Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-03-2021, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Re - Big John's question.
Here are some things of interest:
In 1604, England's King James I authorized a new translation of the Bible aimed at settling some thorny religious
differences in his kingdom—and solidifying his own power. But in seeking to prove his own supremacy, King James ended up democratizing the Bible instead.

"The NIV and ESV has also now removed 45 complete verses - found in the KJV."

Martin Luther in the 1500s removed 7 books from the Bible.

What verses have been removed from the Bible?
Some of the16 omitted verses
  • (1) Matthew 17:21.
  • (2) Matthew 18:11.
  • (3) Matthew 23:14.
  • (4) Mark 7:16.
  • (5 & 6) Mark 9:44 & 9:46.
  • (7) Mark 11:26.
  • (8) Mark 15:28.
  • (9) Luke 17:36.
http://www.anointedlinks.com/niv_omissions.html
This is why I don't have an NIV in my house.
I never knew this before I was clued in!

Most accurate translations -I have all but, NET. ;)
NASB
ESV
NET
KJV
NKJV

Another good link:
https://faithfoundedonfact.com/the-5...-translations/

Thank you, Miss Hepburn.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Kashmir Shaivism talks a lot about it. From a general overview to more direct practices.
Kashmir Shaivism - The Nine Types Of Grace Of Siva
Understand that there is no difference between Lord Siva and a realized being.
Rare is the Guru
Group Energy Practice - The Dive - A Historical Teaching
The Doctrine of Vibration - Direct Introduction

The above are just some examples of much more advanced means of helping someone.

More common energy practices would be something like a pranayama practice in Hinduism or tummo in Buddhism. Vase breathing is a pranayama/energy practice for instance. Probably the most well known is Nadi Shidoni for example.
Thank you !
Old 11-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Master

The Gospel of Thomas was never canonized.

GOSPEL OF THOMAS
  VERSE 57

(57)
Jesus said,

"The kingdom of the Father
        is like a man with good seed.

His enemy came by night
  and sowed weeds among the good seed.

The man did not allow
       the servants to pull up the weed."

He said to them,

"‘No, don’t pull up the weeds
    because you might pull up the wheat
                   along with it.’

For on the day of the harvest,
          the weed will be apparent
                 and they will be
            pulled up and burned."

NOTE: This verse is not copyrighted. This is my own translation and is free for any one to use.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-03-2021, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

The Gospel of Thomas was never canonized.

GOSPEL OF THOMAS
  VERSE 57

(57)
Jesus said,

"The kingdom of the Father
        is like a man with good seed.

His enemy came by night
  and sowed weeds among the good seed.

The man did not allow
       the servants to pull up the weed."

He said to them,

"‘No, don’t pull up the weeds
    because you might pull up the wheat
                   along with it.’

For on the day of the harvest,
          the weed will be apparent
                 and they will be
            pulled up and burned."

NOTE: This verse is not copyrighted. This is my own translation and is free for any one to use.

Verse 57 is about the nature of "mind" and the difference between Nirvana and Samsara (Hindu). The Father's kingdom is "clear mind" without attachments, issues and fears. The weed that are sowed are the attachments and aversions that create issues in our "mind". When in such a "state", it is not really possible to tell what is "real" and what is a distorted view, hence the confusion of Samsara.

But, with a clear mind (day of harvest), it is easy to notice the issues, fears and obstructions, and they will be dropped (pulled up and burned).
Old 11-03-2021, 08:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Verse 57 is about the nature of "mind" and the difference between Nirvana and Samsara (Hindu). The Father's kingdom is "clear mind" without attachments, issues and fears. The weed that are sowed are the attachments and aversions that create issues in our "mind". When in such a "state", it is not really possible to tell what is "real" and what is a distorted view, hence the confusion of Samsara.

But, with a clear mind (day of harvest), it is easy to notice the issues, fears and obstructions, and they will be dropped (pulled up and burned).

That's a clever interpretation, although probably it isn't close to what the author had in mind.

Isn't it interesting how our perceptions match what we already believe?

I would say that if the Kingdom of the Father is the mind, JC advises against blanking / clearing your mind (mindfulness, meditation, and such) which pulls both the good seeds and the bad seeds (thoughts).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
That's a clever interpretation, although probably it isn't close to what the author had in mind.

Isn't it interesting how our perceptions match what we already believe?

I would say that if the Kingdom of the Father is the mind, JC advises against blanking / clearing your mind (mindfulness, meditation, and such) which pulls both the good seeds and the bad seeds (thoughts).

If you want to follow Me, deny your own self, take up your cross and follow Me.

Who is the self? The mind.

He said 2000 years ago and this was so badly overlooked.. this is the key that unlocks the door of Heavens.

You don't have to be "spiritual", every selfless act it's a step closer to God. It feels incredibly good to help a fellow human being, right? No, it's not about feeling good, but about the power of helping one another, this power gives that incredible feeling, that incredible happiness, that incredible peace because you are moving very close to God's nature - Selfless Love.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:44 AM
Master
Quote:

As usual......
another fine comment.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-03-2021, 02:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

Interesting viewpoint.

Old 12-03-2021, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
If you want to follow Me, deny your own self, take up your cross and follow Me.

Who is the self? The mind.

He said 2000 years ago and this was so badly overlooked.. this is the key that unlocks the door of Heavens.

You don't have to be "spiritual", every selfless act it's a step closer to God. It feels incredibly good to help a fellow human being, right? No, it's not about feeling good, but about the power of helping one another, this power gives that incredible feeling, that incredible happiness, that incredible peace because you are moving very close to God's nature - Selfless Love.

Your comment is well taken.

Nice to see so making their comments.

Old 12-03-2021, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
... because you are moving very close to God's nature - Selfless Love.
Thank you for these words.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru