Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-09-2023, 06:34 PM
Experiencer

There are things in the OT no mortal could have known to be truth. And those things weren't proved as being true until the 19th century or after. So yes the OT is real.
Old 11-09-2023, 07:42 PM
Pathfinder

[quote=Molearne,,This same open mindedness could actually be extended to the authors of the Bible IMO…….[/QUOTE]
Schools is not necessary component, I agree. Communucation may occur directly and not,depending in spiritual abilities, E.g. Matthew 13,
Jesus says he is mysteries teacher and his pupils are given to know secrets.
Abram in OT communicates witb God directly thru visions.
Balaam, prophet, says his eye is open so,he communes with spirit.
Old 12-09-2023, 02:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
There are things in the OT no mortal could have known to be truth. And those things weren't proved as being true until the 19th century or after. So yes the OT is real.

What kind of things?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-09-2023, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1

Of course the Book is real, what is written in it is a mixture of fact and fiction.... thankfully.
Old 12-09-2023, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What kind of things?
Just a few.....
Humans are related by blood.
Homo sapiens have a common Ancestor.
Heavenly bodies don't last forever.
Mountains form above the ground and below the Oceans..
Old 12-09-2023, 06:04 AM
Master

Daniel 4:33 Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled. He was driven away from people and ate grass like the ox. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird.

Is it true Nebuchadnezzar, a human being, could live eating nothing but grass? Oh and also he grew feathers instead of hair and claws? Well if one believes in miracles and that God can do anything, then bible stories like this would not seem far fetched at all. Noah's ark, the giants and angels mating etc. Then in the new testament Jesus walking on water, turning water into wine, raising one from the dead, curing blindness etc.

It probably depends on a persons views about such things if they would say parts of the bible are made up or not. But then even if someone believed in miracles, that doesn't necessary mean they believe in the bible. For example Jews don't believe Jesus was God or the messiah. Hindu's don't believe in the bible being God's word etc.

I myself believe parts are true and parts are like cultural stories, some is history and some seems exaggerated to me. But I'm not really firm in any of my opinions or beliefs. I could change my mind about anything. I don't really trust my mind or "reality" is like I think it is or how it appears. I'm as much as a bunch of atoms as the air around me.
Old 12-09-2023, 07:23 AM
Master

I would add I think conditioning is really a big thing. Cultural conditioning, family conditioning, community conditioning. Some countries or cultures are strong in Christian faith and belief. Others are Buddhist, Hindu, or Muslim. It is more of a factor of where (and when) you were born than anything else I think. I think Jesus as a cultural icon is huge in Western countries. Some counties not at all. Christian missionaries have made inroads all over the planet though, but probably not everywhere as google says 3 billion of the 8 billion on this planet have never heard of Jesus or been exposed to Christianity or Jesus in any way. They simply have no idea he exists and have never heard of him or his story or teachings.

I think what we believe is largely dependent on where and when we were born. Where we grew up and live. Science says human kind lived 198,000 years before Jesus was born. None of them knew of Jesus or the Bible as it did not exist yet. Humans have only known of Jesus for 2,022 years, for 198,000 years they did not. Judaism originated about 3320 years ago I read.
Old 12-09-2023, 11:52 AM
Master
What you said Maisy makes a lot of sense. However I would like to add that Human souls are born where they fit in and where they feel comfortable. For example a soul which affiliates with Islam is much more likely to be born in a Muslim country rather than a Christian one. I have vague memories of me (my soul) deciding where I will be born. The choice depended upon where I thought I would fit in.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-09-2023, 11:40 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What kind of things?
Like in Job-the description of how the water cycle works. The earth is a circle( sphere) And-The earth is hung on nothing.
As well 200 years prior to Cyrus taking over Babylon-Isaiah foretold those events just as they occurred. Not to mention all the teachings about the coming Messiah that came true- written hundreds of years prior to his arrival.
Old 13-09-2023, 11:43 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Of course the Book is real, what is written in it is a mixture of fact and fiction.... thankfully.
There is no fiction in the OT. God inspired the words from facts. Like Noahs flood = fact.