thinking logically, right.

The answer to that? Stop thinking logically...that's the purpose of Zen Koan's.

Old 12-12-2022, 04:50 PM
Knower
In my EXperiences, there are many perspectives in Life that are illusory,
once you go beyond that present perspective and gain hopefully a Higher
perspective more inclusive to the Whole of the Eternal Divine Oneness of Life and LOVE
that's Ever changing.
/
There is a Great Mystery at work in Life and Beyond and that is Real.
/
I understand though, that to just cut Life up into a label with the
word illusion can seem to cheapen Life and it's Purpose and Experiences.