Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-11-2020, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Sure, but his religion and followers did more hating than loving, once they had power.

That vile religion is what is embraced today, and that is why it is shrinking.

Thank god for that.

Regards
DL

The Bible does not support that belief but supports the opposite. The early Christians were very much filled with love. When wolves in sheep clothing entered the congregations, as Jesus had prophesized, that what Jesus taught would be distorted. What you are noticing are the distorted teachings, not what Jesus taught.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
The statements of the Creed come straight from the Gospels. While people may dislike Christianity, they can't really argue against what makes Christianity Christianity. If the teachings and events in the Gospels are put into doubt than Christianity itself crumbles.

As the Apostle Creeds are changing and in one area they are changing is HELL is disappearing in the CREED while at the same time, newer and better translations of the Bible are also removing HELL from their Bibles. Soon, HELL will be no more.............

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-11-2020, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As the Apostle Creeds are changing and in one area they are changing is HELL is disappearing in the CREED while at the same time, newer and better translations of the Bible are also removing HELL from their Bibles. Soon, HELL will be no more.............

What makes you think there is an afterlife then? It sounds more humanist than religious to me. Did you know pretty much every religion talks about a hellish realm or an underworld? If there can be happy places after death then there can also be unhappy places. Ask people with NDEs. They don't all talk about nice things.
Old 24-11-2020, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
The core teaching is your apostles creed and it says nothing of love.

You are correct in that being the way most religions begin.

That is not what Christianity and Islam have become, --- with their misogyny and homophobia causing a lot of hate by the religious.

Regards
DL

I interact with Christians and Muslims on a regular basis. Of these 2 groups, those who follow what they are suppose to follow, are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

Old 24-11-2020, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:
What makes you think there is an afterlife then? It sounds more humanist than religious to me. Did you know pretty much every religion talks about a hellish realm or an underworld? If there can be happy places after death then there can also be unhappy places. Ask people with NDEs. They don't all talk about nice things.

As for NDEs, I have experienced some and never experienced anything strange.

As for an afterlife, Jesus taught of the resurrection.

As for HELL, even the Jews did not believe in HELL and Jesus was a Jew.

Old 24-11-2020, 04:42 PM
Master
Quote:
As for NDEs, I have experienced some and never experienced anything strange.

As for an afterlife, Jesus taught of the resurrection.

As for HELL, even the Jews did not believe in HELL and Jesus was a Jew.

So you take the word of Judaism but cast aside Christians, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Greek polytheism, Egyptian polytheism and others?

There are plenty of NDE accounts that weren't fluffy, and I suspect it's more than what is revealed for obviously less people want to share bad experiences.
Old 24-11-2020, 07:17 PM
Master

Quote:

Altair,

For your premise to be true you must accept that the concept of duality is still in effect in the afterlife....of course I have a different understanding believing that heaven(the afterlife) is a place of non duality.

I shared this quote in a different thread:

"from Nikos Kazantzakis........

"“What is the definition of heaven? Complete happiness. But how can anyone be completely happy when he looks out from heaven and sees his brothers and sisters being punished in hell? How can paradise exist if the inferno exists also? That is why I say—and let this sink deep down into your minds, my sisters—that either we shall all be saved, all of us together, or else we shall all be damned. If a person is killed at the other end of the earth, we are killed; if a person is saved, we are saved.”
Old 24-11-2020, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Jesus prophesized that wolves dressed in sheep clothing would enter the congregations and that his teachings would not be 'listened to' but he also taught that people would later be able to discern the false teachings from his teachings.

An examination of The Apostle's Creed shows that it has changed over the years. For example, slowly, but slowly, HELL has been disappearing from the Creed which in of itself is very important. HELL was introduced into the Bible by the avenue of poor translations.

' Greeks believed in HELL but Jesus did not teach of such a belief.
'

Oh dear Mathew and Mark must be telling lies,

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28).

Mark 9:43 48-49.

And more if you do a little research......
Old 24-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'

Oh dear Mathew and Mark must be telling lies,

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28).

Mark 9:43 48-49.

And more if you do a little research......

Sky123,

Thank God for the wiggle room that ‘can destroy’ implies as opposed to what ‘will destroy’ would have promised.....:). In the end we are left to hope and believe that God is a God of mercy. Maybe I should provide verses about the mercy of God ?
Old 24-11-2020, 09:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
So in reality as I thought.... No Christian Denominations teach that Jesus was not Jewish...

But then belief and conditioning is not what a conscious entity actually is. Belief's and conditioning can be altered and change. Yet we do not change, the awareness or being or consciousness or perceiver within. So really, one is never Jewish, or Christian, or Buddhist, or not these things, nor anything else... we are not a thing. We become associated with things, identified with things, all of which are temporary.