Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 19-03-2022, 07:48 PM
Ascender

I highly recommend Jane Roberts' "The Education of Oversoul 7 Trilogy". Based on the Seth material she channeled, it talks about time and how it absolutely is not linear. One of the characters named Lydia dies in the 1970s and reincarnates a couple hundred years in Earth's past.
Old 19-03-2022, 09:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
I highly recommend Jane Roberts' "The Education of Oversoul 7 Trilogy".
Can the details in that book be authenticated?
Old 19-03-2022, 09:28 PM
Deactivated Account
As alway we're stimied by our words - What does 'time travel' mean..... ?

Does it mean that our spirit selfr would return to a time we call the past or travel into a time we call the future? Or do we mean we'd like to see what it was like in those times rather than experience lives in those times - assuming we could have lives in those times?

If it's the latter then who would we be when we hit that time, always assuming we actually do travel in some fashion? Would we be the person we were in our last incarnation and if so who would be our family? Would we even have family or anyone we know if we traveled in time, be it the past or the future?
Old 19-03-2022, 10:38 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Can the details in that book be authenticated?
The work is marketed as fiction. But like I said, it is based on the Seth materials that she channeled. Can anything regarding the esoteric, or spiritual be authenticated?
Old 19-03-2022, 11:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
The work is marketed as fiction. But like I said, it is based on the Seth materials that she channeled. Can anything regarding the esoteric, or spiritual be authenticated?
I think it's important you've said it's marketed as fiction. My gut feeling was that it wasn't kosher but I try not to appear dismissive without insight into the situation.

You raise an interesting question about authentication but don't you feel it's inadvisable to highly recommend fiction as a guide to time and its nature in the etheric dimensions? It would be similar to my highly recommending "What Dreams May Come" (a personal favorite) or 'Ghost' as guides to what folk will find when they pass over. I acknowledge that all three may give a sense of how things may be but it has to be remembered they're all fiction.

As for authentication of details about life in the beyond I do agree we have no way to authenticate what we read. My approach, though, is to be guided by spirit teachers acknowledged as authoritative and persuasive by thousands of listeners to / readers of their messages.

Guides who communicated using direct voice, their mediums in deep trance and largely 'out of it', I find much more persuasive than channeled entities where the channeler is active in the communication. Whether that applies to the channeled work you've recommended I have no idea.
Old 19-03-2022, 11:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, I will just offer this...cuz I guess it WAS time travel, I suppose:

I realize now, maybe that could be called time traveling to the past?
Who knows.

I totally respect your accounts but don't they illustrate just how difficult it is to nail what 'time travel' actually means? Does a virtual visit to a memory of a distant time (a previous life) constitute traveling in time?

Maybe that's EXACTLY what time-travel means rather than an individual changing her place and state? It's purely personal to the experiencer even if other individuals are active in the memory.

I've not heard any accounts of individuals being able to manifest and take part in scenes from a distant past or future eg fighting in an historic battle. If they could, who would they be in such a role? And could they die in such a shifted time?

If time-travel is re-visiting events from one's past, however, then the time experienced will be different but the source of the experience will be one's own.

If time travel were truly possible there would appear to be no limit to how far back, or how far forward (as we judge those terms) we might go. Back to stand on this planet when it was completely different and humankind hadn't even appeared?

This is where the concept looks flimsy and begins to fail but if time travel were authentic then why would such travel NOT be possible? It's just another time.... Begs the question though who a time traveler would be when humankind didn't exist.
Old 20-03-2022, 01:42 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I think it's important you've said it's marketed as fiction. My gut feeling was that it wasn't kosher but I try not to appear dismissive without insight into the situation.

You raise an interesting question about authentication but don't you feel it's inadvisable to highly recommend fiction as a guide to time and its nature in the etheric dimensions?
No, I don't feel it's inadvisable to recommend fiction. The book is so much more than about time. So much more. Don't read it if you don't want to. I wasn't recommending it to you anyway.
Old 20-03-2022, 02:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
No, I don't feel it's inadvisable to recommend fiction. The book is so much more than about time. I wasn't recommending it to you anyway.
The book may be a doozy in its own right and cover other topics but I wasn't looking at that aspect. Just time travel in the afterlife, the thread's title and its subject.

As I was a contributor in this conversation - and you hadn't addressed your posting to anyone specific - I kinda thought you were highly recommending the book to anyone interested in understanding time.

I'm disappointed you don't see why a work of fiction isn't a guide to the complex notion of non-linear time et al. - I did explain my reasons but you haven't responded to them.

Last edited by bobjob : 20-03-2022 at 03:50 AM.
Old 20-03-2022, 03:33 AM
Master
The Seth materials are accepted by many. As it is, Jane Robert's Mediumship followed one of the many routes that many of the early, Modern day Spiritualist used.

Some people claim she was a fraud just like the other Mediums but then...... there are some who believe 'contact was made' and that she was an exceptional person. As for the the information being fiction......... I suspect those who have studied the Seth materials claim different.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 20-03-2022, 11:41 AM
bobjob, Ah, a virtual memory ---that is a good phrase, :) ...seeing a scene
in a past life, (I mean like a movie, wow), is more like it...actually felt like a
Life Review, ie, feeling all the feelings, not just watching it.
And btw, I love the Seth Materials, glad they were brought up.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru