Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-10-2020, 04:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Heya ThatMan

Hope you are feeling OK. Perhaps you can head to one of Spirit Guide Sparrow's threads and ask your question there.

Love

JL

From the moment when I wrote this post, things became even more crazier and now I have returned to a "normal" state of being because I also stopped my sessions of meditation.
Old 22-10-2020, 04:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRose
It sounds like you are "out of body" and are having trouble getting back in and then not able to control it. I have heard of this happening to people who do astral travel. I hope someone can help you; it sounds very unsettling to me. Good luck and good wishes. Let us know the outcome, please.....

Yes, it feels like this, well, I managed to ground myself to this body simply by not meditating....
Old 22-10-2020, 04:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Excepting a medical problem, maybe you found your larger-self, you got more aware of it.

At first I was thinking that I have some medical problem but then I noticed that the more I used to meditate, the more I could not connect with my body, I stopped and life "returned to normal".
Old 22-10-2020, 04:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Yes,i think so.

Transformation has begun.

Stick with it op,your true self,is now observing your ego who created the illusion/s.

Do some exercises to ground in the present and keep on staying there.

Release emotions,be kind,forgiving,loving and compassionate with your self and be patient.

And be kind,forgiving,loving and compassionate to others.

Focus and stay in this heart space.

All process and may seem painful,but there's sight and rewards at the end of the tunnel.

Blessed be to the inner warrior spirit.: )

I am afraid to meditate more... the detachment is too strong, it takes days for me to ground my awareness to my body. It was such a scary feeling to look at my hand and could not make the connection that it is mine, I could move it freely, but I could not identify it as being "mine", now things are back to normal. What actually helped me was to focus all my attention to my breathing, this helped me fall asleep fast.
Old 22-10-2020, 04:48 PM
janielee

ThatMan

Hi

The way I was taught, one must ground themself in the body in meditation i.e. one maintains an awareness of the breath even whilst meditating

By doing so, one maintains a linkage to the physical state.

Blessings,

JL
Old 22-10-2020, 04:58 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
ThatMan

Hi

The way I was taught, one must ground themself in the body in meditation i.e. one maintains an awareness of the breath even whilst meditating

Blessings,

JL

Yup. Body on the cushion, mind in the body.

I do practice what ThatMan's describing too. Resting in awareness/choiceless awareness/do nothing meditation, however I also practice mindfulness of breathe. Usually mindfulness of breathe in the morning and resting in awareness in the evening.

Even when practicing resting in awareness I do take a few minutes up-front to do a body scan from feet to crown, thereby establishing mind in body.
Old 22-10-2020, 05:00 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I do practice what ThatMan's describing too. Resting in awareness/choiceless awareness/do nothing meditation, however I also practice mindfulness of breathe. Usually mindfulness of breathe in the morning and resting in awareness in the evening.

Even when practicing resting in awareness I do take a few minutes up-front to do a body scan from feet to crown, thereby establishing mind in body.

Yes, I believe you can do both i.e. choiceless awareness and maintain awareness of breath

This is how I was taught. This can be carried of course in to the day and is not exclusive to the cushion, so to speak.

Do you get any issues with controlling the breath, JASG?
Old 22-10-2020, 05:18 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Yes, I believe you can do both i.e. choiceless awareness and maintain awareness of breath

This is how I was taught. This can be carried of course in to the day and is not exclusive to the cushion, so to speak.

Do you get any issues with controlling the breath, JASG?

When I practice choiceless awareness I don't attend anything. Not breathe, bodily sensations, thought, nothing. I think it's exactly what ThatMan's speaking of.

In essence it's being aware of everything while attending nothing. Being aware of awareness. These links might help understand the difference. It's all about the observer, the witness. Is it a subtle and more benign version of ego or beyond. Dual vs. non-dual observation. The last link, do nothing mediation, is in essence resting in awareness/choiceless awareness/just sitting.

https://deconstructingyourself.com/n...ndfulness.html

https://deconstructingyourself.com/e...rver-trap.html

https://deconstructingyourself.com/d...editation.html
Old 22-10-2020, 10:34 PM
Master

Quote:
ThatMan

Hi

Blessings,

JL

I try this but I always find myself in that state of complete peace of mind where are no thoughts, no focus, nothing, just awareness.
Old 22-10-2020, 10:48 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I try this but I always find myself in that state of complete peace of mind where are no thoughts, no focus, nothing, just awareness.

That's pretty good. Yesterday after I meditated, I looked in the mirror and knew that I was not this body, that face looking back it me; it was empty. But my awareness was still grounded in body

When there is just awareness as you say, what do you sense - is it like a point, ThatMan?

Also you called it tinnitus, but do you think it's actually the sound that comes to the fore when there are no thoughts? I was taught to not fear that sound, ThatMan.

JL