Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 15-12-2022, 06:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I have so many aspects in my chart that indicate that I am sensitive, spiritual, intuitive and whatnot and I am that way indeed. I have been living that, and always/still learning and evolving.
Indeed. It sounds like you are already expressing the higher aspects of your Taurus Sun. In esoteric astrology the highest quality of Taurus is illumination.

In Taurus, desire is transmuted into aspiration, and darkness gives place to light and illumination. In Taurus, we find the most materialistic impulses and desires ultimately transcend into the light of illumination and revelation.

Peace
Old 15-12-2022, 07:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Indeed. It sounds like you are already expressing the higher aspects of your Taurus Sun. In esoteric astrology the highest quality of Taurus is illumination.

In Taurus, desire is transmuted into aspiration, and darkness gives place to light and illumination. In Taurus, we find the most materialistic impulses and desires ultimately transcend into the light of illumination and revelation.

Peace
The funny thing with material things, so not impulses & desires per say but tangible things, doesn't mean so much to me in a way. Yet, I do have a lot of things and I love them all! I would have great difficulty parting with them, even had that as a young child.
Then the other day I found this on a site, which does resonate 1000% :
Taurus is not, however, a materialistic sign. On the contrary, a more correct understanding would be that there is a profound emotional connection between physical objects and a strong sense of self-worth.

That last part I didn't 'bold' as that doesn't really resonate, but the rest does.
I can hold on to things that I personally don't even really like, but I'm attached to them because of memories to someone or because they belonged to someone I love.
I used to have a dressing gown as a kid that at some point was so worn and threadbare that it got a huge hole at the elbow. My mum told me to throw it away, but I couldn't!
It was like letting go of part of me. Then my mum tossed it in the shed with the old rags. In the evening I noticed my dressing gown gone, went into the shed and took it from the pile of rags.
I could cry over such things, and even if I'd gotten another one it wouldn't have mattered.
I still got my teddybear that I got when I was 4, a doll that I got when I was 6 and in love with a boy, hihi. There's no way I could part with them!
A guitar that I cannot play anymore due to neck issues. But danged if I will sell it or whatever.
All these things eat up space in my home, lol. But it's all emotional connections & attachments, not materialism. It's not about having things, owning stuff, but feelings & emotions.

Letting go...
Then it also says this: Learn by Letting Go
For others with Sun in Taurus, life is a mystery to be explored. These Taureans appear to avoid the material, in favour of more “refined” or spiritually motivated pursuits. This is most common when Scorpio or other transformational influences are also strong in the birth chart.

Might need some exploring still...
Old 16-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Is there a purpose to the polar sun sign in astrology and if so, how may I understand with more clarity?
Thanks a bunch

One way I understand polarity and opposition is through the nodes, because the nodes are always the opposite

For instance, if you have North Node in Pisces, South Node in Virgo - you might have to let go of being too service oriented at the expense of the self or at the expense of keeping in touch with the mystical side of things (the inner creativity, trusting in the flow and all that jazz)

However, the house that the node sits in also has to be taken into account - so there's layers and layers of it

Another way is through certain axis - for instance, when you have Leo 10th house, Aquarius 4th house axis - this could mean the necessity to be rebellious or non-conforming when it comes to aspects of the home or home of origin, coincide with the person having a natural shine or spotlight when it comes to either public life or professional aspirations. Again, this depends on the whole chart

From analyzing more holistically, as ironic as it sounds, the polarity of sun signs itself in astrology can be more easily translatable
Old 18-12-2022, 01:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Technology??
The way I see it is the Age of Aquarius is mostly about the upside of that sign: free-spirited, open-minded, creative, innovative, rebellious, not possible to really get a hold on them as they are too free-minded for that.
All qualities that we need in the Age of Aquarius which is about abandoning the fixed & limiting rules and regulations, the "how things should be (done)" and with that creating space for the individual to 'be'.
Through that love, compassion, one-ness and togetherness can rise. The sense of Sisterhood & Brotherhood where people support each other and not judge.
There is a shadow side to everything, including the ages we transit through as a collective. I feel it is wise for humanity to question their own relationships with technology as technology is like any other human creation, it reflects both light and shadow aspects.

Technology can be used in a way which is more symbiotic with our humanity and also in a way which can be destructive (synthetic vs symbiotic) to our humanity.

I love Aquarian energy, I have many Aquarian placements and many people in my life who are Solar Aquarians. I actually really enjoy the humour and concern for those greater social challenges Aquarian energy brings to my chart, not to mention the detachment which allows me freedom to explore the mental plane.
However I have also noted that there is a shadow side of Aquarius which can put the needs of the individual below the more detached view regarding the need of the collective so in some cases, individuals can pay the price, in extreme cases, it can even demolish large potential of individualism in the pursuit of collective outcomes, which ironically, can be extremely detrimental to collective wellbeing overall.

The detachment can also manifest as a lack of empathy and care for the emotional needs of others and that curiosity can take on a life of its own where the needs of both the individual and collective are downplayed against the drive to be different and experimental. The shadow side of Aquarius can actually manifest as a lack of empathy in these experimental pursuits.
When in overdrive, the detached nature of Aquarius can be a very selfish "my agenda at all costs"... not being able to see the individual trees of the forest.

I note this in myself with my own Aquarian energy as well as the energy of Aquarius I feel and sense in general.
Old 18-12-2022, 02:15 AM
Master

Victimhood (from Pisces) and the need to gain order (virgo) seem to be the themes I am framing here...

The go - with - the - flow Pisces way is not ideal for me as a solar virgo - mainly because Virgo is showing me how to provide order and gain a sense of empowerment, Pisces assists me to TRUST the flow but not become victim to it.

I am often amazed by this polarity of Virgo and Pisces and the tug of war - desire to "create order out of chaos".

What is fated vs what is self determined.

Water carves earth, humans also redirect water but we can only do so by accepting the natural state and flow of water.

Perhaps for Virgo, there is an element of needing to master the art of redirecting water.

I often wonder about the divine purpose of Virgo needing to create order and how does this need fit into "divine order".
Virgo is a very human element of divinity - perhaps even more deeply for me, I am having some trouble integrating my own humanity into this picture.
There is a dynamic to virgo, an inner stress which does not want to be overly intrusive to its environment and yet, still desires order.

I struggle with this quite a bit.

I used to love excavating and rediverting water when I was a kid haha
Old 18-12-2022, 02:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz
One way I understand polarity and opposition is through the nodes, because the nodes are always the opposite
From analyzing more holistically, as ironic as it sounds, the polarity of sun signs itself in astrology can be more easily translatable
Interesting note in the first paragraph, Izz.

I was thinking that I should take a look at North Node in Virgo and its South node in Pisces for a deeper understanding of my Solar sign question.

In regards to observing the rest of the chart to develop a bigger picture, this is true. How Virgo of me to fixate on one aspect of the chart haha

When I feel into and gain a sense of what you wrote in your reply, there seems to be some kind of minor internal war going on with me where my Virgo Sun has some trouble knowing where it fits.

Especially when I consider those placements of mine in FIRE signs!

I think about wildfires which scorch the earth and then afterwards the earth simply picks itself up and grows the ecosystem again from the ground up.

Virgo is a sign of service and it does make me wonder if my Virgo Sun does need to work in the background, picking up and organising the pieces.

Virgo is a mutable sign as well, perhaps there is a key for me in embracing the flexibility of Virgo.

As I write, I start to feel that Virgo seems like a bit of a challenging sign to have as a Sun placement, given its preference to be in the background.
Old 18-12-2022, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
As I write, I start to feel that Virgo seems like a bit of a challenging sign to have as a Sun placement, given its preference to be in the background.

This is understandable, and it could appear conflicting especially that you have both Leo Midheaven and Lilith in Fire element

Virgo is about being "to be of service", as you said, so one way to reconcile with the paradox you currently have could be that you accept you need to be of service and with certain detail oriented work behind the scenes - but you let yourself be seen in other ways

That Leo Midheaven is meant to shine, one way or another, it's just that there tends to be some past resilience attached to it. Leo 10th house shines through ambition and organizational skills

Side note: Studying Leo and the houses can identify how one can shine through with admiration. For instance, Leo in the 5th house, one can shine through their personal hobbies and how much they passionately invest in their hobbies. Leo in 11th house, one gets admiration for outshining with networking skills or just their ability to make friends

I understand - I'm learning more about Virgo too, since I'm at the moment in my Virgo ruled profection year
Old 18-12-2022, 10:46 AM
Master
What I've noticed a lot with Virgos I know/have known is that they can truly sabotage themselves. They all seem to suffer from intense low self-esteem and I have not seen one overcome that. That in itself is strange as many people have low self-esteem and do overcome it. It's not a status quo. Yet Virgos seem to remain stuck in it.
Not a very flexible sign, but quite rigid, stuck in its ways (out of fear), judgemental is another thing that can come up which is a projection of low self-love. Oh, victimhood is another thing I've seen a lot in Virgos.
And an odd thing... when together with someone still having an eye out on the environment and projecting a very nice, cordial persona, even when doing this is totally out of place and at the expense of the vibe they had with the person(s) they're with. Like being out for a coffee with someone, and instead of focusing on the intimacy of that moment together being more focused on every Tom **** & Harry that walks by so they can greet them/get their attention. Total strangers.

These are of course all negative traits, the unempowered Virgo. I've also known a number that were addiction prone, mostly alcohol. That's a downside of Pisces (addictions). And wallowing and latching onto what happened in the past can also be seen as an addiction. They can go so far with that, making them (seriously) depressed.

I'd say that overcoming their low self-esteem and tendency to take everything personal (feeling responsible for things going wrong, blaming themselves) etc. etc. is crucial for most Virgos.
Without that solid foundation of fully accepting Self, healthy self-worth etc. they'd be less reactive, no victim mentality and so on, and they'd be strong solid people. Rock solid even! A rock for themselves and others, no longer prone to their innate insecurities -or able to handle them and put them into perspective- and no longer prone to substance abuse (negative Pisces). Then they'd be able to offer so much to the world!
Also would help them to show their feelings & emotions, even if they'd share them with only one person. Usually they come across as okay, but at the same time form an impenetrable facade and can even be callous. I think maybe because they expect perfection from themselves and an insecure inner world is not 'perfection'?

And if you got something worthwhile, don't throw the child away with the bathwater. That can go for relationships but also work/hobby related things that bring true fulfilment but that the Virgo then lets slip through their fingers (not sure why but somehow not recognising their own potential when they hold it n their hands).
This -I think- is where there 'serving' lies. I've known a few that had vast knowledge & wisdom that, had they shared that and made a career out of that, would've fulfilled them completely and would make them very happy people, no longer prone to the downside of Virgo & Pisces.
But for some odd reason they don't seem to see they have gold in their hands? Maybe again because of their low self-esteem/insecurities? Thinking it's nothing special. Or... it being so normal for them to have that knowledge/wisdom that they don't see it isn't normal but very special, something unique that few others have to offer.
Old 18-12-2022, 12:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Technology can be used in a way which is more symbiotic with our humanity and also in a way which can be destructive (synthetic vs symbiotic) to our humanity.

I love Aquarian energy, I have many Aquarian placements and many people in my life who are Solar Aquarians

Aquarius rules the 11th house in astrology which is the house of networking. That house also covers social groups, friendships and the collective

In modern astrology, Uranus is considered the ruler for Aquarius. Uranus rules new technology. In essence, Aquarius too rules over technology including social media

When Pluto enters Aquarius next year, we can expect to see further revolutionized changes in the field of technology which would be very interesting - considering Pluto is the planet of rebirth, regeneration, loss and transformation
Old 20-12-2022, 12:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz
Side note: Studying Leo and the houses can identify how one can shine through with admiration. For instance, Leo in the 5th house, one can shine through their personal hobbies and how much they passionately invest in their hobbies. Leo in 11th house, one gets admiration for outshining with networking skills or just their ability to make friends
I understand - I'm learning more about Virgo too, since I'm at the moment in my Virgo ruled profection year
Interesting insights.

What are your thoughts on more Feminine signs when they are placed in the Sun position? It feels like there is conflict even at this most basic level.

I have made some reflections in my personal journal about your observations.

Virgo may well be one of the more misunderstood signs in the Zodiac (possibly along with Scorpio, Gemini)