Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 27-04-2022, 11:32 PM
Bambo

A beautiful and extraordinary true story

http://web.archive.org/web/200112230...gepet/tyke.htm
Old 08-07-2022, 01:38 AM
Ascender

Lions are obligate carnivores. They cannot be vegetarians, or at least, they should not be. They need taurine (amino acid found only in meat) for eye health, heart health and maintain healthy immune systems. They cannot manufacture taurine from other amino acids like people and dogs can. But they didn't know that back in 1936. A lot of cats went blind and died of heart failure 30/40 years ago because we didn't know how important taurine is to them. If you look at the ingredients of commercial cat food today, taurine is listed as a separate ingredient and most cat foods boast that they're grain free and the protein source is from meat.

Have you ever heard about the story Christian the Lion? Christian was a lion cub that was rescued from a department store back in the 60's by two friends in London. It's hard to believe that you could buy a lion cub in a department store back then. I remember the shoe store my mom took us to when we were little to buy shoes back in the '60s. It had monkey behind a glass enclosed cage. A monkey! All by itself. With no stimulation. And the cage was only about the size of a small closet. I feel sad for that poor little creature every time I think about it.

Anway, the two young men raised the cub by themselves until he started growing too big for them to handle. They then made arrangements for George Adamson to take Christian in at the Kora Nature Reserve in Kenya.

https://www.kenyasafari.com/christian-the-lion.html

I recommend checking out the video on youtube as well. It shows a lot of great video footage of Christian as a cub and his two 'dads'. You can clearly see how much he loved those two young men and how much they loved him too.

A lion called Christian The whole Documentary Full length

https://youtu.be/EZ-da0AZcRU
Old 08-07-2022, 07:23 AM
Bambo

Thank you about that Lion story,very nice! (No I hadnt heard it)
Old 08-07-2022, 07:19 PM
Master
As a guy who's been to Sub-Saharan Africa a number of times...I figuring any lion that's hanging out with a lamb is just keeping him fresh till lunch time...

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 08-07-2022, 07:38 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
As a guy who's been to Sub-Saharan Africa a number of times...I figuring any lion that's hanging out with a lamb is just keeping him fresh till lunch time...

It is not uncommon if these wild animals were raised together as babies and have all their needs met. If they're fed regular meals and never go hungry, the wouldn't see these 'brothers/sisters from another mother' as prey. I've seen lots of pictures and videos of tigers growing up with dogs being best buds.