Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-09-2021, 05:49 AM
traceyacey12

Marianne Williamson's Tears to Triumph, The Spiritual Journey from Suffering to Enlig

So I'm currently reading Tears to Triumph, The Journey from Suffering to Enlightenment by Marianne Williamson and her whole premise strikes me as weird. She talks about God a lot and prayers but then also talks about Enlightenment. Isn't enlightenment a Buddhist concept? She also says that love allows us to be conduits for miracles. I went to Catholic school for most of my childhood and I never learned of miracles in that way. What do you think?
Old 22-09-2021, 06:46 AM
Master
When you read Marianne Williamson's writings, you might want to mediate on what she is saying. She has some very powerful ideas/concepts to convey that are worthwhile in listening to.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-09-2021, 07:43 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
When you read Marianne Williamson's writings...hwhile in listening to.

hey BigJohn, why do you think her writing is important?
Old 22-09-2021, 07:51 AM
Master
If you listen to her, what she says makes sense.

When she ran for President of the United States: I was impressed at what she had to say.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-09-2021, 01:00 PM
Hi, Wondering if you started with that book first or did you read ''Return To Love'', yet.
Many ideas of all sorts cross over into different religions ..or a better way to say it...
concepts, ideas, theories or truths have no religion.
I would say don't get hung up on 'a' word - enlightenment.
If she had said God realization, self-realization or union with God, maybe those would have more relatable to you, I dunno.

And, no, enlightenment, the word itself, is in many cultures and traditions, not just Buddhism.
Awakening is a word with not as many connotations to 'Eastern' ideas, maybe.
Personally, many things are not 'for me'. I would say MW's message is probably not for you, meaning no offense, really.
ACIM in general is not for most people. A Course In Miracles...the bulk of her background.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-09-2021, 02:04 PM
Master
I used to belong to a Church in which at one time, the President of the Church was deeply in to A Course In Miracles (ACIM). Hard for some people to grasp what was being said but if they stuck to it, it finally 'made sense'.

Old 22-09-2021, 05:49 PM
traceyacey12

Thanks for the replies BigJohn and Miss H :)
Old 22-09-2021, 05:56 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi...If she had said God realization, self-realization or union with God, maybe those would have more relatable to you, I dunno.

btw, what's God-realization Miss H?