Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 21-04-2021, 04:50 PM
Master

trimurti

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
They are all emanations from the Brahman, but from my perspective Lord Shiva is the highest being in the Universe. Others may see it differently.

As u said these are emanations from Brahman yet are not separate . As u see the Trimurti picture , all 3 are conjoined and one having different faces (meaning different roles /functions). These are the visualizations of artists who potray the verbal descriptions rishis/seers

In Hinduism you can have preference and liberty in choosing your deity but can not consider it having higher /superior to any other deity boosting one's ego artificially (which is also not very spiritual at all). So u can see Hindus reverring different deities depending on their nature . If u read Shankaracharya who revived Hinduism after emergence of Buddhism in India ,he advocated Panchaytan worship meaning u can keep your preferred deity in center and keep other deities on sides without disrespecting them .

However like most religions the critical elements of religion practice may be missing in its followers.

In very ancient india , there were powerful schools of thoughts / tradition / institution symbolising the thoughts and practices of such role and there were and are large community of followers following diff such school with its dominant traits and characteristics . Over a period of time it became sects / streams of Hinduism .
Old 22-04-2021, 09:56 AM
Master

I agree that there is no point in engaging "my god is better / bigger / stronger / supreme..." type of arguments, that is just really childish. It is what monotheists do actually and I find the arguments contemptible, not to mention the millions that were needlessly slaughtered in the name of one god's supposed supremacy over another. We should really grow up and stop engaging in this sort of childish nonsense.

The truth is, nobody really knows what's out there, who or what created the universe, how long it will be here for, what our role in it should be, etc...

These are all questions that require personal gnosis and will have personalised answers, unique to each individual. I would encourage everyone to just ignore dogma and follow their own heart and their own intuition in pursuit of the truth.
Old 22-04-2021, 11:36 AM
Color

Last 2 posts excellent.

Nov 1973 in a car - I won't forget, ha.:)..I was told a story - possibly from one of Isaac Asimov's books....to think of God
as a Diamond in space ..with many facets...a person from one culture
looking at a bottom right facet would be mirrored back to them, say, a man with a flute and long dark hair,
while another person approaching from the backside would see a man with a beard and robes,
another from the top left side would see from another facet 'something else'!

All from the same Diamond...
We see what we are the most comfortable with...making no difference.
(My reaction is, "Oh, what a wonderful God!")

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-04-2021, 12:06 PM
Master

multiple faces of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Last 2 posts excellent.

Nov 1973 in a car - I won't forget, ha.:)..I was told a story - possibly from one of Isaac Asimov's books....to think of God
as a Diamond in space ..with many facets...a person from one culture
looking at a bottom right facet would be mirrored back to them, say, a man with a flute and long dark hair,
while another person approaching from the backside would see a man with a beard and robes,
another from the top left side would see from another facet 'something else'!

All from the same Diamond...
(My reaction is, "Oh, what a wonderful God!")

Precisely in chapter 10 of Gita Krishna exhorts seeker to see God in everything of light/excellence/power and that can lead us to the cosmic view of God (chapter 11) . This way if one notices Hindus are not intolerant to others by nature because respecting others of light is inherently built in.
Old 22-04-2021, 09:16 PM
Master
Quote:
People are nuts for Shiva.

I am "nuts for Shiva".

.... but Krishna is fun !
Old 30-04-2021, 11:32 AM
Master
There is this one thing, which is everything, every sound, every thought, every landscape, every spot of dust on the farthest star, every time and every dimension.
For those of us with minds, we cant perceive this total oneness, so the oneness puts on a lot of masks and eventually we see one of those masks, (when it shows itself to us), and we say, wow, that`s a persona I can believe in, so we turn our focus and love on that being and we develop, and raise our consciousness, eventually we remember that we are the totality.
Vishnu is Brahma is Shiva is baba is Meera is krishna - for them, no seperation.
For us, not so easy.
I`m nuts for all of them.
Old 30-04-2021, 10:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
The truth is, nobody really knows what's out there, who or what created the universe, how long it will be here for, what our role in it should be, etc...

but you know that childish nonsense, and I suppose I'm suppose to give in and agree that your version of childish nonsense is the one and only truth... when you clearly aren't going to give anyone else that luxury because you've done the same as everyone else.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:03 PM
Ascender
Christians may find it interesting that in Hinduism neither creator of our universe - Brahma, nor king of heaven - Indra, is considered as God / Supreme-Being.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:49 PM

Indra, in Hindu mythology, the king of the gods. He is one of the main gods of the Rigveda
and is the Indo-European cousin of the German Wotan, Norse Odin, Greek Zeus, and Roman Jupiter.

Indra was a MALE? Never knew. Seems to be always on a white elephant, too.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-05-2021, 06:06 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Ramakrishna liked to tease, "Even a dog can recognize its master in different outfits"