Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 18-06-2021, 12:01 PM
ImthatIm

Post #340 is full of value.
I just want to highlight this following section and say it resonates as very,very true.
Quote:
The real men of love seek the true power which is spiritual love. They do*not* play games drummed up by the material worlds or the psychic powers. They remain in the background, going after basic control of Self … which is spiritual love.
Old 18-06-2021, 12:03 PM
Master
QUOTE 340 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
We do *not* repress, suppress, or become unfeeling robots. Learn to control *and* to care.

That is a very good point. I used to have a very fiery Sicilian temper in the past (albeit with some very rare occurrences even now ).

From Zen, I learned to acknowledge the anger (don't repress or suppress as you indicated) and then immediately detach from the anger and decide how best to proceed from that point under "control" (as you noted) instead of being driven impulsively by the anger. Simply acknowledge the feeling .... understand it ... and proceed as wisely as possible from that point.
Old 18-06-2021, 03:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 334 EXCERPT: There is a Zen saying:

"Differentiation without equality is poor differentiation.
Equality without differentiation is poor equality. "

I love that

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 21-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Master

Considerations Eighty-Eight …

Maya …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Maya is a part and force of illusion which leads us to believe in the phenomenal / external world. It is a spell of the senses. One thinks and sees all life as material - - and lets the material side guide his life instead of the intuitive. It is a world of sense and matter. It is a force made up for the downward pull of man. It includes lust, anger, attachment, greed, vanity. These are the channels used to keep one in bondage.

A partial definition of maya is “effect” … this is how the Lower Psychic Worlds capture the individual … and have us believe it is our personal life experience. We set the primal action … the cause … into effect. We then live within our effects. You should always being devising and revising the causes from which to live … and not just succumb to living within your own effects … which we all do.

The cause … “I don’t know how … I don’t have time … I can’t … It doesn’t work … I have trouble with … This isn’t working … I AM not … etc” … whatever sets that cause in motion will give you an effect / reaction /result … this is the cause you will live by and will draw your life experiences to you. Once this cause is expressed … and it can feel *so* simple and right … it’s an immediate effect … and from that point on … you will see more and more of the similar experiences you expect to see and will then will live within the continuation of that belief or effect. Say any of the above phrases … or think them … and *so* many more … and you will begin to live within that expectation.

The polarization or duality of the Lower Psychic Worlds is designed just for this purpose. This is what builds and becomes illusion. It makes the “difficulties” of our lives.

This may not be an exact definition of maya … but it is certainly what makes maya so effective as a teachable and learning pattern of cause and effect.

Maya is lifted out of Reality and takes place in the Lower Psychic Worlds of MEST ( Matter-Energy-Space-Time ). It leads to identifying and living within our own designed limitations.

The thought of personal incapability or failure … whatever the experience … will be your cause. It is one of expectation that didn’t work … not the way you envisioned. We tend to live our failures rather than redesign for success and then practice those … until they become our daily experience.

In the Lower Psychic Worlds there will always be experiences that do not adhere to your designed livingness. This is simply to shake your tree … and get you to fall … to get you to accept the effect of failure or limitation … to test you for your steadfastness.

More often than not we have forgotten the primal cause of the effects we live. Many of them were borne in past lives … and we accepted them so deeply … we continue their belief and expectation into the current incarnation.

When we look around the world today there are plenty of issues from which to draw new detrimental causes or to feed the old detrimental causes to give them continued life.

How many times have you watched someone say “I can’t remember … “ and say it again the next day … and the next week … until they train themselves to have a bad memory. This is being an effect of their own effect … which was an initial claim or cause of … “I don’t remember” … which momentarily could have been so … but becomes an effect with the expectation that we won’t remember … again … and again.

You can revise … and not fall into that entire cause trap.

You gain something much more quickly … whatever it may be … by designing it … and then practicing it by keeping it in focus no matter what goes on around or within … until it becomes an effect within which you wish to live … and have chosen … and you gain the positive effect much more quickly by performing this entire sequence rather than just sitting or laying back and waiting for it to “descend” upon you.

Every word you think can either give rise to a new cause or feed an old one. Feeding the “old” one … is maya. It is a dead cause given new life by our expectation and continued focus.

Soul gives power to the various focal points just like an electric current gives power to the electric light bulb. Since Soul is out of Its element - - the true home of Soul is *not* based in the Lower Psychic Worlds … it is *not* easy to live here. The five mental passions of lust, anger, greed, attachment, and vanity … result in maya - - illusion - - often giving promise of wonderful things just around the corner. If we follow the five passions - - then - - no matter what we do - - we are brought only into the harsh struggles against the Lower Worlds.

The Path is … distinguishing what is the living reality of Life and what has been promoted forever without change … or … what is maya … what has been torn from the living reality and has become stable and rigid. Frozen.

The human state of consciousness … or shadow of reality … is maya. When we live in and through the flesh … we then live under the laws of matter, energy, space, time. This is maya. Economics, race, nationality, etc. This often gives the impression of separation.

This must be renounced … not out of defiance and rebellion … but out of recognition and realization of the part that it plays and what is beyond it. With eons of practiced effects behind each one of us … this is not an easy lifestyle to set into practice. This is a part of the development of strength and courage … and of the risk and effort to approach it in the first place.

You learn to live the spirit of Life and not the mental filtering perceptions of life.

More Thursday.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Tidbits …

If you want to rise, expand, or grow … do the difficult.

Become insulated … not isolated.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 22-06-2021, 04:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop

The thought of personal incapability or failure … whatever the experience … will be your cause.

Could you elaborate further on that point. While I agree that "personal incapability or failure" may be the "cause" for some people, I am not sure that one can generalize that for all.

In Hinduism, there is mention of "Lila", the play of consciousness whereby one dives into Maya to "play" without ever losing hold of the proverbial "Ariadne's thread" which connects us to the Source and guides us out of the labyrinth of Maya.
Old 22-06-2021, 10:21 PM
Master

Cause and effect … action and reaction is often a mystical relationship. Cause … may or may not be apparent to a specific statement or action. If and when people begin to claim that they cannot do this or they’re not good enough for that … there is going to be an “effect” somewhere along the way. You and I both know mind and conjure up belief in most anything. If you wish to believe that there is someone who can state and make claims for incapability, etc. … and not have it be “cause” somewhere … be my guest. One exception … if and wen found … does not negate a general rule.

This post didn’t have anything to do with holding or losing hold on any thread that connects us to “Source.” If Hinduism provides a way in or out of cause and effect … my hat’s off to them.

Consciousness can clearly “play” … I’ll happily grant you that.

Sometimes our rather simple and easily offered statements to Self about ability or incapability are *so* ingrained … we don’t even consider them as cause and effect anymore … which is one of my main points. Once one begins to be the effect of their own effect … the evidence that supports the truth of our incapability or failure are voluminous. That becomes a habit … then it becomes a way of life.

“Generalize for all” is a loaded statement. Find *one* exception … and that supposedly dismisses the entire consideration. I’ve put in entire posts about that. The thread on “Either / Or” was one of them.

Believe as you wish. That’s what makes “the Path” so individualistic and adventurous. No one needs my agreement or disagreement to believe they have found a way to work around the foundational principle of cause and effect. If you have truly found such a way … my advice would be … get it into a book. It will be a best seller to all. A way to set aside “cause” would be fabulous. You’d make a fortune. I’d probably buy a copy myself. ( LoL )

In any event … on we go.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 23-06-2021, 12:11 PM
Deactivated Account
ok. but im not writing a book. cause and effect can get dissolved into bliss and silence. it can also be worked out in dreams by the power of bliss. silence can literally erase things out of one's consciousness. more importantly though its not about cause and effect as much as we all like to give power to it. its about opening up to bliss and silence. where sometimes its the unpleasantness of situations that provides the catalyst to bring one to bliss. everything comes and goes but bliss and silence are constant if one becomes open to it. which everyone does because its the only thing that is actually real and all things derive from. consider time isn't real. takes the ego out of bliss and when it happens for you. furthermore to really understand what i said one must know the nature of bliss and silence. it is nondual. what does that mean? it means it is love and silence itself. not for a reason.

its a lot to let go of when one truly opens to it. the mind wants reasons.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 23-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Master

Cause … can get “dissolved” … by another cause. To retreat to a state of consciousness where one drifts without thought ( silence ) is a great R&R but does nothing to revise and lead one to choices of greater causes within ones personal life when returning to the Lower Psychic Worlds to fulfill ones incarnation. Yes … many causes can be worked out in dreams. Silence does nothing to erase … we just set it all aside while we relax on our longe chair of no-thought. One always comes back to their own designs … unless or until one totally advances beyond the Lower Psychic Worlds.

Many times … when people talk about advancing into the “bliss” of it all … what they’ve really done is slowly revise their trolling issues into the more positive side of it all … such as … if “I am incapable … “ slowly resolve into “I a capable … “ by making a ore wider design of capability to replace the areas of incapability … then … one enjoys the bliss / success of that effort.

There is no such thing as silence. The worlds are filled with sound … and light. If one does not hear this with their spiritual senses … then they can begin to consider if they are just stopping thought or truly advancing into a great state of consciousness.

All is as real as one makes it. Dismissal and denial is not advancement. ( I am *not* saying that you personally are denying and dismissing. Only you know your own stance in Life. )

The understanding of duality /non-duality is an incredibly interesting adventure in itself. It has been made into something that it is not … but … that’s part of it all.

No doubt about it … there *is* a lot to let go of … and in that … on we go.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 23-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Having no thoughts and what i spoke to about being erased are not the same thing. its something you may need to experience. its in the same realm as creating an action from an idea arising into ones consciousness.

circumstances are real in a sense that your experiencing them. im not suggesting they have no value. thats an individual choice. im saying that everything is derived from and goes back to bliss and silence. how one thinks of things of life circumstances has to do with programming of the mind. which is different from person to person with similarities as well.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 23-06-2021, 02:32 PM
Deactivated Account
continued.

again. to be clear. circumstances of life can create an opening to beyond mind. its very speculative trying to identify what circumstance for what person is the key. it is clear that the heart has to open since that is the key. an argument can be made for intense conflict or lack of conflict. an argument can be made for fighting for your ideas or living life in more of an observation. what happens from ones action is to complex to ever know. an argument can be made its all a script and we are puppets to it. this is a never ending mind experiment. one will find whats beyond mind and give reason for finding it by what one is observing going on at the time. maybe there was a full moon. maybe it was an earthquake. maybe it was the heat of the battle or peace going on. if one opens to it there was something going on at that time and perhaps played a role. maybe it was memories of lifetimes ago arising and due to that created such a surrender in love or fear that it happened. ita endless possibilities.

speaking for myself. life matters a lot. im in the strong opinion section more than other sections. but i enjoy being intellectually honest with myself and the words i share about life and opening up to the divine. so i speak to what i see.

Wherever I May Roam
Closed Thread