Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 28-05-2021, 11:20 PM
Master
Fish

I have the same problem so i just
visit certain sections and read certain threads.
I have mental and physical health problems at the moment so I don't participate as much as I used to
on hear.
But i like to come and read the interesting things people are talking about and contribute by sending back posts.
in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 29-05-2021 at 04:45 AM.
Old 29-05-2021, 09:07 AM
Deactivated Account
I find being unable to view just the latest postings a bit irksome as I need then to scan the forum listings to find what's come in since my last visit but I've grown used to doing it.

There's another software glitch and that too I use a workaround to deal with.

It's not intended as criticism of this website but this is the only one of many where I've experienced these issues. Putting coding errors right, though, can be a time-consuming matter - and of course SPENDY - and it may not be that important anyway.

Few members appear to report such problems so I'm guessing it's just me and a few others who have these small difficulties.
Old 29-05-2021, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I find being unable to view just the latest postings a bit irksome as I need then to scan the forum listings to find what's come in since my last visit but I've grown used to doing it.

Few members appear to report such problems so I'm guessing it's just me and a few others who have these small difficulties.
All of a sudden one day yrs ago I could not click onto the New Posts !!

It was only when someone complained in Forum Help that I was told the 'trick' of Clicking Recent history
and clicking the 'ok' to delete 'Cache'.
What a bother at first ---now I'm glad I at least have THAT to get to the New Posts!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-05-2021, 01:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
[i]All of a sudden one day yrs ago I could not click onto the New.........have THAT to get to the New Posts!
I have tried various tips but found they're more trouble than just scanning everything.... I haven't tried cache clearing routinely the way you've suggested but I would expect it to clear cached data that I need for web browsing and other activities.

That would be a pain as SF is not my only place of interest.....
Old 29-05-2021, 01:41 PM
Quote:
I have tried various tips but found they're more trouble than just scanning everything.... I haven't tried cache clearing routinely the way you've suggested but I would expect it to clear cached data that I need for web browsing and other activities.

That would be a pain as SF is not my only place of interest.....
I would never use the only Cache thing if it disturbed any of the things you said, btw, ever, either.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-05-2021, 01:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I would never use the only Cache thing if it disturbed any of the things you said, btw, ever, either.

On a computer whose browser was dedicated mostly to a specific website it wouldn't be an issue but my computers are used in many ways and they have many stored data and passwords etc. relating to many locations.

On previous occasions I have cleared down a browser cache when corrupted data is stored there but then I've found I have to start re-loading other data that became collateral damage.

I'll stick with what's working for me just as you do for you.
Old 29-05-2021, 02:15 PM
Quote:
On previous occasions I have cleared down a browser cache when corrupted data is stored there but then I've found I have to start re-loading other data that became collateral damage.
I'll stick with what's working for me just as you do for you.
Of course, and so sorry you had to reload a bunch of stuff!

Old 29-05-2021, 04:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Of course, and so sorry you had to reload a bunch of stuff!

Oh that was way back when and had nothing specifically to do with the problems caused by the SF website software. Over time I have learned what to watch for but now I try to avoid 'fixing' things on computers if they ain't broke.
Old 29-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Thanks for all of your responses...I will give your suggestions a whirl and keep my fingers crossed. :-)

I perused the upper right-hand corner and can't find "history" anywhere. I looked around in other places as well, with no success.
Old 29-05-2021, 08:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1
Thanks for all of your responses...I will give your suggestions a whirl and keep my fingers crossed. :-)

I perused the upper right-hand corner and can't find "history" anywhere. I looked around in other places as well, with no success.

I use Firefox routinely and History can be found by clicking/tapping the icon that looks like books on a shelf. Then you'll see the word History. Tap that and click/tap 'Clear Recent History'. Other browsers will have similar features but probably with different layouts and wording. You have to take a look at each icon, button, word or whatever in your own browser to locate the right setting to clear recent history, cached data etc.