Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 06-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Cherub T

Photo problem

Hi I'm having a problem uploading a profile pic. I don't know if i'm resizing it right or some other problem? x
Old 06-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Master
Hi Cherub
The forum program seems to resize the pic for you. I have noticed that the profile pic will come out much larger than the avatar one ... I have the same pic for both and the sizing is different ... I didnt need to resize it though :)
Old 06-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Cherub T

It's not loading up. I was wondering if my pic is too large. I've tried to resize but still no luck. I'm not very technical! lol x I'd just like a profile pic again.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Experiencer
"Resize" try picnik.com upload an image make sure the scale is set to "pixels"
Also is the image for the avatar or profile:

Avatar Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)

Profile Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 200 pixels or 29.3 KB (whichever is smaller)

Simply adjust the scale to the correct level or size then save, then try to upload here once more.. if it allows you to upload or create a direct link to an image you've stored at another site.. that image needs to be set at the same scale according to the above notes.
Old 30-11-2010, 04:09 AM
Master
Suddenly I'm unable to include any pictures. The picture icon asks for a URL but when the post is published, there's no picture, only a URL. What happened?
Old 30-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Master
I don't know Uma - could just be a little glitch. Perhaps there's a limit on the number of photos any member can upload with the picture icon (means it's hosted here and not offsite I think). Try just copying and pasting the url into your post. Worth a try.

Old 30-11-2010, 04:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I don't know Uma - could just be a little glitch. Perhaps there's a limit on the number of photos any member can upload with the picture icon (means it's hosted here and not offsite I think). Try just copying and pasting the url into your post. Worth a try.

......but all my photo posts were wiped out when the system crashed. It's not possible I've used up any quota.

When I copy the URL this is what happens:

http://www.hermann-uwe.de/files/imag....preview_0.jpg

When I used the picture icon, this is what happens:

Old 30-11-2010, 04:19 AM
Master
hey! now it's working again
Old 30-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Master
Well that's good. Musta been a brief glitch.