Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Master

Way cool. I’m not here to banter definitions. That is an endless mental endeavor. If all of this is working for you in the way you have it realized … then continue. It always seems to be something else that the individual needs to experience. It’s always surprising and *very* suspicious to come across someone who *has* experienced … and is talking from that level and beyond. All of the great “teachers” that have come to this planet to offer insight … always have to “talk down” to the general populous. Where they are actually coming from is beyond where most can understand.

No … I am not demanding that I am one of the great teachers. … and I put this in only for the intellectuals that will jump on this retort to dismiss what is being said … by either of us.

If you have everything resolving into “bliss and silence” … again … way cool. This has to do with ones individual understanding on all levels … and overcoming one’s “programming” is a great part of that.

There is nothing … nothing - that anyone can tell anyone that has their heels dug into the sand … from or within any point of view. One eventually “gets to a place” where they are content … and they will ride it for as long as they continue to be content. This can last a very … very … long time. And when an individual finally does solve and resolve beyond the Lower Psychic Worlds … “eternity” doesn’t matter anymore.

The “differences” one will have to unveil and resolve … only when they “get there.” There is no describing anything … to an intellectual … that they will accept … unless they are already living with that state of consciousness.

And yes … this exact same thing can be said about me from any other viewpoint. The whole issue resolves into ones curiosity and devotion to find a greater Truth than where one is at the moment … no matter what one believes / thinks / accepts … until one has become an authentic Master … and with that realization … the entirety of LIFE takes on a whole new approach and understanding. This takes risk … and effort … perhaps of a different “kind” than mental approaches … and one cannot get involved in either if one is floating around in “bliss and silence” … but … ( and it’s a big ‘but’ ) … to be floating around at that level is perhaps one of the best R&R’s one can experience. I mean that sincerely. There are few other experiences … save for when someone gets their first “dose” of cosmic consciousness … that allows and rewards the individual to just float around in “bliss and silence” … somewhat like laying on that lounge chair on a far-away beach and not having a care in the world.

One more time … there is *no* criticism here … *no* judgment … *no* talking down to anyone. That only makes it all worse. Who am I to suggest that anyone else knows more or less … is lost or found … is advanced or not so advanced … etc. All of that comes in time … whether one wishes to put “time” into this or that understanding. There is sequence. Call it whatever you wish.

In the end … most people will defend … few will listen … and from your point of view … that includes me. One can absolutely declare … there are positions within the mental realms … where it is all designed seemingly to absolute perfection … and if all of that is resolved into “bliss and silence” for you … you are to be commended. Stay there.

You are clearly comfortable with where you are. Enjoy.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 23-06-2021, 06:45 PM
Deactivated Account
just so you know my intention was to answer your question you asked. the reason i did was because its something i witness in my experience. then it sorta went on from there.

i haven't read much of the thread i just happened to read that question. i have noticed people are enjoying it by the responses and stars. very cool!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 23-06-2021, 10:31 PM
Master
QUOTE 348 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Sometimes our rather simple and easily offered statements to Self about ability or incapability are *so* ingrained … we don’t even consider them as cause and effect anymore … which is one of my main points.

That is an excellent point as many people do not realize the nature of self-imposed limitations which are "so ingrained (that) we don't even consider them as cause and effect any more".

That alone could provide discussion information for an entire thread.
Old 23-06-2021, 10:41 PM
Master

running …

All is well. Always was. I often pose questions within any specific post. It is often used to broaden the general theme of that post.

If you’re just discovering the thread … there’s a *lot* of reading to be done. Hope you find something of interest /value.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Still Waters … I’m all for you starting just such a thread along those lines. It would be a good one.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 23-06-2021, 11:43 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
One eventually “gets to a place” where they are content … and they will ride it for as long as they continue to be content. This can last a very … very … long time.

Keeping it 100.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 24-06-2021, 01:47 AM
Deactivated Account
I wish to clarify exactly what im referring about when i say bliss. the word can have many meanings.

bliss is the experience of the divine current expressing itself in the nervous system as joy in the body and mind.

this joy supercedes the mind and emotional body. what do i mean by that? the mind, the emotions, or anything else for that matter can not obstruct it.

emotions dissolve into the joy. its also true that emotions are experienced in bliss. everything is experienced in this joy. love, anger, fear, sadness. everything still matters. everything is just in joy. and what becomes in that joy turns itself into that. things can not stick. thiey rise and fall. dissolve into joy. bliss simply out powers the mind and emotional body.

now in the process of opening up to this power takes time and in that time one could be overwhelmed in joy. over time the body and the mind adapt to the power. life goes on. its a new normal. its not a doing. its like a heart beating. it just beats right. one doesn't will the heart to beat. one can will more of it but can't stop it.

this is a net net benefit in all of life. because its adding to not taking away. after one has become acclimated to this power.

also it could be helpful to know this power has a benefit to everything it contacts. making everything into itself. i think of it as the divine feminine because its love itself. dissolving what comes in contact into herself. she quenches.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 24-06-2021, 02:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
I wish to clarify exactly what im referring about when i say bliss. the word can have many meanings.bliss is the experience of the divine current expressing itself in the nervous system as joy in the body and mind. this joy supercedes the mind and emotional body. what do i mean by that? the mind, the emotions, or anything else for that matter can not obstruct it.
emotions dissolve into the joy....etc

Hey running I enjoyed your post.

I thought I would add some of my perspective to what you are saying.

Just because one is in bliss and silence and cosmic consicousness doesn't mean there isn't cognitive dissonance. One can shut out what's in the 'silence' and never know. 'Silence' is full. Full of worlds, sounds, and 'other sides' of the consciousness that get shut out and are just waiting to come alive and consciously join the bliss, that are constantly mirroring us in the quantum field in the ordinary every day to get our attention--through our neighbors, that triggered guy over there in the parking lot, that full moon you mentioned, whatever. But they can only do that--come alive--through growth.

Everyone does this, bliss or no. I'm no exception.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 24-06-2021, 02:39 AM
Deactivated Account
life goes on.......

Wherever I May Roam
Old 24-06-2021, 01:07 PM
Master

Considerations Eighty-Nine …

It’s a dream … It’s all illusion …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

I wouldn’t even want to begin how many times “It’s all a dream … “ … or … “It’s an illusion … “ has been declared on this forum. The concept that it may or may not be a dream or illusion matters little unless or until one figures out the how and why it is such. By now … if you haven’t figured out that the words most often used to describe life in the Lower Psychic Worlds are a symbol for another … much more developed meaning … then you have been chasing the wrong definition. It has to be this way … to make the individual dig for the truth. Actual truth is not so easily uncovered. It is coded … hidden … deceptive … and in the end … does not turn out to be what one thinks it should be.

To use the term “illusion” is often used to dismiss what has yet to be understood. Everything has its place … and there is purpose for the overall design. Seekers after the truth of life, the students of life, are of two opposite kinds. One wishes to learn from outward appearance. The other wishes to find out the secret that is hidden behind it. The one who learns from the external gets the knowledge from the external, which we call science. The one who finds out from the within, from that which is hidden in this manifestation, is the inner student of truth.

Some people believe that “illusion” means “not real.” Stub your toe or hit your finger with a hammer and you’ll think otherwise. The true meaning of illusion is “not seen correctly or seen in a false light.” Reality is approached through illusion. We do not and cannot dismiss the material and psychic worlds. To seek reality by ignoring the world is to fool ourselves. This … is where the schoolroom is. There is balance … a middle path … to all things.

Illusion springs from false beliefs, thoughts, ideas, and are fertilized by the emotions - - and are made so real, the effects produced are factual ( “real” ) to mans limited sense perceptions. Emotion plays a big part in creating all of this. The emotions behind each belief, thought, and idea contributes to the concept that these beliefs, etc. are factual in the first place.

Any experience - - inner or outer - - may carry with it a divine message … an aid to spiritual unfoldment. Many believe that their outer circumstances “just happen” … but it is they that have designed it all. The illusion is to believe that they had little to no involvement in the experiences of their outer life.

People hold to the illusion of being conscious of Self because of their memories … and of the thought processes themselves. The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - - it is the illusion of knowledge. What people believe prevails over the truth … born of what this world teaches us to believe via popular opinion, positions, followings, and beliefs.

To believe that these Lower Psychic Worlds have little or no reality is to try and destroy the schoolroom because we disapprove of its design. We eventually find that anything and everything we do inwardly will reflect outwardly … but there will be a time lag … sometimes a substantial time lag. If it all was immediate … we would all figure it out in short order. So … we do not make the connection.

Very often indeed … it is not the specific thought that counts … but the attitude that gives rise to the thought(s) themselves. You can have quite a string of thoughts and feelings towards any specific facet … and any one of these can trigger and then deepen the eventual outward manifestation … and then we’ll wonder “where did *that* come from?”

Another illusion within the Lower Psychic Worlds … we are ignorant of the causes that make us act. Our viewpoint … our perspective … our state of consciousness. Nice we are ignorant of this … we blame it everywhere but ourselves … for as long as we can.

Everything is a reflection of the inner cosmic worlds. The past is but a thought, the present a reflection, the future a dream. The world is but a changing scene of conditions, situations, and circumstances created by man. Only the inner world is reality. The outer world is illusion.

Everything man thinks goes inward and is reflected outwardly. It returns to the outer world. Therefore - - the conscious mind should be pure.

The physical world is an assumed world that is plastic and fluid in Spirit. Your beliefs have this Spirit molding your beliefs into your present incarnation … into the lifestyle you believe to be true … and also incorporates karmic implications from past lives … which may be entirely unknown to you.

The movement of every visible object is caused - - *not* by things outside the body - - but by things within it which operate from within - - outward. The journey is within yourself.

Everything is a reflection of the inner cosmic worlds. The past is but a thought, the present a reflection, the future a dream. The world is but a changing scene of conditions, situations, and circumstances created by man. Only the inner world is reality. The outer world is illusion. Everything man thinks goes inward and is reflected outwardly. It returns to the outer world.

As stated in a previous Tidbit … “The art of illusion lies in shifting blame” … and we love to blame our outer life on EVERY-thing except ourselves. Admittedly … our route life does not follow fro our inner thoughts and feelings word-for-word or thought-for-thought. Outer experience comes from a germ of thought and feeling and so can manifest in many, many forms … all along a similar germinal thought or inner action.

That is why … it is the attitude that gives rise to the various thoughts that is more compelling.

More Monday.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Tidbit …

So you perpetually are playing the game of individual freedom … or individual limitation … all depending on your viewpoint.

People believe in limitation so much that they believe that limitation is the law. But it is not. The higher law … is of freedom.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 24-06-2021, 05:42 PM
Master
QUOTE 369 EXCERPT:

Quote:

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - - it is the illusion of knowledge. What people believe prevails over the truth … born of what this world teaches us to believe via popular opinion, positions, followings, and beliefs.

That's an interesting way of putting it ... but isn't the "illusion of knowledge" just another, more "educated" form of ignorance?

In any case, I love Shankara's seemingly paradoxical syllogism on this very subject of real/unreal (or illusion/dream in the quoted post):

Brahman is real.
The Universe is unreal.
But Brahman IS the Universe.

P.S. Ramana Maharshi comments on this particular syllogism are included in the following article.

https://jasongregory.org/the-life-an...mana-maharshi/
Closed Thread