Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 08-12-2022, 08:07 AM
Master

Creative help

Ok guys, it would be good to have some feedback.

I am an artist and have had quite a bit of success with selling my work.

BUT I have reached a stage of stagnation. Nothing is inspiring or motivating me and it has been like that for quite awhile now. I look at the canvas and absolutely nothing seems to come to me.

What I would like to do is paint or draw peoples angels or guides and even better include a message of hope with it. Something like Coral Polge did many years ago. But unfortunately I don’t see or hear the angels. Yes I have asked, but nothing so far has come back. Maybe they’ve gone on holiday lol

Maybe The emptiness is encouraging me to go in another direction but to be honest nothing else really appeals. Everyday I stay alert to what is out there and maybe coming to me but so far there is nothing that I am aware of.

I miss my creativity but not obsessed by it. Just wondering what’s going on.

Any ideas???
Old 08-12-2022, 09:40 AM
Master
Yes from what you've written, and if it continues, it all suggests a career change - I changed in 1997 from a mechanic to a web designer, because of a back injury - it doesn't mean the divine inspiration won't come back as a hobby in the future, its just that you've a path change to make now, listen to your gut feeling when resting / mind clear.

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 08-12-2022, 10:58 AM
Being a successful artist myself, now retired..I dunno about the subject matter...but just inspiration period.
I would suggest going to Art Museums, Galleries and sit in a bookstore and
look thru Art and Design Magazines and Architectural Digest that display rooms with gorgeous pieces.
I dare you not to get inspired.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-12-2022, 08:19 PM
Administrator
Why don't you take a walk out in Nature take note of how the leaves change colour how different the sky looks.
look at Natures masterpiece and take inspiration from that

Namaste
Old 08-12-2022, 08:24 PM
Master

I myself have done some 60 drawings, just pencil drawings, few attempts to use colors and then stopped. Months have passed and I have not drawn a single thing anymore.

Do you know something? I had 0 talent at drawing, completely out of touch with drawing, I tried many times, horrible, I could not even draw an eye, so you know what I did? I meditated deeply for a while, resting in awareness, day by day, and there I asked for this ability, and then I started seeing patterns and shapes and how shapes form, in our day to day life, as if my artistic ability was growing, no drawing until now, no practice. This kept for a while, remember, no drawing, no practice, just mentally seeing and seeing the magic behind our world, one night I decided to give it a try, and my first work, so so, then gave it another try, so so, and gave it one more try, I did not give up that night, and then I drew Son Goku, remember, no practice, no talent and I drew an image of Son Goku, a random image, did not care about the complexity, his whole body. I was exploding of happiness... Then the story goes on and I continued to draw, more and more, portraits, from imagination, from what I was seeing in my mind, more complex, even some realistic drawings. Just pencil.

Incredible? No talent, no practice, no training, no teacher, just the knowing that all comes from within, the awareness that all comes from within.

It's there, within, everything comes from within, you just have to ask for it once again, not as if you have to be given it once again, you already have it, you are it, I know, words but logically speaking, we are a fountain of unlimited potential.

In your meditations, ask for creativity and ask it from within yourself, not from some external force, knowing that all comes from there.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12

Maybe The emptiness is encouraging me to go in another direction

Yes ' Emptiness ' is full of potential '
Old 08-12-2022, 10:22 PM
Master
You can't will or force inspiration. That will only make the stagnation worse.
I've been there myself when I was writing my book, months on end. You could try doing things to relax, different things, not focused on getting it back.
Currently I myself am stuck a bit with finishing my 3rd book. Been over 2 years while I'd promised my publisher I'd get it done in a year...

I had it worst when I hit peri-menopause. Almost like the change in hormones flicked a switch inside of me, and pooofff, all inspiration out the window.
It slowly began to come back when I started birth control to balance hormones.

As for you, maybe you shouldn't try to paint people, angels, guides at all, could be you're just trying to hard or to do something that isn't really your thing.
Do other things you enjoy and quite likely it will suddenly be there again.
Difficult to say how to sort it as the reason can be multitude. But I do know it's quite normal for artistic people to have their inspiration come and go.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:31 AM
Master

THANK YOU ALL OF YOU SOOOOOO MUCH for caring and for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it!

Miss H. Yes you are right about going to these places but we don’t have a great Art Gallery where l live. Very mediocre. But I will go to the library and check out some of their art magazines.

NativeSpirit. I actually do that already and have done for many years but perhaps take I need to stop and take a closer look.

ThatMan. Your comments seem to resonate with me because I have been drawing faces all my life, since i was a little girl actually. Portraits are what I do best, so i will DEFINITELY try that exercise.

Sky and Fairy Crystal OneLight. Many thanks for your comments they have also “hit home”.

Kind regards to all.