Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-05-2022, 01:09 AM
traceyacey12

Would spirituality exist if people were to be killed if they talked about it?

I know, a weird question.

I'm just trying to see if spirituality only exists because we allow it, if practicing it would lead to a good experience.

Thanks a lot for your help :)
Old 08-05-2022, 01:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
i think so. In some ways I've always thought, one reason for the eastern masters' reclusiveness is that if mainstream people (such as ordinary politicians for example) caught on to the sheer power available in some of the things they do, they would use all the same techniques they do now (e.g. physical and/or emotional torture) to try to influence them to use that power in ways that are beneficial to either the politician or the state. Which led to a lot of mystery being kept about the well-known paths, and nothing was passed on except to those who would go along with THAT status quo.

And of course there were a lot of people 'persecuted' in various ways in the name of following the judaeo-christian god... but that didn't stop such people either.

From what I can tell there were probably others who went down this road even though they had great fear for their own lives and maybe noone they could share with. Those of us who can take advantage of what is happening today are relatively lucky, with things opening up as they are...
Old 08-05-2022, 03:24 AM
Master
Quote:

I'm just trying to see if spirituality only exists because we allow it, ...
There have been many times and places where people were killed due to their religion. I know of no cases where they wiped them all out. So, yes it would still exist.

Secondarily those who identify more as spiritual rather than religious quite often take a purely person journey (like I did for decades). As such there would be no need to talk to anyone about it.

Quote:
... if practicing it would lead to a good experience.
This part is unclear.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:33 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
...This part is unclear.

Hey, thanks for the reply. What I mean by the last part is if we only get spiritual experiences if its not going to lead to death or some other bad outcome
Old 08-05-2022, 08:56 AM
Master
Yes, but there would be less to no vocabulary about it, there would be no structure and no institution.

It would be a bit like animals with a spiritual experience?
Old 08-05-2022, 10:10 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
There's an old saying, "God made man, man made religion."

If Spirituality didn't exist because nobody believed in it, what does that say about our Spirituality? If we are indeed "Spiritual Beings on a human Journey" etc, does that mean Spirituality exists anyway? If it does, does that make Spirituality a 'thing' and therefore it doesn't exist? Or do we make a 'thing' out of Spirituality?
Old 08-05-2022, 11:18 AM
hazada guess

Spirituality has, and always will, exist.We have only become aware of it with time.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Depends upon how one views “spirituality” and ,as I see it, the social structures in place.

I feel for the most part it is personal and private. Meaning, if the trust and feeling of openness is there, then it is more spoken about. If not, it is kept to oneself or group.

Feel it is not so much what one says as it is how one lives.

Whether one will get killed over it seems more a control of power thing then it is “spiritual” thing, IMO.
“Spirituality” seems to have and continue to exist regardless.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes, it would still exist it simply wouldn't be openly talked about. A person would think of spirituality and not say anything. In terms of outward appearance yes, inward, no. Of course one might say lie about it because of the need to. I take the question to be would the thought of it exist in the threat of harm. But would I reject it. One would still reject what one may be forced to say. I probably wouldn't say anything out of fear if honest. My thought are always brave : )
Old 09-05-2022, 10:33 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Yes, it would still exist it simply wouldn't be openly talked about.
If people - as in every single person on the planet - didn't believe in Spirituality would it still exist?