Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-12-2021, 09:24 AM
Master
The other day, I looked at instances in my life in which I almost died.

What I noticed that in each case that I recalled, the event was special and in hindsight, I am glad to have experienced the event. This makes me look forward to, hopefully, to more similar events.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 20-02-2022, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael K.
None of us has to take any ones word for the question of is there life after death, we could also ask the question of do you believe in life after birth? You believe in life after birth because you are currently experiencing it. But have we yet experienced our own death? well the answer is yes, if you accept reincarnation, if not then if you want to really know is there life after death, and you do not want to accept the millions of reports that it is true, then perhaps you will listen to yourself! Go within yourself and meditate on the question of whether life is eternal and do we continue living after death? If you persist in this noble endeavour, then you will get an answer that you can therefore accept.

regards michael.

You speak of the "millions of reports." However, if you look at those "reports" of life after death experiences, you'll find that they are strongly based on beliefs and culture. Afterlife experiences from someone in a tribe with obscure beliefs might be VASTLY different than a Christian.

The "reports" that are reliable are scientific studies. Studies conducted under strict guidelines to prevent fraud, placebo effects, etc. Of those studies, not a single one has conclusively proven any afterlife exists.

I WANT to believe in an afterlife just as much as anyone else. But, I'm not going to believe by cherry picking the "evidence" I *want* to believe, and dismissing the rest.

I do find studies interesting, and I continue to read about them. The most promising so far was Dr. Sam Parnia and his research. But, even his did not show proof of an afterlife. So, I remain skeptic. There are MANY physical explanations for the experiences people call "afterlife experiences."
Old 08-04-2022, 07:30 AM
Experiencer
Do I know what happens to us after we die? No - I don't. But I don't think we cease to exist. In my opinion we continue.

Do I have any proof that we continue to exist after death? No. None at all that would matter to anyone but me. I have a very very early memory - possibly within days of my birth - and the "me" in that memory "knows" it came from somewhere to be here. I wasn't "created" - I came from somewhere else. And I expect I'll go somewhere else when I die because I remember coming here. That's not proof of anything, but it's enough for me.

I've also had experiences that confirm that belief. Dead people (and cats) have come to visit me. That's still not proof, but I'm happy with it. And if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times. Ultimately it doesn't matter. What does matter is I'm alive. What happens in the future? Time will tell - it always does.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:14 AM
Master

I have a number of (for me - valid) reasons to think that at least my consciousness or awareness is a permanent attribute to that which we call life. From this awareness everything there is stems. In fact I think we are all connected in a great field which could, to keep it simple, go under the name of 'universal mind'. It was by being part of this universal mind that I (and you of course) created ourselves in our mothers' wombs. (and the wombs of all kinds). All there is creates itself out of action - not blocked by karma but freed to use the reactions caused. All there is stems from this same source and in its immenseness appears in a trillion varieties. Universal mind is not god. It is the background to appearances - these appearances are formed by actions and are free in their choice of experience. Only experience can achieve evolution not only of that which we call the physical but also of that which we call awareness.

This has nothing to do with a god or any supernatural 'entity', nor has it to do with a soul or a spirit world. There is nothing looking over your shoulder to watch what you are doing, nor are you going to be put onto a pair of scales to weigh yourselves against good or bad deeds.

What you do with your life is up to you.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.