Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 15-02-2021, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
[ In Buddhist predominate countries, sex before marriage is, for the most part, forbidden ]

But for ' Financial ' benefits ' Red Light Districts ' are allowed

Buddhist by name but not by nature comes to mind.....

What Buddhist predominate countries are Red Light Districts allowed?

Also, where is Red Light districts allowed in Predominate Buddhist countries for financial benefits?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-02-2021, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What Buddhist predominate countries are Red Light Districts allowed?

Also, where is Red Light districts allowed in Predominate Buddhist countries for financial benefits?

Google will help you BJ.... If you don't believe Google you could research Charities who help those trapped in such places....
Old 15-02-2021, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Google will help you BJ.... If you don't believe Google you could research Charities who help those trapped in such places....
I can not find with the aid of Google what Buddhist predominate countries allow Red Light Districts?

Now there are myths that claim Red Light districts are allowed in Buddhist dominate countries but I have never seen this. I have actually seen people arrested for prostitution and other similar crimes.

To commit a crime and get convicted in a Buddhist predominate country can be 'brutal'. I know of one person who stole a Coke can and got something initially like 1/2 year in prison.

Prostitution in Cambodia, Myanmar, China, Tibet, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Bhutan, is illegal.
Prostitution is a serious crime in Vietnam and Laos.

so, what predominate Buddhist countries allows prostitution? As far as I can see, none.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-02-2021, 02:15 PM
Master
There are places in the World that allow prostitution but predominate Buddhist countries do not seem to be on the list.

Old 15-02-2021, 02:16 PM
Master
Are you referring to illegal prostitution? That is different from allowed/legal prostitution.

Old 15-02-2021, 02:24 PM
Master

When I lived in Asia,
                                            I always saw Elephants

Old 15-02-2021, 02:46 PM
Master

An Hombre that rescued my watch from
                                 the deep end of a swimming pool
                                 would probably look like this now.

Generally you will see these chaps
                                 at some of the Buddhist Temples.

Old 15-02-2021, 06:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Are you referring to illegal prostitution? That is different from allowed/legal prostitution.

Illegal in words but laws are ambiguous and unenforced because the ' Financial Benefits ' for the Governments are more important. Turning a blind eye is profitable for the corrupted leaders who are obviously not following the Dharma.... If you research the Top countries for Sex Tourism you'll find most are so called Buddhist .... By name only.

I'll leave it at that.....
Old 15-02-2021, 07:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Illegal in words but laws are ambiguous and unenforced because the ' Financial Benefits ' for the Governments are more important. Turning a blind eye is profitable for the corrupted leaders who are obviously not following the Dharma.... If you research the Top countries for Sex Tourism you'll find most are so called Buddhist .... By name only.

I find it interesting that you see the faults of those claiming to be Buddhists. Too bad people can not see that in Christianity...... that some claiming to be Christian are only Christian in name only.

Buddhist in "name only" and Christians in "name only" both make Buddhism and Christianity look bad, but in both cases, they respectively have a lot of 'good people'.

Old 15-02-2021, 07:53 PM
Master
Quote:

I am not sure where you get your information.

At one big prison, just in one night, I do not remember how many truckloads of people I witnessed being delivered to the Prison for sex crimes. I would go to that prison to see for my self what really was 'going on' and was amazed how 'opposite' things were from the stereotypes.