Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-03-2022, 04:19 PM
Master
Death and God

Do you think God also goes through the process of dying and therefore has an afterlife or He is maybe clueless?
Old 02-03-2022, 04:55 PM
Master

This seems to reduce God to the level of the average human being, which seems a pointless mental exercise.

Peace
Old 02-03-2022, 08:30 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with that

Namaste
Old 04-03-2022, 02:11 PM
Master
Just wondering, does Jesus qualify to be called God considering that he died and all that?
Old 04-03-2022, 03:46 PM
Pathfinder

I'd say that any 'God' was at some point a being that was young, and likely had to accrue experiences and knowledge in order to grow powerful and wise enough to create a world, but i do believe that no matter how powerful, no being who cared anything for morality,justice, and a lack of excessive cruelty (a supposition, not a belief or certainty) would know that absolute power is useless unless limits are placed by trusted friends who would by definition have to also be Gods in that sense and that said, I don't believe in a omnipotent omniscient omnibenevolentGod, just one (really multiple) that is/are extremely old person/people. That said,I assume they incarnate sometimes and live and die, but I don't believe the spirit/soul ever dies in anyone,certainly not those that others term Gods. But yeah that sums up how I feel about it and what I've concluded as well.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:48 PM
Pathfinder

So I'd argue that they primarily hang out in the spirit world and thusly yeah have an afterlife, just spending most of their time there.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:09 PM
Master
I believe that at the plank time of the Big Bang there was a moment where death and life were questionable- teleportation occurred and wether we died teleporting or lived- due to being able to jump—- which one came first teleportation or jumping… I believe god teleported also- and wether we teleported alive or dead was remaining to be known…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 06-03-2022, 05:48 PM
Master
Indeed we are all just speculating just like the creation story sounds thus. I believe or think that God probably goes through cycles of death and birth while incarnating and ascending. Otherwise how would he know how to judge us and have compassion.
Old 06-03-2022, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
I believe or think that God probably goes through cycles of death and birth while incarnating and ascending. Otherwise how would he know how to judge us and have compassion.
It may be true to say that Creation goes through cycles of manifestation (manvantara) and dissolution (pralaya). This process is sometimes called the outbreath and the inbreath of God.

But the above comment presumes that God judges us. Is this true? Or at the end of the day do we judge ourselves for our actions while incarnate on Earth.

And the idea of God judging us implies a separation between God and us. If God is truly omnipresent then there can be no separation, there can be nothing which is not Divine in essence.

Peace
Old 07-03-2022, 05:54 PM
Master
What do you make of The Judgement Day?