Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 17-11-2021, 09:35 AM
Experiencer
Red face A dilemma about Reiki as the 'happy pill' - an intrusive thought...

There is this thought that is wandering in my head sometimes... for example when I feel 'low / down' due to xyz reasons, of course I can come for a reiki healing and things do turn out good, the healing is a great success by being lucky enough to have personally found real powerful Masters.

Then, the proper course of action would be to 'take advantage' of the heightened vibration and try to deal with the problems while feeling stable and with no blocks, meanwhile also trying to maintain this good energy field.

So this should sound like a healthy plan. However there is this one thought which wanders sometimes in my head, that coming for a reiki healing can be synonymous as to taking a happy pill and suppressing the problems or shoving them under the rug/carpet - and feeling good and stable again. And that this will not fix the core problem, and that I should stay as I am and suffer until I find the root problem. But then I think, if the life is a journey and I walk its path and its path is only as long as my lifespan, then what's the problem if I try to feel in a good headspace and emotionally stable most of the time, eventually I can deal with problems much better that way, no? For example manifestation or even inquiry seems to be more effective and powerful after a reiki healing (sorry for generalizing), therefore it would make sense that the "shove emotion and problem under the carpet" mentality doesn't make much sense.

This is a sort of intrusive thought and not necessarily a belief I hold or lecture, but mainly trying to put it out here and see what other people may like to add or talk about, would really appreciate and love to read each and every response. Thank you