Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Mystromagic

If you manage to actually go into a deep trance, then the therapy can be as effective, because the therapy side of the hypnosis is quite easy once the person is in a hypnotic trance. However the key difference between self hypnosis/audio hypnosis and using a practioner, is indeed the ability to get into the trance. A practioner has a lot more ability to do so because he is responding in the moment to the reaction of the person being hypnotised. He needs the ability to create the trance in the first place, but because he is able to respond, he can also generate the trance around the individuals thought process. If you can get into a good quality of trance through audio then its contents wont be much worse than a hypnosis session, but that isnt necessarily easy. A good idea with it, is to get comfortable, and already quite relaxed before listening, so that you are already a step ahead before the audio begins.

If anyone wants to practice hypnosis for free, send me message. I have been studying hypnosis at the moment for about a year and am looking to practice and experiment both on self hypnosis and with hypnotising people in general. I am quite profficient in generating self hypnosis, I dont have much experience in hypnotising others however. Good luck!
Old 13-11-2010, 09:41 PM
kews99

I have tried hypnosis and self hypnosis audios online there are many free ones if you look online .they have definatley helped me . try www.freehypnosistreatment.com. blessings x
Old 23-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Master
I recently went to an information session on hypnosis and they confirmed my thoughts that it's really just guided meditation. I've meditated for so many years so I don't think I need to pay someone to guide me when I can do it myself. If I want to go really deep I implant a suggestion just before I go to bed and sleep on it. If I don't get a rush of intuition about it first thing on waking, I do it again the next night, and the next... It usually takes three nights in a row unless my mind is really fixed on studying the topic just before sleep, in which case I dream the answer or get it first thing the next morning on the first try. Works every time.

I am curious about my past lives and life between lives to get a stronger idea of my life purposes. I've had many psychics read for me and there are always discrepancies. I'd rather figure out how to access my personal history myself. Any tips on this? I know this is a more specialized type of hypnosis training.
Old 31-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Newbie ;)
I want to experience an LBL as well, but it's pricey, and I would like to have a better hypnosis experience before that... I didn't do so well when I tried last August, although the practitioner was very nice. I'm looking for a therapist closer to home, and one is a woman who is also a hypnotherapist; I'm hoping that she can see my at the weekends, because I won't be able to get to her during the week (if we're a good match for therapy).
Old 31-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Ascender

Isn't hypnosis just a temporary solution for a problem? It just "hides" it rather than addressing it and trying to fix it? Hmmmm....
Old 01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Krishna-prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ROM***
Isn't hypnosis just a temporary solution for a problem? It just "hides" it rather than addressing it and trying to fix it? Hmmmm....

I'm curious, what makes you think this?

Hypnosis is a solution focused approach to healing meaning it works quickly and is life long. Hypnosis does not hide or gloss over issues, it's not a treatment of symptoms only. Instead it works by changing emotional, mental, and behavioral patterns so that the client can experience life in a way that fits their goals.

With that being said, does it work every time? No, a lot is completely dependent on the skill of the hypnotist as well as the motivation of the client. If someone uses hypnosis and only get's a temporary solution then the problem was never cleared to begin with.

With self hypnosis it takes a bit longer. As you practice you become more adept at it but at first achieving lasting change may take a bit longer and that is simply due to the nature of self hypnosis.

So to answer your question no, hypnosis is a lasting solution. Any therapy that only treats symptoms without clearing away the originating issue is destined for ineffectiveness. Hypnosis does not fall into that category.

Hope this was helpful,

KP
Old 15-02-2011, 12:15 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
I had a series of hypnotherapy sessions which I found extremely beneficial but quite pricey.

I was just wondering if anyone has found self-hypnosis as beneficial as seeing a hypnotherapist.

If so, how did you go about self hypnosis, did you buy a book, record yourself speaking etc?

Thanks, Sophie

No the reason being when you do self hypnosis there is a little bit of the conscious mind which is still awake and you need to reach depths to effectively benefit especially in therapy and you need somebody to count you out when you go very deep.

but you can ask your hypnotherapist to give you key words, they are triggers that will quickly help you relax.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Experiencer
Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah85
I wonder if anyone could share a hypnosis method in a .mp3 or .wmv format?

I found some videos on youtube. I felt as if I was meditating and I believe it would of worked if I didn't stop due to fear. :/
Old 13-04-2011, 12:58 PM
star-child

Here is a good YouTube channel with short hypnosis recordings. I recommend getting yourself really relaxed beforehand because the recordings don't spend much time doing that- breath deeply, imagine each muscle and limb going limp, imagine your cells relaxing etc. then press play without disturbing that state too much.
Old 27-02-2012, 12:39 AM
michaelsherlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
I had a series of hypnotherapy sessions which I found extremely beneficial but quite pricey.

I was just wondering if anyone has found self-hypnosis as beneficial as seeing a hypnotherapist.

If so, how did you go about self hypnosis, did you buy a book, record yourself speaking etc?

Thanks, Sophie

Essentially, all hypnosis is self, or auto-hypnosis. There are many good recordings out there which you can buy. Even if the given suggestions are not inline with the particular results you want, practicing it daily helps develope your ability to go into trance faster and once you have reached a decent level of auto-hypnosis, you can record your own voice with your own specific suggestions, which I think is very beneficial for many reasons, not the least of which is fostering independence as opposed to dependence, which will serve you in the future.