Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 17-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Master
How would you "staff" this issue on Spiritual Forums

Hi members of SF,

We have seen your comments that we just ban people and do not give them a chance, or that we just close threads without any real reason. So we have decided to see how you guys would respond and react to a matter that has been brought to staffs attention. This is a mock issue and is not something currently happening at this time. We would like to see how you guys would respond and what you would do. Then we will show you how we would respond to it.

Here we go.

A member has created a thread on the forum in the Spiritual Development section. Member Bradly has responded to the thread with their views on the question that was posed. Member George has responded to Bradly's response. This is what George say in the thread in relation to Bradly.

Bradly, expresses their beliefs as if they are the only truth and there is no other way.. I posed a question that was related to the original question that was posted, and this Bradly stepped in to enforce their "mastery" over said topic and the only direction they want to go with it. Thus preventing anyone from having any sort of discussion about the thread. This is Bradly's way, their vain ego and egoistic mindset will not tolerate or allow contradicting opinions or beliefs.. Bradly and a few other members on this board make arrogant statements, and then they get defensive and confrontational when asked for clarification or state an opinion that goes against what they are spewing or when someone else tries to share something that differs from what they say.

How would you respond to this? What would you do and why would you do what you do?

This was a mock reply to a mock thread that only exists in this thread right here that a mock member made in regards to a post they found of a member on the open forum. None of this actually happened or is happening.

This was not in relation to any actual post. However, we do get posts that are similar in vain to this on the actual board.

Now we are turning it over to you guys to see how you would do to it. How you would respond. What you would do.
Old 17-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Master
How do you assume all this about Bradley, you could never know all this about a member, no matter how they act. I have a very close friend that was banned for ever, who had no other problems from the past, my friend is still wondering what happened.
Old 17-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
How do you assume all this about Bradley, you could never know all this about a member, no matter how they act. I have a very close friend that was banned for ever, who had no other problems from the past, my friend is still wondering what happened.

This was a mock reply to a mock thread that only exists in this thread right here that a member made in regards to a post they found of a member on the open forum. None of this actually happened or is happening.

This was not in relation to any actual post. However, we do get posts that are similar in vain to this on the actual board.

Now we are turning it over to you guys to see how you would do to it. How you would respond. What you would do.
Old 17-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Master
innerlight - I think in most cases this situation occurs with new members that aren't aware of the "respect" requirements on SF with all members. That being said, if I were a new member like Bradly, I guess I would want an admin to send me a PM reminding me of the SF policies and asking me to abide by those policies and allow others to exercise their freedom of speech without harassment. A new member should be given a certain amount of warnings to change his/her behavior before being booted. If they proceed with same kind of behavior that is really abusive to others and have been given ample opportunity to change, then they are out of here. It's the same as a work setting. You have to give an employee the opportunity to change their wrong behavior before firing them. That's how I would approach it anyway. I know you ladies have a tough job so I would hate to be in your shoes.

P.S. Some people just have a bad day an act like a jerk for a few posts then straighten up after that.

Blackraven
Old 17-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Master
It would make more sense if you used actual verbatim posts changing the names to protect the innocent and not so innocent, lol. Because there's a lot of assuming on your part. Some people are good at reading between the lines and getting a feel for attitudes in print. Some are fair to middling and others are lousy at it.

Old 17-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Master
We all have to be careful also of the staff members, like what say if on of the moderators are a christian, this person may not like what others say about the christian folk, so because of their ego, they may want to ban a member for saying something that they personally don't like, so it works on both ends.
Old 17-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Gracey

ideally i would try to remain diplomatic in confrontation, just to try to keep things rational and if i find myself in a circle, i would step out. why? i think of a quote i once read, something about the higher you are on the "spiritual ladder", the less interference you give to anothers state of consciousness. something like that anyway, by a guy named paul twitchell.
Old 17-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
This was a mock reply to a mock thread that only exists in this thread right here that a member made in regards to a post they found of a member on the open forum. None of this actually happened or is happening.

I would let them both fight it out, it would be good entertainment, and I'm not being funny with my reply.
Old 17-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
It would make more sense if you used actual verbatim posts changing the names to protect the innocent and not so innocent, lol. Because there's a lot of assuming on your part. Some people are good at reading between the lines and getting a feel for attitudes in print. Some are fair to middling and others are lousy at it.

There was the possibility of using actual problem. The only problem with that is that the person or persons could feel offended to be on the spot of this little exercise.

So a new thread that doesn't exist, with a fake scenario was created so no one feels singled out.

It may look like it was about a member named Bradly, but it's not. It's a new scenario. Based off of things that have happened in the past.
Old 17-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
That's a good point Silvergirl, i suppose that's why you are our best moderator.