Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 16-02-2021, 07:30 PM
asearcher

Child and spirituality

Have a child who is spiritually open, some things has been closed down by age, have waited it out.

The child's dad respect my interest in spirituality. He draws the line at some things, what he himself believes and I respect that in return. He can only believe what he has experienced personally and what he has experienced is limited compared to what I have (his own words).

He says he knows I am not a crazy person, unstable, but he is afraid it can be seen as crazy talk.

In my own childhood my dad tried to help me both close down and too use mygifts I think is in my blood, and my mom was against all of itl, they had split and if they fought over this I blamed myself. They did not have shared custody. Me and the child's dad has shared custody.

I grew up thinking something was wrong with me or that I should be ashamed or could be punished or not believed. I tried my best to deny everything, out of shame even denied it to myself.

This was so strong I took this with me in adulthood. It created a problem in my romantic life when afraid I would not be believed or be seen as crazy or be punished by my then boyfriend. It created insecurity and jealousy from him thinking I was keeping something from him, pretending to be something I am not. I remember this in flashbacks til this day. I may have ruined my past as I had trouble talking about things even if the man urged me to do just that, I was afraid of facing an even more problem if I talked. I don't want the same for my child.

Any idea(s) how we can do this in best interest of our child? The child's dad is influenced by his first family's ideas to deny all spiritualism, even if he thinks different on some things because of personal experiences he still feel this is the way to go. My mother did the same to protect me. I know this does not work.

I fear I am too personally attached that I can't look at this from another view point and would like some help.
Old 16-02-2021, 08:06 PM
Deactivated Account
I write as a parent and also as a 30 odd years Spiritualist who routinely writes on this and other spiritual subjects.

I have views on this subject but readily acknowledge they are ONLY my opinions and they have not been influenced by the words of guides and teachers. They are NOT offered as advice but simply as thoughts you may wish to consider.

Children may be psychically aware, sensitive to the presence of spirit companions. In my view it's better just to accept what they say and tell you but not to encourage them by talking too much about their experiences unless the child is struggling or frightened.

I am very much against the child using or being encouraged to use their awareness/sensitivity. Children need to grow and mature emotionally before working for spirit.

I can not, and would not dream of commenting about the different ways you and your husband see this matter. That's got to be between you and him to resolve but the interests of your child are paramount - not your own interests.

It may be a rocky road ahead but you and he are adults and your child and her wellbeing are what matter most.
Old 16-02-2021, 10:16 PM
Administrator
I was born with my gifts so to me it will be different to what others say.i was never scared of spirit.but my parents were against it. my dad more so than my mother.
my kids are are aware of spirit but only one of them understands it.I asked her guide when she was young to let her grow up before connecting to her.
they did this and even though she wanted to embrace it i would'nt let her until she knew how to open up close down etc.
My husband was also aware of spirit so he agreed with me.

I waited until my daughter was old enough to make her own choice as to whether to work with spirit or not

Namaste
Old 17-02-2021, 05:14 AM
asearcher

Thank you both very much for your replies.

What has been on my mind now lately is how do I talk to our child about protection against a low level energy if, when it visits. The child has been harmed in the past. I thought everything was done with but this one has re visit (female).

Sometimes I think when these low level energies come forward like that that it is not their true self but simply an echo, an astral body, and they can't communicate, have the same intelligence, like their real life selves can, but still they are stubborn in what they are/do.

Last edited by asearcher : 17-02-2021 at 05:59 AM.
Old 17-02-2021, 08:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Thank you both very much for your replies.

What has been on my mind now lately is how do I talk to our child about protection against a low level energy if, when it visits. The child has been harmed in the past. I thought everything was done with but this one has re visit (female).

Sometimes I think when these low level energies come forward like that that it is not their true self but simply an echo, an astral body, and they can't communicate, have the same intelligence, like their real life selves can, but still they are stubborn in what they are/do.

I apologise if this is intrusive and without giving too many personal details, how was your child harmed and what were the circumstances?

I apologise if this is intrusive but what is your own situation - are you a sensitive, can you observe her spirit visitor(s)? Do you experience anything similar?

I apologise if this is intrusive might your daughter's unwelcome visitor(s) also be attracted by your own involvement/activities?
Old 17-02-2021, 08:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I was born with my gifts so to me it will be different to what others say.i was never scared of spirit.but my parents were against it. my dad more so than my mother.
my kids are are aware of spirit but only one of them understands it.I asked her guide when she was young to let her grow up before connecting to her.
they did this and even though she wanted to embrace it i would'nt let her until she knew how to open up close down etc.
My husband was also aware of spirit so he agreed with me.

I waited until my daughter was old enough to make her own choice as to whether to work with spirit or not

Namaste

Native spirit don't you think it's the case that any child's spirit guide would wait until the child was old enough before engaging with her/him?

Beyond that I take the stance that working for the spirit by anyone is a calling and not a mandate.
Old 17-02-2021, 10:24 AM
Administrator
Yes i do agree with that, it is a calling

Namaste