Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-03-2021, 10:36 AM
Guide
Praying vs. trusting

Hello forum,

I hope you are all doing well.

I have a question about praying:

Do we have to pray? I guess not because God already tries to help. No? Isn’t “trusting” a better approach?

I hope I’ve made myself clear.

Thanks!

Cheers,
green1
Old 08-03-2021, 11:55 AM
Hi, I wrote a long answer --then decided to pm it to you!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Master
An interesting question!

Prayer as in an entreaty, a request .... what is the intent? If the prayer be to be connected, to feel the presence, to merge with the light, to be vivified in the blissful elixir of rapture, to be suffused with the fragrance of love ... then the prayer is illumined, whilst if it is to address any aspiration of mind body, then deluded.

Trust ... how do we trust? Trust implies surrender of our will. Is it head centric or heart oriented? Again, what is the intent, the need which requires us, prompts us to trust? How strong is the trust? What is its basis? Is it blind faith?

Ultimately, if prayer or trust are conscious ‘decisions’, meaning that they are thoughts of lower mind, ego, then self doubt is inbuilt, limiting outcomes.

On the other hand, if we meld head and heart, aligned with conscience, on a moment to moment basis, we abide in thought rested awareness ... which is what? What else but vaporising lower mind and flowing with higher mind, the mind of the universe. Then the question of prayer or trust is superfluous because there is no one here!
Old 09-03-2021, 09:44 AM
Guide
Interesting perspective Unseeking Seeker. Thanks.

Cheers,
green1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
An interesting question!

Prayer as in an entreaty, a request .... what is the intent? If the prayer be to be connected, to feel the presence, to merge with the light, to be vivified in the blissful elixir of rapture, to be suffused with the fragrance of love ... then the prayer is illumined, whilst if it is to address any aspiration of mind body, then deluded.

Trust ... how do we trust? Trust implies surrender of our will. Is it head centric or heart oriented? Again, what is the intent, the need which requires us, prompts us to trust? How strong is the trust? What is its basis? Is it blind faith?

Ultimately, if prayer or trust are conscious ‘decisions’, meaning that they are thoughts of lower mind, ego, then self doubt is inbuilt, limiting outcomes.

On the other hand, if we meld head and heart, aligned with conscience, on a moment to moment basis, we abide in thought rested awareness ... which is what? What else but vaporising lower mind and flowing with higher mind, the mind of the universe. Then the question of prayer or trust is superfluous because there is no one here!
Old 09-03-2021, 10:52 AM
Administrator
No one has to pray it is your choice as to whether you do or not.
as for trust you need to trust your instincts .
if something feels right then it is or vice versa

Namaste
Old 09-03-2021, 11:16 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
No one has to pray it is your choice as to whether you do or not.
as for trust you need to trust your instincts .
if something feels right then it is or vice versa

Namaste

This makes sense. Thanks Native spirit.

Cheers,
green1
Old 09-03-2021, 01:25 PM
Master
I think it depends why you pray.
Abraham Hicks addressed this. There can be a notion of fear, lack, etc. in a prayer. People usually turn to praying when they're in need of something. Then you send out the message of that and you will get more lack, fear and so on.

I think prayer in essence was meant to not be like that but instead to actually open people up so they could receive. In that sense the reason of it is to bring you in alignment, a peaceful mindset and OUT of lack, fear, etc.

The problem we have is that we get caught in the asking-phase. But like Abe says, as soon as you ask it is given. The reason it doesn't come is that you keep asking, and thus not open to receiving it.

I think prayers was meant to put us in the receiving state but somehow digressed / changed into something else.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:42 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I think it depends why you pray.
Abraham Hicks addressed this. There can be a notion of fear, lack, etc. in a prayer. People usually turn to praying when they're in need of something. Then you send out the message of that and you will get more lack, fear and so on.

I think prayer in essence was meant to not be like that but instead to actually open people up so they could receive. In that sense the reason of it is to bring you in alignment, a peaceful mindset and OUT of lack, fear, etc.

The problem we have is that we get caught in the asking-phase. But like Abe says, as soon as you ask it is given. The reason it doesn't come is that you keep asking, and thus not open to receiving it.

I think prayers was meant to put us in the receiving state but somehow digressed / changed into something else.

This is interesting Fairy. Thank you.

Cheers,
green1