Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 19-11-2022, 02:43 AM
asearcher

I agree with the ones above. I want to add that I have experienced that keeping a child close to you make them feel more safe and sleep more through the night. I think it is something made up in the western world to separate children from their parents, grown ups, separate rooms etc, that goes against nature and other cultures. If afraid of the dark also keep a light on. I have heard a lot of complaining on children's behavior when I think what is wrong with the picture ain't the children's, it's the adults in the west that has been trained the wrong way to think about it.

one could for instance also do it this way, a child having it's own bedroom but an extra bed or so in the master bedroom. that way could come in when, if awoken. has worked well for us. just the knowing parents are close by, same room, is soothing, enough then.

my child has always been doing this specific sigh when coming close to me, as if now all is alright with the world, and then sleep heavily. Has only been restless or so when about to get sick or is sick.

something else i think we in the west has come up with that i do not believe in is to leave a crying baby, child alone in a room in its own crib and not go to it while it is crying because we are to teach it to not be afraid. i think who ever came up with that rule and its followers should be in jail, that right there is child abuse. that is denying the emotional needs of your baby, child.

I don't think we need all the stuff they try to sell on us as a must have. I have always said for instance no to baby monitors. don't want no machine to take my our role. I think we are taught that we need all these devices, but they sure were not around before. it is not the needs of the child, nor should then be of the mother, father. that is my opinion. I am sure I am offending someone. They too got machines to give away a fake heart beat to fool the baby to think it is a real one. I care nothing for such things. What a child needs is the real deal, a real heart. It is such an industry and people buy into it. I understand the insecurity before in thinking you must have this or you must have that, been there myself before I took a step back and thought about it. I think everyone wants to do right and I think this insecurity is used in the wrong way. We already have everything we need.

We are doing something wrong in the west, that is for sure. When the baby, child was little too I would have my baby, child close to me, as seen the mothers in Africa do, worked out fine :)

Alrightie, now I am gonna stop preaching, LOL.

Again agree with the above, hope they get this figured out (medically) what it could be.

Last edited by asearcher : 19-11-2022 at 06:08 PM.
Old 19-11-2022, 09:32 AM
Master

Hi asearcher.......
And as usual I see you have nothing to say for yourself LOL...
But don't worry cherub. I'm on your side, I too cannot say what needs to be said in a single sentence !!!!
Thank you very much for your input...
I'm old school ... In my day there were no baby monitors, mother's used ones senses ( in other words they never slept ) to detect through audio impulses when the infant needed attention. Further to that , it was in the "age " where babies slept in drawers and we wrote with a feather !!!

I will update with any diagnosis ASAP.
Old 19-11-2022, 06:31 PM
asearcher

Well you know, I try my best ,LOL.

See you got a bit of irony there, Eh...?

I think it is those tonsills as well, there will then be a referral to have an operation by a certain age, I'm thinking, or to wait or ignore. A case I know they were told to ignore but then later on had to do an operation.

one can put books etc under the bed where the upper body is, did that when children had cold, made it more easy for them breathing, not coughing so much. I do not know if it will help if it is the tonsills though, the snoring but thinking it can't hurt trying?

Over and out ;)

Last edited by asearcher : 19-11-2022 at 08:47 PM.
Old 20-11-2022, 04:33 AM
Master

asearcher...
LOL... So funny. You make me smile .

There have been so many good ideas and suggestions with regard to this issue, and I am grateful for all the input .
I think the worst case scenario is that they cannot determine the exact cause after the hospital stay ( tommorow)...
But fingers crossed that won't be the case.

I cannot believe that I never thought to tell her mum to elevate the top of mattress slightly as I did that all the time with mine when they were congested !!

(I swear though , I have never heard a noise like it , not even from an adult. It was very alarming to hear )
I will update as soon as I know anything ..
Old 20-11-2022, 04:50 AM
Master
My sister, when she was about 3 years old did not sleep much. She would also wet her bed and when she became 5, she developed the bad habit of urinating in the front yard. My parents had a really difficult time with her. I suspect the cause of my sister's problem was the death of our father when she was 1 years old.

When I was 8, I had terrible sleep problems. I had vivid dreams that were in some cases, scary. I would roll out of my bed and would sleep under my bed. The problems got worse and I would roll under my step brother's bed and end up sleeping in a walk-in closet we had.

As for my sister, our parents knew about it and helped her. As for me, nobody found out. In my case, what caused the problem was when I was trying to sleep under a tree one day. The bugs kept me awake. Finally I gave in and when I was about to get up, I found a large black snake coiled up, sleeping in my lap. I was terrified. It took me a long time to get over my fear of snakes.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 20-11-2022, 05:09 AM
Master

Hi John. Terribly sad that you and your sister lost your Dad at such a young age. It sounds to me as though losing him affected you quite badly too.

Bed wetting is very common in children. I wet the bed until I was about 7 or 8. Even now I can remember the humiliation especially if we had gone to stay with relatives overnight .
Old 26-11-2022, 06:31 AM
Master

I've not been on the forum as I've not been well myself .
But the doctors are saying they think it's her adenoids causing the problem which is causing the sleep apnea ( hope I've got this right).. and they are going to monitor her for a while to see whether she grows out of it.
Thank you all for your very helpful suggestions and advice.
Very very much appreciated.