Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Obviously if you as 100 differrent people how the evaluate teh Universe/God, you will get at least 50 differrent answers. No surprise there when it comes to humans.

Spatial finite does not infer an ending in time. Universe/God is eternally existent occupied space. Simple not difficult to grasp.

If we someone told you that are our finite occupied space Universe/God is going to end, then you either will need to get more specific information from them or, on aligther funny note....run away from hem as fast as you can...

Worrying about Universe/God is waster of time and effort.

Space is infinite. Occupied space is finite. I'm not sure your clear on the differrence, just yet. Ive explained it on this forum and many others over the years in differerrent formats.

I saw a youtube the other night at work, and it has nice graphics that show a finite,occupied space Universe/God and 'nothing' outside of it.

Pretty simple to grasp but so many have such difficulty grasping this simple concept and Ive been seeing this happen for nearly 20 years now.

We only see parts of Universe/God not the whole of it and over time we continually new knowledge about it. We my someday gain all there is to know about it, however, they may be some aspects we cannot ever know,

Ex can gravityand dark energy be quantised or quantified. I doubt we will ever be able answer those two four questions. I dunno.

Hi r6,

Can agree God/Universe is eternal. It occupies with in the space of consciousness/what one is aware of and in its unfolding with in formation of life.
Also appears to occupy its own space, as far as I can tell.

The part where we may see different view points is the unoccupied space. Which to me is just empty space and that which I may not be aware of ( not occupying my thoughts) Is this what you have been pointing at in a way?

Yes, agree only see parts of it and do not know all of it. For me this makes life interesting.

Thank you
Old 07-09-2019, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
Probably ''the universe'' metaphor is used about the nature as such, our existence here, if is friendly or unfriendly. We certainly don't live in ''heavenly environment,'' I mean we can romanticize our natural environment, but in fact it contains both, a lot of beauty but also dead, misery, violence, destruction ...we can't just overlook this part of nature...even though this part of nature...was often used in the past and it's often used today, to justify or for passivity to all kind of misery, suffering, violence...in our society. For example, Buddhist mythology about existence, well in their view there gives six realms of existence; heavenly, demi-god, human, animal, ghosts, and hellish realms. We humans for them exist ''in the middle,'' in an environment where we are pulled in both directions, down and up...and in their view, we have a huge opportunity to go up into a more balanced, more peaceful,..environment, existence...or we can also go down the road. In fact, such view of existence is very common between different religions and spiritual beliefs, theosophy have a very similar view, even Christianity on the end have this ''human middle'' notion of existence, where we are between heaven and hell. Many different mythologies, for example old celtic religion or belief was ''the Middle Earth'', no this isn't from Lord of the rings, but the author from Lord of The Rings, J. R. R. Tolkien,..was very strongly inspired from Celitc mythology, who believed in middle earth,... Norse mythology is full of ''heaven and hell,'' well there is heaven call Valhalla..gnostics have a bit darker view about our existence here, in their view is our place a big mess..which we need to transcend but they also have this ''middle view'' we can go up or down...even if we go back to Plato..we have our Earthly existence painted as a place between shadow and light, well for Plato we are more in the dark and we need again to transcend into the light, but even by old Greek there gives this underworld, where we can come across Hades and he is the last guy you want to come across to, contra to Mount Olympus...we constantly come in our mythologies, regardless of the continent on the belief that we are in between...

Hi meetjazz,

Interesting what you present.

It seems there is a natural flow (so to speak) with in nature.

Perhaps how life is viewed may be affected by where one places his/her values.
What's the intent or reasons for the stories being told?
What forms the images of heaven and hell or none at all?
Looking at the stories being told and passed down, to me, gives clues to ourselves.

There is balance that can be had if willing to live with nature and each other, I believe.

Yes, it appears that way to me as well that we (in general) seem in between while here on Earth. Can go in the direction chosen and/or felt "guided" to go.

Gives another view for me to consider and look at.

Thank you.
Old 26-09-2019, 11:49 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color ..Space ( Time )( Time ) Space....

M
Quote:
oonglow--Can agree God/Universe is eternal.

Hi moonglow,
Eternal is to time, ---/\/\/\/---
as infinite is to space. --( )--

Quote:
It occupies with in the space of consciousness/what one is aware of and in its unfolding with in formation of life.

It appears you saying Universe/God exists within a human. Is that what your saying MG

Quote:
Also appears to occupy its own space, as far as I can tell.
Ok, well now I'm confused if I wasnt already. Sorry

Quote:
The part where we may see different view points is the unoccupied space. Which to me is just empty space and that which I may not be aware of ( not occupying my thoughts) Is this what you have been pointing at in a way?

Finite occupied space Universe embrace/surrounded by macro-infinite non-occupied space. Ive expressed in many ways, formats icons etc here at SF over the year{s}. Seems simple enough to me. Why so difficult for others is another issue.

Quote:
Yes, agree only see parts of it and do not know all of it. For me this makes life interesting.

No one knows it all. My Cosmic Trinity outlines it "all" with some of the primary catagories listed. As Fuller like to state and I often repeat, begin with the whole { "all" } and no parts can be left out.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 27-09-2019, 03:47 AM
Master
I go camping just about every month in the great outdoors, and I do have to respect nature, even though nature can sometimes be very unfriendly. Wild animals can be very unfriendly. Floods, hurricanes, tornado's, wildfires, blizzards, high winds, etc., can all be very unfriendly, not to mention mosquitoes, other bugs, and snakes.

Nature, as well as the outer universe, works on impulse. Human beings judge things by human standards. But similar things that are happening in the universe are also happening within us, as we are one with the universe. Human beings can be friendly or unfriendly. There are times when I find nature incredibly majestic and beautiful and at other times I have to protect myself from her.

Looking at the night sky through my telescope I am in awe of the universe. What I have noticed is that some of the most beautiful things can be some of the most dangerous things, i.e. Hawaii is very beautiful until its volcanoes start erupting. Some of the most lush green places on Earth were made that way by heavy rains. Childbirth can be very painful for many women but what is produced is a very beautiful baby, etc., etc. It is widely believed that the universe began with a "big bang;" order comes out of chaos.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:27 AM
ImthatIm

This thread reminds me of this story.

Quote:
“Grandfather, why do people fight?”

“Well” the old man replied “we all have two wolves inside us, you see. They are in our chest and these wolves are constantly fighting each other”.

The eyes of the children had grown big by now.

“In our chests too, grandfather?” asked another child. “And in your chest too?” asked a third one.

He nodded, “Yes, in my chest too. He sure had their attention now. The grandfather continued. “There is a White Wolf and a Black Wolf. The Black Wolf inside us is filled with fear, anger, envy, jealousy, greed, and arrogance. The White Wolf is filled with peace, love, hope, courage, humility, compassion, and faith. They battle constantly”.

Then he stopped. The child that asked the initial question continued. “But grandfather, which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “That’s simple… it’s the wolf we feed the most.”
Old 27-09-2019, 01:25 PM
Master
GREAT INSIGHT
I never heard this story but it resonates with a lot of truth.
Thanks for sharing.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 27-09-2019, 10:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
M

Hi moonglow,
Eternal is to time, ---/\/\/\/---
as infinite is to space. --( )--

It appears you saying Universe/God exists within a human. Is that what your saying MG

Ok, well now I'm confused if I wasnt already. Sorry

Finite occupied space Universe embrace/surrounded by macro-infinite non-occupied space. Ive expressed in many ways, formats icons etc here at SF over the year{s}. Seems simple enough to me. Why so difficult for others is another issue.

No one knows it all. My Cosmic Trinity outlines it "all" with some of the primary catagories listed. As Fuller like to state and I often repeat, begin with the whole { "all" } and no parts can be left out.

Hi r6,

What I attempting to express is that there are feelings, observations, information that enters my consciousness. I become aware of these with in myself and around me.

There are also those feelings, observations, information that I may not notice and be aware of. Example where you live. So, just because I don't know about it or unaware of it does not mean it does not exist. For me, just don't know about it.

Taking for example God or what is termed God. If taken as the Creater or what takes form, then it is with in me. The same basic elements that exist in the Universe, exist in me. Just experience as a human because that is the form I am experiencing. But there is a presence with in me that gives life and when all said and done being this person, that energy/presence/soul if you like, goes on.

The thought that God/Universe occupies it own space, was a thought that these in and of themselves and the presence of them ( in whatever way) is just there regardless whether I know what all they may be.

As far as occupied space being finite, seems more related to the physical formation and experience. The unoccupied space being infinite seems more related to the Ethreal. As I can at the moment relate.

Parts are left out in relating to the "whole" because do we know what all is with in, without, and of the whole? Can observe connection, but the more I learn, the more I realize there is to learn. So, leaves me with the question in regards to knowing the whole.

Thank you for your thoughts
Old 27-09-2019, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I go camping just about every month in the great outdoors, and I do have to respect nature, even though nature can sometimes be very unfriendly. Wild animals can be very unfriendly. Floods, hurricanes, tornado's, wildfires, blizzards, high winds, etc., can all be very unfriendly, not to mention mosquitoes, other bugs, and snakes.

Nature, as well as the outer universe, works on impulse. Human beings judge things by human standards. But similar things that are happening in the universe are also happening within us, as we are one with the universe. Human beings can be friendly or unfriendly. There are times when I find nature incredibly majestic and beautiful and at other times I have to protect myself from her.

Looking at the night sky through my telescope I am in awe of the universe. What I have noticed is that some of the most beautiful things can be some of the most dangerous things, i.e. Hawaii is very beautiful until its volcanoes start erupting. Some of the most lush green places on Earth were made that way by heavy rains. Childbirth can be very painful for many women but what is produced is a very beautiful baby, etc., etc. It is widely believed that the universe began with a "big bang;" order comes out of chaos.

Hi Starman,

Nature can be very demanding at time. The Earth does what it wil as a living form in and of itself.

Yes, some events are not very pleasant for humans and other lifeforms if in the path of such events. Floods, volcanic eruptions, tornados, and such.

While standing on hill top and looking out over the valley can see the beauty of nature. In these parts where I live Autumn is setting in and the hills star to reflect gold, red, orange, and greens of the season here. Which just has me stand in wonder.

Every season brings its beauty and the weather changes can bring its hardships.

We adapt and work through as best we can.

In the times of struggle and disaster seems to bring out the human heart to help one another.

Nature can be supportive, but feel demands respect. Respect the environment one is in and our fellow creatures.

Whether it is friendly or unfriendly, suppose is a judgement made according to what is known and experienced and how these may affect ones relationships.

Yes agree there are things that can cause harm and there are things that give beauty and healing as well. Such is life here.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
This thread reminds me of this story.

Hi ImthatIm,

I am familiar with the story of the two wolves inside.

Worth repeating and fits in nicely.

Find truth in my experiences that where focus is placed affect how life is perceived.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color ...@{ * i *}@....

Quote:
Moonglow-- If taken as the Creater or what takes form, then it is with in me.

God/Universe is not within me. I am within it.

Since I really have no idea what you "God" is exactly, I cant speak to whether it --whatever it is-- is in you. Is it a fermionic matter or bosonic force that humans have been observing for years and measure them in quanta?

Quote:
The same basic elements that exist in the Universe, exist in me.

That is what state above with fermions and bosons and their well documented and have speed and location we just cant know both at same time.

Quote:
But there is a presence with in me that gives life and when all said and done being this person, that energy/presence/soul if you like, goes on.

Fermions and bosons are well documented. If your "presence" is not well documented then I think I nor anyone else can ever really know exactly/specifically what you "presence" in you is.

Do you understand what I'm saying M G?

Quote:
The unoccupied space being infinite seems more related to the Ethreal. As I can at the moment relate.

Again there is no well documented observations of what lots of people can "etheral" and if you ask 100 people how they define you may get at least 40 differrent defintions.

The ether theory back in late 1800's and early 20th century was never observed so most scientist do not bother with that idea any more.

Quote:
So, leaves me with the question in regards to knowing the whole.
Start with the whole and no parts can be left out. That is what my Cosmic Trinity outline has laid out clearly for at least two years now.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman