Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-09-2022, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
Multiplicity is a good start!
That is a very good start. Could you elaborate more on that point.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 24-09-2022 at 12:51 PM.
Old 23-09-2022, 06:14 PM
Master

duality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeta
Or shall we say that Moksha is more like elimination of all duality?
Practically till life is there and we breathe air, duality is going to remain there and that too for a good reason. Duality is not that bad. Duality lets you enjoy the great beautiful things in life in different perspective. Duality that clouds our decision making with total narrow selfish material goals, which separates us from others in higher/lower/superior/inferior, which makes faulty / unjust/unfair /biased decisions and judgements - is not good. And person with a good non-duality orientation, objective mindset and equanimity can rise above such harmful duality. So in reality non-dual people do know/understand /appreciate/duality but have very high orientation towards non-duality.

Like when we click a single command in a computer program, we users feel we are doing just one thing (which is right at our level) but behind the scenes computer programs execute 1000s of instructions for such a click, real non-dual people's non-duality orientation is so fast, Realtime, intense, granular, uninterrupted etc- it gives us a feeling they never experience duality. But that may not be the case really.

So duality in life never ends. Just that you try to learn to rise above to the best of your capabilities and make the experience blissful for all including us .
Old 25-09-2022, 07:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello dear forum fellows,
What is your perception of the term Moksha / liberation?
My perception of Moksha till now is - when one realizes one's true nature i.e. when one awakens to advaita (non duality) then one attains moksha.
Moksha/moksa is when one realizes/knows that one can not be one's unlimited, complete, whole ect self through any amount of dharma, artha, kama, ethics, security and pleasure. This is because one's self is already unlimited, complete, whole ect. The seeking of something, separates what is sought from the seeker.
Old 25-09-2022, 03:08 PM
Knower

Quote:
Hello dear forum fellows,
What is your perception of the term Moksha / liberation?
My perception of Moksha till now is - when one realizes one's true nature i.e. when one awakens to advaita (non duality) then one attains moksha.
Hello Geeta

In my opinion, rather than trying to define or to find out what Moksha / Self realisation is - Because on this forum you will get many many definitions , versions, understanding about the supposed state of liberation.
I am not sure if any of the people describing the state here have truly experienced it or are moored in it. - I may be wrong - But I have hardly come across anyone describing the state as to what happens to a Mind Body Organism once it is in that state - What and how it changes life / living of that MBO. How it is different???
I am sure you will learn a lot of meaningless jargon describing what and How of it - Yet no one would be able tell you what you will get out of it
The important issue here for a seeker is - Is it worth attaining MOKSHA / SELF REALISATION or LIBERATION and still go on living in this wicked world???

The best course of action is to meet and understand it from a living sage.
As I usually say - Easier said than done!!!
Namaskar
Old 25-09-2022, 06:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
But I have hardly come across anyone describing the state as to what happens to a Mind Body Organism once it is in that state - What and how it changes life / living of that MBO. How it is different??? ... The important issue here for a seeker is - Is it worth attaining MOKSHA / SELF REALISATION or LIBERATION and still go on living in this wicked world???
The mind, the emotions and the dense physical body are unchanged by the realisation of the Self. Why would they be any different?

But knowing the Self as limitless unchanging Being is priceless.

And the world is not wicked - it is simply our field of experience.

Peace
Old 26-09-2022, 09:39 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
That is a very good start. Could you elaborate more on that point.
Is that a question? Anyways, sure. It was friendly sarcasm towards a fellow writer of poetry.
Old 27-09-2022, 07:41 PM
Master
QUOTE 24 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
Hello Geeta
I have hardly come across anyone describing the state as to what happens to a Mind Body Organism once it is in that state
The best course of action is to meet and understand it from a living sage.
As I usually say - Easier said than done!!!
Your insightful post seems to be right on target (IMHO) and I agree that "The best course of action is to meet and understand it from a living sage". That is precisely why my focus in life guided me to encounters with extraordinary beings, as I've mentioned in other posts.

As you added in your post, "easier said than done".
Old 27-09-2022, 07:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Is that a question? Anyways, sure. It was friendly sarcasm towards a fellow writer of poetry.

Yes. That was a question. That one word, "multiplicity", was a key trigger in my own meditations (how the one becomes many) and I'm curious to hear how you consider "multiplicity" to be a good start in understanding moksha and the Reality.

I agree that "multiplicity" is indeed a good start for some, like me.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Yes. That was a question.
Indeed.

Quote:
That one word, "multiplicity", was a key trigger in my own meditations (how the one becomes many) and I'm curious to hear how you consider "multiplicity" to be a good start in understanding moksha and the Reality.
Quite simply, it isn't. I literally told you that I was being "sarcastic." I.e. just joking around!

Quote:
I agree that "multiplicity" is indeed a good start for some, like me.
https://googlethatforyou.com?q=sarcasm%20definition

But, perhaps, you'd like to explain with me your growth from the perspective of one of your "starting points?"

Last edited by Wagner : 02-10-2022 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:08 PM
Master
QUOTE 29 EXCERPT:
Quote:
But, perhaps, you'd like to explain with me your growth from the perspective of one of your "starting points?"

I literally stumbled into one of my most significant "starting points" many many years ago when I emerged completely symptom free from a 3-day "irreversible coma" when doctors had said that, in the unlikely event of survival, there would be significant brain/organ damage. The doctors were shocked that I was completely alert/healthy and had a vivid recollection of all that had transpired during that mind-boggling, life-transforming near death experience (NDE). During that NDE, I had my first out-of-body experience (OBE), VERIFIABLE remote viewing, a miraculous healing that the doctors could not explain, and a visionary experience that turned me eastward .... completely alien to my Roman Catholic upbringing. I had an eerie insight into the "multiplicity" being interconnected in a strange and mysterious way that i could not understand at that time. That led to intense investigations of the nature of the Reality that led me to almost 50 countries and encounters with extraordinary beings from many of the world's wisdom traditions, including "hidden masters" unlike the public "gurus" teaching the masses. One thing led to another ... to another ... to another ... and so on.

Ironically, I came out of that "irreversible coma" on Yom Kippur, the Jewish High Holy Day of Atonement (At-One-Ment) and Yom Kippur starts in a few minutes. Although I'm not Jewish, I do observe Yom Kippur in my own way for my own reasons as I'm sure that you can understand after reading this.