Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 06-04-2011, 09:48 AM
themaster

What'd you got for colds?

3-4 times a year.. maybe sometimes less.. I get hit with a cold..

That gives me up to a few weeks of misery.. I take vitamin c (that sometimes helps) I chew gum.. I use showers sometimes to ease it.. recently last few years (something changed) and I spit phlegm.. (which helps)

I think my cold is caused by something to do with I dunno.. picking my nose when I was a child.. or lack of "nose hairs" (though they've grown more in recent years.. I sometimes pull them out through the picking/cold/whatever) or perhaps beliefs I've created that have yet to be "neutralized"

I know chicken soup helps ease the throat.. I rarely if ever (unless desperate) take common cold medicine..

I'm also aware that my cold may be caused at times by too much A/C and or too much fans/air just blowing past me..

This recent cold I got.. I was at the hilton felt fine.. took a walk on a 60F degree night in vegas all the way to MGM and back my feet were mega, mega tired when I got back.. and then I took a bath/shower.. which I think destroyed the protection that was in my nose.. I woke up and phlegm had poured down my throat all night so my throat was sore (my uncle things I picked it up from people on the strip.. me I dunno) so I've had that cold now for a week+

So is there something I can do to prevent this.. or make the suffering less worse.. is there way to find out if it's allergy.. dunno??

Also, I know that at times the cold can cause other infections like my teeth or sores in mouth etc. to flail up and make everything hurt worse.. don't know what's that's called..? but could be related..
Old 07-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Master
OKay can you get your vit, D levels checked, I've personally not had mine checked but I take 5,000 units a day with a meal, if I'm sick I go up to 10,000. Since I've started taking this and it's been two years I've not been really really sick just a touch and it goes in a day.
Also ginger tea is a natural antibacterial and antiviral. I make my own and drink it everyday, about 16 ounces worth, buy real gingner cut into very small slices and put in a cup put in boiling water stir for 15 minutes and drink I also eat a bit of the ginger in the bottom of the cup too, it helps a lot with immunity for me.
Spiritlite.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:43 AM
themaster

I think I forgotten to mention in the last few years.. I've noticed that "lemonade" helps too.. (a drink I normally never have)

I shall try to experiment with some "ginger" , vitamin d
Old 07-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Master
yeah get some real ginger root I cut them up very thinly into tiny slices and put in bottom of cup I fill my cup with about 1/3 of ginger root, sounds like a lot but I like it really really tasting of ginger, and seriously 5,000 units of vit D.
Spiritlite.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Master

The lemonade may assisting you in alkalizing your system though it's better that you have a little squeezed fresh lemon in water w/o the sugar. Alkalizing your system in general prevents illness. Cayce recommended a little squeezed lemon in warm water first thing when you get up in the morning. I even had a dream once telling me to use lemon for health. He basically said in his readings that if your system is alkalized you won't get sick. If you're eating your veggies your system should be alkaline but too much meat, grain and dairy acidifies.

Cayce also mentions keeping a piece of carbon steel on your person like in your pocket. This is also supposed to help. I tried that this winter and didn't catch any colds. A company sells something like this and they call it the "cold coin". I bought one through Amazon for a few bucks.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
3-4 times a year.. maybe sometimes less.. I get hit with a cold..

That gives me up to a few weeks of misery.. I take vitamin c (that sometimes helps) I chew gum.. I use showers sometimes to ease it.. recently last few years (something changed) and I spit phlegm.. (which helps)

I think my cold is caused by something to do with I dunno.. picking my nose when I was a child.. or lack of "nose hairs" (though they've grown more in recent years.. I sometimes pull them out through the picking/cold/whatever) or perhaps beliefs I've created that have yet to be "neutralized"

I know chicken soup helps ease the throat.. I rarely if ever (unless desperate) take common cold medicine..

I'm also aware that my cold may be caused at times by too much A/C and or too much fans/air just blowing past me..

This recent cold I got.. I was at the hilton felt fine.. took a walk on a 60F degree night in vegas all the way to MGM and back my feet were mega, mega tired when I got back.. and then I took a bath/shower.. which I think destroyed the protection that was in my nose.. I woke up and phlegm had poured down my throat all night so my throat was sore (my uncle things I picked it up from people on the strip.. me I dunno) so I've had that cold now for a week+

So is there something I can do to prevent this.. or make the suffering less worse.. is there way to find out if it's allergy.. dunno??

Also, I know that at times the cold can cause other infections like my teeth or sores in mouth etc. to flail up and make everything hurt worse.. don't know what's that's called..? but could be related..

My prevention has always been to drink plenty of water, get good rest, and maintain a firm belief in my body's ability to protect itself. Other than a 24 hour stomach bug (which I beat in about 6 hours) that I got last week, I can't remember the last time I was sick. Even when my whole family got sick a few weeks back I didn't even get a runny nose.

My theory is that we only get sick if we lower our vibration to that of the illness. Stay positive, full of Love, and keep your Faith that God made your body to work. That's the best medicine I know of.
Old 22-04-2011, 01:34 AM
CharmedCladdagh

Hey

I live in a hot climate & deal with A/C almost daily, I believe too has a massive effect on spreading colds eps public places with A/C! As a child I used to suffer big time with tonsillitis until the day we move from our house with central heating, for nearly 9 years I never had tonsillitis until I moved to the caribe! In the winter month its so cold at night & scorching in the day time my tonsils flair up leaving me susceptible to cold! Here a local natural rem is a cup of boiled water & honey with fresh squeezed limon! Lime is a natural antibacterial (thats why Its good for cooking). Its worked at treat each time for me!

:)
Old 22-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Master
Vitamin C needs Calcium for the body to absorb it themaster ... you can get it (abscorbic acid) in powdered form and take it with milk ... it sounds crazy because milk is mucous forming however it works like a charm :) hope you get to feeling better soon ...
Old 22-04-2011, 06:55 AM
themaster

I feel mostly good now.. my cold was beaten back.. mostly
Old 22-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Master
As soon as I feel a cold coming on, I remove all bugs from all of my bodies.
If I catch it early enough, I only have to do this once.
Viruses are a little bit tricky, one can remove them, and half an hour l later, they are back. It takes a little bit of persistence.