Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-01-2017, 01:32 AM
Master
Oh yes, I am also drawn to The Sims and Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition.

Yeah, I get to 'play god' with any landscape I choose - I believe it is called 'terraforming' and I can 'create a Sim' and 'make it interact' and if I want to get more expansion packs, give it a pet or make it have sex and children.

Then, after the population gets too huge and there are infy 'mayoral warnings' about pollution problems and traffic chaos and not enough police and fire stations and the "Mayor" is running out of 'Simoleons' to fix it because the existing upkeep of services is already costing way too much to be sufficient and the whole population starts complaining and some even start moving out and the house falls into decay...

So, what does 'God' do? She shrugs her shoulders, goes "okay then...whatever...let's see now...I can do an earthquake, a tidal wave, a tornado, a huge fire, an outbreak of disease, an attack by a giant robot or aliens in UFO's...oh, I know, let's do it ALL and wipe the slate clean and start all over again..."

Yeah, very spiritual games. lol
Old 20-01-2017, 01:38 AM
Master
For all you retro games there are places to play them in your browser:

http://www.playretrogames.com

The Legend of Zelda: A link To The Past:

http://www.playretrogames.com/2374-t...nk-to-the-past

Can also find some on Steam. My favorite retro game is Galaga. Found it on Steam, here is a screenshot:

Old 20-01-2017, 01:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by khallianen
For all you retro games there are places to play them in your browser:

http://www.playretrogames.com

The Legend of Zelda: A link To The Past:

http://www.playretrogames.com/2374-t...nk-to-the-past

Can also find some on Steam. My favorite retro game is Galaga. Found it on Steam, here is a screenshot:

Thank you!

My fave 16-bit was Galaga too. I also like Q-Bert and Frogger - oh the memories of my old Atari and Intellivision...

You have struck a deep nerve, but of course you already knew how.

I'll give these a go...get out the HDMI's for my big screen TV...I shall be busy...
Old 20-01-2017, 11:25 AM
boshy b. good

the monopoly video life sized version shocks me into playing more, i get "sure enough" fun bumped by the video play for love it. sports and co. are my videogameplay diversion but i play them off. i like playing super mario bro and kirby the original, a best performance game that is super mario bro to me and trampoline is kirby to me and that i could play both every day too, but i gave that up for christmas, there are others, cheer

ThankYou Sharp

Last edited by boshy b. good : 20-01-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 20-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Master
Back in the 1980s I was going to spiritual school. On my way home I'd sometimes stop at the pub, get a beer and ten bucks in quarters, and play Donkey Kong. Good to have balance in one's life.
Old 20-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Guide

I wonder if violence is spiritual...
Old 20-01-2017, 09:38 PM
Suspended

This is a darn cool thread (I don't know if the younger generations still say that). I'm going to go to the retrogame site and see if they have the original Zelda.

As for Zelda, there is a reason why he becomes a Wolf in Twilight Princess. This is all based on things that went on in the Universe. My nephew owned the game and I would watch him play it, now it makes sense.
Old 21-01-2017, 01:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Lela is another game, for the Wii, that is spiritual. It was created by Deepak Choprah. First you get to form a mandala which is a spiraling design that reflects your being. Then there are seven levels representing the seven Chakras. The levels have wonderful music and fun (Leela means play of the universe in Sanskrit), relaxing levels. There are two meditation sections: one with just music and one with words. Some stores still have Leela and Game Stop may have used copies for anyone who is interested.
Old 21-01-2017, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
I wonder if violence is spiritual...
Yes, of course it is!
Old 21-01-2017, 05:03 AM
Master

some tidbits...

the 'holy grail' was last seen buried in a place called 'arcadia' by all accounts... and more recently we have had 'arcade games'.

The thing about 'arcade games' is it was common to play as long as you could then when you got killed, you had to start over and use the lessons you learned to try to get further the next time. This seems like a good metaphor for those of us who feel like we are living through the equivalent of 'groundhogs day'.