Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-10-2019, 08:46 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
These messages sound like you are connecting with spiritual intuition, that state of direct knowledge without the need for intellectual understanding. In some esoteric systems this spiritual intuition is called the plane of Buddhi, the plane of consciousness beyond the mind.

That's what I'm thinking and I'll describe it in the terms I think I understand from the Advaita Vedanta perspective. At those times the Atman is free of mind-body consciousness and that facilitates a greater recognition of its true nature: Brahman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
You also mention mindfulness of sound. You may want to investigate meditation on the inner sounds, also called Nada Yoga or Shabd Yoga.

Thanks and I'll keep that in mind. Right now I'm working my practice back up to two 30 minute sittings a day and after that I plan to start working in some loving-kindness meditation, perhaps on the weekends when I have more available time. At some point down the road I intend to also work in some analytical meditation time.

An interesting observation about sound... The periods of ecstasy are frequently in response to music, especially "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash. I suppose that's quite fitting!
Old 18-10-2019, 08:55 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
You are smart to share with like-minded people - others wouldn't understand and only give you fear and there are some who are just plain jealous and will hurt you. Such has been my experience.

Yeah, I already made that mistake once, the day after the big one. It was with a friend who always tells me about his past paranormal experiences. He wasn't all that receptive to mine. Lesson learned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Biggest mistake is to think you have "arrived" and stop the practice. Keep it up. There is more around the corner.

Absolutely! I have no intention of slacking off this time. At this moment the shift seems irreversible, though I'm not going to say never. That's always bitten me in the past. One day at a time.
Old 19-10-2019, 12:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaSimpleGuy
Is there a way to do a single post with multi-post quotes on this forum?

Yes but you'll need to copy what you want to post and you can manually put the quote tags around it: [quote] and the ending one [/quote (with the end bracket on it)

If you want the person's name included then in the first bracket put [quote=JustaSimpleGuy] or whatever their name is
Old 25-10-2019, 03:21 AM
Master
doesnt sound weird to me.

If you put in the work, you reap what you sow.

and yeah, talking about such things with people who have never truly reaped is a fools errand.

If you want reciprocation, seek someone else who has put in the work too. If you just want someone to vend and unload on, check out a friend.
Old 25-10-2019, 09:10 AM
Suspended
This will probably sound crazy but...your experiences and stories of them do not sound crazy at all!!
Old 25-10-2019, 09:41 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
If you want reciprocation, seek someone else who has put in the work too.

I live in the boonies (Adirondack Mountains Upstate NY) and the other week I reached out to a person who is the soryo (Tendai lineage priest) of the only local Buddhist temple. He graciously agreed to have a chat with me, thinking it would be a productive conversation. It's tomorrow afternoon and I'm looking forward to it.
Old 25-10-2019, 09:57 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine111
This will probably sound crazy but...your experiences and stories of them do not sound crazy at all!!

The weekend after the Big One I ventured back to the same pond for another day of paddling and fishing. On the way home I stopped at the the place where the old man was lying in the driveway. There's a small restaurant across the street and I parked there. Someone had also pulled in and he looked like he was a local so I asked him what happened across the street the previous week.

It wasn't a heart attack but the old man had taken a bad spill, breaking a leg, arm, several ribs and badly cracked his head (minor fracture and concussion). He was recovering in the hospital. Whew, I was relieved!

The only thing I can think of is when I was packing kayak and gear into my truck and since I was in such a calm and aware state I somehow transcended the normal bounds of time and had a small glimpse of my future, not a detailed vision but an emotional sense. Since that future only involved me seeing the scene in passing and not knowing the details my emotional sense was heart attack, hence my mind thinking about CPR. Makes sense since he looked unconscious, was surrounded by people including EMTs and his shirt was wide open.
Old 25-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Suspended
Good to know that the man survived and is recovering from the consequences of the incident.
Old 27-10-2019, 09:40 AM
Deactivated Account
I must be crazy too then haha

In the past few months I've had a couple of those empathetic, intuitive notions regarding accidents. Two car accidents involving strangers and horses and one accident involving my husband at his work place.

Mines not due to making changes to my meditation practice, it's just that I made a conscious decision to anchor more of myself into my human experience.
Until recrecently, I was unable to ground these parts of myself.

Each time I drove past or picked up on these energies, I felt the need to pray and direct energy to the people involved in the accidents.
I was left kind of wondering why the accidents had been brought to my attention before I knew about them consciously.

Since these experiences, I too, like you, have very recently increased my practice to 1.5 hours a day. I am beginning to reconnect with the depths of my natural sensitivity to energy.

By the way,
I like the way that you describe things because your expression seems intuitive, direct and to the point.

I don't understand a lot of the mental, analytical style of spiritual thinking on the forums but I can really connect to the way which you describe things which is really cool.
Old 27-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Seeker

Perhaps a form of precognition...

Somehow picking up on the energy waves in the vicinity, I don't know how to express it any better than this.