Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 25-09-2013, 08:13 PM
jondav

Mars "curiosity"

The latest findings from this probe has somewhat dampened the scientists hope, that it would provide proof that life, at one time, existed on mars, they did,nt find Methane gas, why is this important, well as I understand it, this gas has to be present for there to be any possibility of carbon based life forms. the knock on effect of this, of course, is that it raises the spectre once again, of the uniqueness of life, here on planet Earth. The universe teeming with life hypothesis has suffered a bit of a setback.
Old 25-09-2013, 09:07 PM
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondav
The universe teeming with life hypothesis has suffered a bit of a setback.

I would question that statement. The universe is incredibly vast.

The Galaxy is incredibly vast.

The setback might be more appropriately placed in reducing funding for off planet exploration and channel the funds into more meaningful and practical needs here on Earth.

:)
Old 26-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by William

The setback might be more appropriately placed in reducing funding for off planet exploration and channel the funds into more meaningful and practical needs here on Earth.

:)
If mankind is to survive long term then we must leave Earth. Therefore there is no more serious research than space exploration.
Old 26-09-2013, 05:06 PM
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
If mankind is to survive long term then we must leave Earth. Therefore there is no more serious research than space exploration.

Given any unavoidable disaster, there is a long time to go before that needs to be addressed.
I would say that if Humankind does not learn how to invest in more Earth related serious research the chances of success in interstellar space is reduced.

All of course on the assumption that biological life form can actually survive the rigors of space travel.
Old 27-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Given any unavoidable disaster, there is a long time to go before that needs to be addressed.
Given mankind's greed and our reckless ravaging of earth's resources I would say that manmade disaster is approaching fast. The sooner we can get off this planet the better.
Quote:
All of course on the assumption that biological life form can actually survive the rigors of space travel.
Without research into space exploration we will never find out.
Old 27-09-2013, 09:50 PM
William

Evacuate Earth

^ This video has some interesting concepts in it, worth watching and related to your particular expression.
Old 27-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Ecthalion

Looks interesting, but goes on a while!

I do believe that if we are to survive long term as a species we will have to spread out to other planets and star systems. Not tomorrow, but over the next few hundred years.

Interestingly, although methane (and therefore life) has not been found on Mars, water has. It's bound up in the soil and could be released for use by colonists.
Old 28-09-2013, 02:32 AM
Master

I thought they found a mars rock hear on earth that had some kind of dead microbes in it . On methane , most of mars atmosphere has gone to space over time . Maby life started on mars years ago , some thing happned , natural of man made . They came hear , we are the martians .
Old 28-09-2013, 06:39 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
I thought they found a mars rock hear on earth that had some kind of dead microbes in it . On methane , most of mars atmosphere has gone to space over time . Maby life started on mars years ago , some thing happned , natural of man made . They came hear , we are the martians .
Or maybe not. No evidence whatsoever to support it.
Old 29-09-2013, 07:52 PM
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion

I do believe that if we are to survive long term as a species we will have to spread out to other planets and star systems. Not tomorrow, but over the next few hundred years.

Yes it stands to reason, although again, the biological form is not exactly the best instrument for interstellar travel etc.

There is no certainty humans will ever be able to survive that hostile environment.

There certainty is that the human form is well adapted to Earth. The intelligent thing therefore would be to invest in what we know works rather than in the romance of space travel.