Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 24-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Master
Hi Hallow - I only just seen this thread ive been busy battling with a virus that's giving problems to so many of us, to put it mildly - just had time to step back a little, look around and seen this thread...

I don't know if this will help - its what I use in my free talks local, or did do before this virus got in my way - not finished with you yet covid - we're coming gunning for you - strength of mind, and strong immune systems will beat you, just teaching everyone local, got a lot of stuff going on in my town with a lot of support, and its growing around many local towns the support that is in the UK, 100's and 100's of shopkeepers over many towns and two cities now - I'm coming for you bad virus, coming for you soon....... Sorry about that everyone - just having a a rant, I feel so much better now...

Anyway have a look at this see if just 'one thing' helps then its worth my time, good luck... everyone, you don't have to read all this unless sleeping is a problem...

--------
Better Sleeping / Nodding off Solutions

With all thats going on in our world at the moment, here is a bit of information on better sleep - this is more important than ever in 'our' fight against viruses and keeping our immune system 'high' - a good nights sleep......

The mind doesn't get a rest when sleeping, because of all the dreaming, it's always on the go, none stop - so we have to help make it have a rest, as in meditation.

When lying awake in the early hours, the mind likes to connect to problems and issues of the previous day or tomorrow or next week, and any problems the mind can find, it will, and dwell on them and keep you awake... So how to stop this - find the mind something to think about, and keep it busy with nice thoughts, to help you get some sleep.

I have some ideas... A year ago I was researching Mantra Meditation, do any of you know what a Mantra is? It's when in deep rest as in meditating you repeat a phrase like na ma na ma or I am that I am - repeating it over and over, to clear your mind of 'mental chatter' eg - troublesome thoughts, to give your mind a rest.

So when researching all these suggested mantra meditation phrases, I made some of my own - food related, so I started to think apple pie and custard, you just think the words over and over - then I went one step further and I thought when repeating the words over and over, I wonder if you can taste it, and you can - also chocolate cake, I can taste that as well... Just make sure you are slightly hungry, tastes better then.

You can use mind power to imagine flying around the park, or by the side of a canal or on a beach, or for instance over a golf course, or down by a river. So we just keep those options in our minds for a moment.

All this is to keep the mind busy with nice thoughts, to stop it wandering off thinking of day to day problems, which to be honest can be sorted out tomorrow, better to get good sleep.

So use your mind to imagine preparing yourself a nice big zero calorie chocolate cake, nicely finished off with chocolate all around the sides and chocolate covered all over the top - or a walnut cake or a lemon drizzel cake, and neatly sliced into 8 sections.

Then using your mind, imagine flying around your local park, eating cake, in which ever order you like - set the scene to create your play as in theater or on TV, you will have time to do this while lying awake, the goal here is to make it a short one to be continued.

And if you want to enhance the play, imagine your favorite singer or actor bringing you a slice of zero calorie cake of your choice, you can do this it's mind power at its best.

I would ease back on the food, violent films, and internet before going to bed

An important part of getting a good nights sleep is 'gratitude' - think of several things just before going to bed that you've done that please you during the day or last week.

Also just before retiring and in the morning first thing - recite in 'your mind' high energy words 'lovely gorgeous beautiful light' or something similar, several times. These are all high energy words that bring strength and relaxation to your body.

If you think someone you know will benefit reading this - just email it over

And if the chocolate cake and flying around the park doesn't work - bring out the number two plan - imagine an ice cream 'mr whippy style' - you know on a hot day and you get an ice cream with a flake in, just imagine eating it, that'll help you go to sleep.

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...

Last edited by one-light : 25-10-2020 at 05:54 AM.
Old 25-10-2020, 05:09 AM
Master
5:10am Wide Awake.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 25-10-2020, 05:24 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
5:10am Wide Awake.

The early bird catches the worm.
Old 27-10-2020, 09:26 PM
Master
it anyone's interested at all re sleeping problems, this might help...

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...134417&page=26

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 28-10-2020, 01:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
The early bird catches the worm.

Where I live.... we do not have worms.

Never seen one .... here.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-10-2020, 02:43 AM
Master
Okay it is now 2:43am and I am wide awake.

Old 28-10-2020, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Okay it is now 2:43am and I am wide awake.

Have you thought about cutting about 1 - 3 full cords of wood?
and then go out and count the sheep. When you are done counting the sheep, count them again.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-11-2020, 11:24 PM
Master
Yesterday I fell asleep at 4:30am. Today I feel it is going to be the same.

Old 02-11-2020, 12:14 AM
Ascender
without my sleep medication ~ I am unable to function as a human being ~ due to the worlds worst case of insomnia ~ it's an evil curse
Old 02-11-2020, 12:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
without my sleep medication ~ I am unable to function as a human being ~ due to the worlds worst case of insomnia ~ it's an evil curse

My sympathies to you.