Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-04-2022, 04:31 AM
Experiencer
@lostsoul13 - Confusing isn't it? The way pain - especially fire - dances and sings. Each pain has it's own individual voice, and those voices twist us like pretzels. And yes - we can escape them. Go where they can't. And sometimes we have to.

What I find curious is that while we can easily remember emotional pain, physical pain is difficult to remember. It's only a shadow that we remember. We remember being in physical pain, but we don't experience what it felt like. That's easy to explain, but it just feels wrong to me somehow. Like it's there in my memory somewhere but I'm only seeing it's shadow. Perhaps that's why people sometimes seek pain - to remember.

@FallingLeaves - I see you've deleted your post. Sad. I think I'm finally understanding what you're talking about. Sorry I'm so slow.

People are indeed way too fond of hurting each other. I have to agree. We tend to choose that path over and over, refusing to stop. Everyone wants everyone else to stop, and believes they can't stop until everyone else does. And so it goes, on and on and on....
Old 30-04-2022, 06:16 AM
Master

justin passing - no big deal, I'm only just now kinda coming to the point where it isn't so devastingly important to get points across. I 'felt' it was best to delete my post because sometimes I over-share my thoughts and I said something I thought better of later...

as far as pain that isn't the point after all, and if someone were to think that is the end all and be all to how to deal with reality it is just another dead end in my view. Pain can be fun to play with but won't by itself give an answer to how to 'fix' one's life.

only way that could work I think is if one asks god.

Quote:
People are indeed way too fond of hurting each other. I have to agree. We tend to choose that path over and over, refusing to stop. Everyone wants everyone else to stop, and believes they can't stop until everyone else does. And so it goes, on and on and on....

it is very difficult not to do the same thing everyone else is doing. Very definition of pain...
Old 30-04-2022, 06:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

it is very difficult not to do the same thing everyone else is doing. Very definition of pain...
That’s my thought why not just be pain, or try to be like it- it seems to surpass everything including pain it’s self!!

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 01-05-2022, 10:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
That’s my thought why not just be pain, or try to be like it- it seems to surpass everything including pain it’s self!!

one of the things you discover is that the path to life isn't straight, you have to remain on your toes and try not to go on 'automatic' if you want to get beyond wherever you are. Learning to respond to what is in front of you instead of trying to plan in advance what your reactions should be to this or that? So just chasing pain just for the sake of chasing pain isn't any better than anything else you might try... just another attempt to compute your way into a better situation...
-----------------------------------------------------------
on the off chance anyone took this thread seriously, one of the more painful things I had to go through was to deal with all the feelings I had when I had to drive more slowly... I *really* didn't like that and probably wouldn't have done it if left to my own devices... even now if I drive slowly it is just a little uncomfortable... but I have to admit it is good for me.

A lot of things are like that, I didn't want anything to do with them and had no idea how good they were until I actually gave in and did them for a while... which is why I think god's chosen people would have been riding high now if they had only listened and did as they were told... now if I could only take my own advice for a change... lol...

slowing down apparently is one of the best things for meditation though...
Old 01-05-2022, 11:52 PM
Experiencer
@lostsoul13 - lol "If you can't beat them, join them" eh? Not for me. I've never been a "joiner". Don't think I even know how.

@FallingLeaves - Yeah - slowing down wasn't something I wanted to do either. I did manage to stop rushing everywhere though, and that made slowing down my driving easier. I would NOT let go of the internal speed however, but a bunch of heart attacks solved that one. Turns out to be one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I still miss it, but I think once I solve the "keeping myself warm" thing I may actually stop missing it.
Old 02-05-2022, 08:25 PM
Master

' the keeping warm' thing is difficult to overcome, at least for me. warmth generally lands me in fantasy land... which I guess isn't bad depending on who you talk to lol!

slowing down 'inside' being the definition of emotional coldness...

I found 'leaning backward' just recently in conjunction with prayer. Nice if you are standing up too I just found... have you ever tried that one?
Old 04-05-2022, 08:51 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
slowing down 'inside' being the definition of emotional coldness...
Whose definition? Certainly not mine. To me, emotional coldness is an entirely separate issue that isn't affected by my slowing down inside at all.
Quote:
I found 'leaning backward' just recently in conjunction with prayer. Nice if you are standing up too I just found... have you ever tried that one?
Can't say I have, but then, I don't tend to pray. I generally just talk to things. But leaning backwards is kind of interesting. I remember a yoga pose that was all about that.