Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Deactivated Account

To Be Born of The Spirit

Jesus Christ says being born again implies two things; that one is born of Water & of the Spirit. In the first Baptism (Water), one receives Light, and in the Second (Spirit), one receives Fire. We will look at what Baptism in God's Spirit is.

Making reference to Acts 2:38, God promises that in the last days, He will pour out His Spirit on all flesh; prophecying, seeing visions and dreaming dreams will be testament of that. The pouring out is symbolically represented by the Anointing Oil, and the measure of God's Spirit upon a person is popularly called the Anointing Oil/Unction.

Making reference to Luke 4:18-19, the Baptism in the Holy Ghost concerns an immersion; an Anointing/Unctioning (of God's Spirit). God pours the Spirit in particular measures in accordance with ones capacity. This Measure of Gods Spirit allows one to do what is stated in the quoted scripture; Preaching the Gospel, healing the broken hearted, setting free those in satanic captivity, revealing the hidden things that they may be made known, delivering those who are under demonic oppression and declaring the year of the Lord's Favor. The Unction grants one this enablement.

We also see in the Gospel of Mark 16:17-18, particular signs follow, that in Jesus name they will cast out demons, speak with new tongues, picking up serpents, immunity to poisons and healing the sick through the laying on of hands. These are some of the signs only. The one who has been Unctioned is given the ability to see the demons he/she is dealing with, identify the diseases they are working against, and see all sorts of subtle occurrences, and by no means do they do things ignorantly.

The Holy Spirit also communicates to the one functioning under His Unction to purvey instructions, teachings, so on and so forth, teaching that one more and more of how to be and act as a god, as one of the Elohim.

In order to access this Unctioning of the Holy Spirit, you will need to find one who has the Unction, and the signs can be seen when we look at Mark 16-17-18, and even by these outward signs can we know that such a one displaying them has the Unctioning of the Holy Ghost.

Note that one cannot receive the Spirit by themselves; They are required to join in the downstreaming of the Spirit through the original Apostolic Succesion by which this flows. It started with the first Apostles and flows down until now unbroken.
Apostle Paul, after encountering Jesus Christ in a spectacular fashion needed Ananias to lay hands on him to receive the Spirit. He did not receive the Spirit from Jesus directly, but indirectly through Ananias.

This is a little bit about the Baptism in the Holy Ghost. As you read through this, May Christ grant you this Grace that you be baptized in His Spirit as part requirement for the fulfillment to be born again.
Old 18-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Master

yes, although i do not think a person has to receive the spirit directly through another person. i think it is enough to be in a place (eg church) where worship is taking place and no-one needs to physically touch them
Old 18-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
yes, although i do not think a person has to receive the spirit directly through another person. i think it is enough to be in a place (eg church) where worship is taking place and no-one needs to physically touch them

I agree. Physical touch is one way to receive, and a group of people is another. We see this in the last verse of Psalms Chapter 133 where the Lord commands the blessing of everlasting life, which is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. I can thusly conclude that contact with the Body of Christ is sufficient to contact this.