Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 21-02-2021, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Listen diligently to questions of children and as long as they keep asking "why" after an adult's explanation, keep answering more and more. They are the minds of the future. No question is a question that should remain unanswered.

I agree that children are the minds of the future. This is why, depending on the question of course, i wouldn't answer their questions. More so if i felt the question was sincere or philosophical. I'd rather encourage children to seek out the answers for themselves rather than depend on others to seek out answers for them. And if a child was exceptionally bright then i'd rather encourage them to examine their own questions deeper than get distracted with seeking an answer.

I also agree that adults should listen to children. And if anything, perhaps we should be listening to their answers more rather than provide them with our answers.

I feel most if not all philosophical and sincere questions are unanswerable anyway. And if i were to give an honest answer to a child, a lot of the times it would be "i really don't know."
Old 21-02-2021, 02:56 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Listen diligently to questions of children and as long as they keep asking "why" after an adult's explanation, keep answering more and more.

This reminded me of this funny video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-FmhSEKyTE

But yeah, when i was in school i asked my math teacher formula to calculate circumference of a circle from a given radius. I was very interested and sincere in knowing it. She refused to answer it saying it's too advance for the standard i was studying in, i still dislike that teacher.
Old 21-02-2021, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro

This reminded me of this funny video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-FmhSEKyTE

But yeah, when i was in school i asked my math teacher formula to calculate circumference of a circle from a given radius. I was very interested and sincere in knowing it. She refused to answer it saying it's too advance for the standard i was studying in, i still dislike that teacher.
kralaro - That's a funny video. Reminds me of my 3-year-old granddaughter. Everything is "why" even after I answered the best I can, more "whys" follow. It goes on and on and that's why I said what I did. Not so much from a philosophical interest from the child, but rather the how things works as they pick up knowledge from their surroundings. Thanks for sharing the video.
Old 21-02-2021, 03:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I agree that children are the minds of the future. This is why, depending on the question of course, i wouldn't answer their questions. More so if i felt the question was sincere or philosophical. I'd rather encourage children to seek out the answers for themselves rather than depend on others to seek out answers for them. And if a child was exceptionally bright then i'd rather encourage them to examine their own questions deeper than get distracted with seeking an answer.

I also agree that adults should listen to children. And if anything, perhaps we should be listening to their answers more rather than provide them with our answers.

I feel most if not all philosophical and sincere questions are unanswerable anyway. And if i were to give an honest answer to a child, a lot of the times it would be "i really don't know."
ocean breeze - I have to agree with what your saying, depending on the type of question being asked and the age of the child. For example when a toddler asks how a volcano works, I can see your point in saying in return, "How do you think a volcano works?" I do feel it's my obligation in teaching though that children should be given as much factual and complete information as possible in addition to them thinking for themselves.

But from a philosophical standpoint, I'll give another example: I once told my teenage son, who insisted he had to always be with friends, that he should practice spending time alone sometimes and observe his own inner thoughts, etc. Just came short of suggesting meditating, but I didn't. He didn't receive my suggestion well and told me the only reason I was telling him to learn to spend some time alone is because I personally don't have any friends. He's an adult now and has migrated away from most of his friends and sees the value in alone time.
Old 23-02-2021, 05:33 AM
Master
I feel Everyone should be treated as equals. As nice as that sounds it's very unpopular. The entitlement of race, wealth and religion should all be done away with.
Old 24-02-2021, 06:48 AM
Ascender
More unpopular opinions

It isn't always good to artificially extend one's family member's life. Like if a man is going to die because of old age; his family out of their attachment to him or out of an incorrect sense of being good, putting him on life support instead of just letting him die. Why extend his pain/discomfort, and why waste resources.

I get impressed when anyone is not taking care to look good, e.g. anyone not wearing clothes in accordance with what's proper as per society. (But that doesn't mean i negatively judge the people who do care about wearing socially acceptable clothing.)

I avoid wishing people "happy birthday" etc. because:
1) I don't want to waste my spiritual energy in blessing for such things. I take my wishes seriously.
2) I would rather pray to God to make that person happy instead of sharing with the person that i'm wishing for them.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:21 AM
Ascender
More unpopular opinions

I disagree with "one should try to become/stay normal".
I disagree with "consciousness is because of biology".
I disagree with "everyone should have some interest in fiction and in general art".
I disagree with "manual rickshaws are inhumane".
I disagree with "soldiers must obey (their commander) even if the order seems unethical to the soldier".
I disagree with "it's okay to lie for politely turning down someone's request".
I disagree with "everything shouldn't be done for benefit".
I disagree with "my country should spend tax money to train its top players for international sports".
I disagree with "it's important that people write in correct spellings, even if they are correctly legible otherwise".
I disagree with "one should be proud of one's parents".

I dislike sarcasm.
I dislike partying.

I think all zoos & aquariums should be banned.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
I think all zoos & aquariums should be banned.

I think animals kept in captivity have their animal instincts squelched and for the most part are sad and depressed!!!
Old 11-03-2021, 04:36 PM
Master
1. I think zoos have an important function to preserve animal species, and are a necessity until it can be guaranteed that their wild habitat can be protected.

2. I do not believe equality actually exists. Even if we try our hardest to make it possible, it only takes a bit of time before differences in genes, talent, skill and mentality makes some people more successful than others. We're simply not worker ants.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:16 AM
Ascender
BlackRaven, yeah animals kept in captivity makes me sad for them.

Altair, I don't think there's benefit in preserving animal species using zoos. I think like better let pandas go extinct than to keep them captive.