Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 19-11-2022, 10:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
No football will be watched in my house that's a definite I hate Football don't see the point in it Grown little boys kicking a ball around a field that is not skill.
being paid Extortionate amount of money to do it,
If my sons want to watch it they can either watch it on their phones or go somewhere else
Oh Native you do dissapoint ... And to think I was in your side as we have to play you !!!!!! Hmmmmm.... Better send the Wales flag back I suppose ..
Those poor lads of yours ...
Tell them they can come over to Auntie Angels and leave their poor mamma in peace !
LOL..
Old 19-11-2022, 10:40 AM
Master

I realise not everyone likes football.
Growing up in a house full of men I did not have much choice .
Me personally I cannot STAND rugby and would rather stick knitting needles through my eyeballs . I also cannot stand cricket or golf !!! We are all different...
As a result of my children's love of football I came to not only have to put up with it, but like and even be passionate about it.
And I've had "privileged " moments with my youngest son training with Leeds United...
His female classmate becoming a football player for many top flight England teams including caps for England, and now plays for a team in America...
Plus ( and I know I joked with Honza) , but in real life I DO know one of the TV football pundits that is hosting the world cup in Quatar , for real.
Their little brother was in the same class at school growing up as my eldest son. And I'm not going to say which one it is , but what I CAN say is that they are such a very very lovely family.
Old 19-11-2022, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
No football will be watched in my house that's a definite I hate Football don't see the point in it Grown little boys kicking a ball around a field that is not skill.
being paid Extortionate amount of money to do it,
If my sons want to watch it they can either watch it on their phones or go somewhere else

HaHaHa....that's the spirit!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-11-2022, 03:13 PM
Guide

As far as football goes, I'm with Native spirit.
Old 20-11-2022, 03:32 AM
Master

OH NO...!!!!
Not more "Bah humbugs " .... LOL....
Surely there can't just be me and Altair out of the whole world !!
Come on folks... Who else is flying the flag for their country ??
Old 20-11-2022, 11:07 AM
Master

So... "here we go !"...
And ahead of the opening ceremony and proceedings, a few personal "memoirs"....

Although firstly I've got to say it's a first getting ready for Christmas AND the world cup at the same time ... Very bizarre , but never mind, I will cope !
I expect it's the same in Australia . They will be used to viewing it in winter and not summer !.

Ahhhhhhh but so many wonderful memories attached to it.
Far too many to mention but just a few to kick off with ( pardon the pun)....

And I wouldn't be right in the head if I didn't mention the England win in '66 ....YES I KNOW I SHOULDNT KEEP GOING ON ABOUT IT .... But I was alive to witness it, so it counts !!!!

But other memorable moments.
Hmmmm Oh yes... Ruud Gullit for Netherlands.
Not only was he a brilliant footballer but I totally fell in love with him....( Oh such dreamy days...........)
Then of course i need to focus ( who wouldn't) on our " thorn in the side team"...Germany . I mean come on ! We lose to them EVERY time on penalties !!!!!
But having said that , so much respect to what were a fantastic and unstoppable team back in the day with Jürgen Klinsmann and co.
And then , who could forget Roger Miller of Cameroon with his memorable goal celebrations ( not to mention his age )
A moment in time that should forever be remembered.

But I cannot finish this post without a big shout out to probably the most iconic of footballers ..
Pele.
What he achieved with Brazil is second to none. He is like GOD I'm the footballing world , and yes... I WAS privelleged to see him play live .....
( He was actually named after an artist )
Old 20-11-2022, 11:54 AM
Master
You saw him play live or on television?
Old 20-11-2022, 11:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
You saw him play live or on television?
Yes ....I saw him play LIVE .....
On Tele !!!
Same difference ...
I was alive, and I saw it ...
That's all that matters !!!
Old 20-11-2022, 12:03 PM
Master
So what was your first world cup?

Mine was 1998. We lost in the semi against Brazil and I remember I cried after we missed two penalties at the end. Then we went on a holiday the next weekend and we watched the final at a camping. Zidane and France beat Brazil and Ronaldo (Brazilian one) played the game but he had a seizure just hours before the final.
Old 20-11-2022, 12:05 PM
Master

Oh but back to Brazil...
They are amazing ...
And in case anyone does not know , they "train" their players differently to rest of the nation's.
They use a ball only half the size and it weighs heavier .
I know this too because my youngest trained with the Brazilian squad football groups over here ...