Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 13-10-2006, 08:52 AM
bluespirit

I bought a cd recently of Native American music which I have never listened to before. So good for meditating.
This one is called 'Spiritual Music' Indians relax songs.
Fantastic!
Old 13-10-2006, 04:41 PM
e-ma

I'm listening to R Kelly's 'U Saved Me', about faith and spirit

Old 13-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose
i must check out that link soon mikron :)

enlightener....i saw in a post recently that had been hidden again, that you recommended jethro tull because of the celtic influence in their later music. thankyou! i will give them a listen

i have been getting into my old teenage passion of U2 again. bono has always been on a spiritual quest so to speak and i always identified with his search. so i have been loving songs like Gloria, 2 hearts beat as one, beautiful day, city of shining lights,

acrobat from the achtung baby album has always been my favourite. especially when i was in my darkest moments. it helped draw me out and fight for myself again :)

Hooray, Rose. Another U2 fan!

True Bono has always been on a spiritual quest. That drew me to the band too. My favorit U2 songs are 'All I want is You' and 'Bad'(The Live Version), 'New Years Day' etc, the list goes on. They are excellent.

Jethro Tull are cool too.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-10-2006, 03:55 AM
rose

yay... let me shake your hand fellow U2 fan

i love new year's day as well. spooky to me now as my partner's mother died on new year's day. those lines "i want to be with you night and day, but nothing changes on new year's day...i will be with you again" make me cry for him.

i love the live version of bad. i love them all :)

enlightener - i will try and find that album :)
Old 14-10-2006, 04:17 AM
Master
Hi Rose,

Since you are a U2 fan, can I ask you what you think of their latest album; 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb'?
I have not got it yet and I was wondering if its still as good as their earlier stuff.

Cheers, Jan.

Old 14-10-2006, 04:39 AM
rose

hi honza

i've drifted from their later works. the music just hasn't grown and moved on. they are like retirement albums in a way. but some songs stand out. i think vertigo is a great song...so is city of blinding lights. the live version is better and more powerful though. bono really seems to feel the words he's singing there.

maybe i haven't given it the listen i should have. it does seem so much more of a reflective album. i guess because the music didn't grab me, i didn't really absorb the songs and their lyrics much. i will give it a better chance and listen to it more.

all that you can't leave behind was another album that didn't grab me except beautiful day and new york (whoah what a song). my favourite U2 albums are achtung baby and zooropa. i loved the concepts behind those albums. and i have rediscovered their first albums because of bono's almost naked longing to understand. and i can identify with that more now than when i was younger.

oh and i have always adored the unforgettable fire album.

some of the lyrics in their later songs are wiser and special in that way...but other songs feel forced sort of.

oops...sorry, went on a bit. what do you think of them today? what are your favourite albums?

Last edited by rose : 14-10-2006 at 04:42 AM.
Old 14-10-2006, 10:29 AM
rose

i have a new favourite song called young folks by peter, bjorn and john. not exactly spiritual music but if anyone here likes the sound of a swedish pop band who whistle a lot then i recommend downloading it

i love music that feels so great it makes you shiver. i love the fact that music nevers fails to do this to me :) well...music i love...and there's so much of it out there.

Last edited by rose : 14-10-2006 at 10:34 AM.
Old 14-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Master
Hi Rose,

The later albums seem a bit forced to me too. I remember when U2 first started; there was a half Polish chap with me at school and he was a huge fan of theirs who got me to sit up and pay some attention to them.
They were a very fresh, idealistic young band with a totally unique sound.
My favorite albums are; War, Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, and Achtung Baby. Their very early stuff and their later stuff is fine but it just does not do it for me.
I still think they have integrity as a band today, infact I think they are aging and their music is maturing rather gracefully (compared to some bands).
But younger bands and their music is more original and 'essential'.

See you, Honza.

Old 15-10-2006, 05:57 AM
rose

that's so true honza! and i do love how the band have grown as people and it does reflect in many of their lyrics too.

that's why i love pj harvey. i grew as she grew and she sings about that growth in each album. and with each album she gets better and better. same with bjork.
Old 29-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Deactivated Account
hmmmm.................................silent night is on repeat in my head????????