Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 18-10-2022, 08:49 PM
Master

Creating a double for astral projection

For years I've been trying to have an OBE from a meditative state but to no success, for I was trying to do it while keeping my mind awake and letting the body fall asleep. It worked, except that I kept losing consciousness and even if I made it outside the physical body, everything was very confusing. For several months I've been playing with my own sense of location and time, without even knowing that this is how it actually works, you have to create a double of yourself, to bilocate and this is all mental, you do it with the Mind. Thanks to @sky I actually put things together, and while googling and looking around I came to a Buddhist man, his story goes like this, when he was 15-16 he used to spin his bed, mentally, while lying in his bed, which after months of practice got him outside his physical body in an incredible experience. It may take months, weeks or even days, you may have it easier or harder.

For months I've been playing with my own sense of time and location, as an what if experiment. While lying in my bed, on my back, legs and arms stretched, I would change my location in my room, I would locate myself on the walls, on the ceiling, looking down at the bed, even in the corners. Now it's much easier and it feels like I am actually there, if I locate myself on the ceiling I am actually there and my body instinctively is reacting as if I am about to fall down. At times I would just float around or totally change my orientation to 180 degrees, so if my head was pointing to West, then I would change my orientation to East. More, I can change the time period, I can go back 20 years in my past and completely change my environment, my bed and everything. I can go everywhere, there's no limit. At times I mentally project myself in space looking down at the Earth and the image is beyond words.... this huge endless royal blue... Lately I've been trying to also spin my bed and it works and this seems to actually hold my out of body experiences for longer and make it happen faster, yes, I am able to float outside my body, only for seconds. I keep doing these mental exercises and for few moments I find myself floating in darkness and then back to the body. Spinning seems to work much faster for it feels like you are totally focused to make it happen, while being on the ceiling only requires little effort.

Through these exercises you are creating a double of yourself, a mind made body. No need for deep meditation, breathing techniques or inner realizations, just this simple exercise. I close my eyes and I am already able to change my location and time period. I already have some practice. I had no idea this is a real thing, it was an what if situation, an experiment, I do a lot of experiments. And then I read about this thing, mind made body and found that video which told me that I am not the only on with this idea.

You may try this approach, which is the only that ever worked for real, no more dealing with the body going numb and things like that, naturally the body falls asleep while you are projecting, on its own. I know for in those seconds, floating in darkness, my body was just fine, breathing on its own and numbness was not there.

Have fun!
Old 18-10-2022, 09:21 PM
Experiencer
Awesome post, I can confirm this double technique. However, this is not my prefer method. I notice this OBE technique is very good for projecting and staying in the Physical Realm. You can reach the Astral, but it requires a few more steps afterwards.

Awesome as always ThatMan!
Old 19-10-2022, 08:36 AM
Master

@AstralTraveller Thank you! You already knew about this, I recently put things together. Need to explore more so that I can offer more information about this, I am getting better by day. What is really interesting is that I close my eyes and right away I can do this, and no more loss of consciousness and numbness.
Old 19-10-2022, 01:26 PM
Experiencer
@ThatMan Yeah, I'm very familiar with this technique, it's more visualization than anything else. However just not my preferred method. I will use this when I just want to stay on the Physical Realm.

That is very interesting you can do this right away. Not many people can just get straight to the moment. I'm not sure what you mean of loss of consciousness and the numbness?
Old 19-10-2022, 01:59 PM
Master

@AstralTraveller I find it quite interesting, even more that I am very good at playing my sense of location and time. I had a bunch of experiences last night. Out of body experiences and also some other cool experiences, like my body being stretched to infinite or the blackness we see when our eyes are closed becoming super tangible and vast, like the night sky.

Well, one of my experiments, which I did for a very long time, was to stay awake until the body goes to sleep but this never really worked, I would lose consciousness, basically fall asleep while getting close and closer to the edge of deep sleep. There's also the numbness that I used to experience when waking up right away after I fell asleep, the body went to sleep but I woke up and paralysis was still there.

You're right about the physical, this is where I found myself in my latest out of body experiences, I mostly flew around my area.
Old 23-10-2022, 02:40 AM
Guide
Thats a good technique, I use falling sensation sometimes as well as spinning in the past but had forgotten about it, good reminder!

Quote:
Well, one of my experiments, which I did for a very long time, was to stay awake until the body goes to sleep but this never really worked, I would lose consciousness, basically fall asleep while getting close and closer to the edge of deep sleep. There's also the numbness that I used to experience when waking up right away after I fell asleep, the body went to sleep but I woke up and paralysis was still there.

For staying awake while the body sleeps it helps us to have anchors for awareness. I know if we just lay down and try to stay awake with nothing to really focus on then it's hard. Some good internal anchors are the heartbeat or that high pitched whirring noise in the back of your head. Bob Monroe talked about it and it's good cause after the senses turn off it still seems to be there but somewhat "cavernous" sounding.

The point is we have 4 states of consciousness across different brainwave frequencies so any technique that a person finds adaptable to themselves with the most success can be used. I wonder if you use your spinning technique during sleep paralysis or a deeper state of consciousness this would work for allot of people.

Have you tried the wake-back-to-sleep method? Just wake up from it all and move around then go back into it. I love experimenting also, I will try it too!
Old 23-10-2022, 08:06 PM
Master

@Apakhana Akshobhya Glad I can be of any help!

That is right, having an anchor, helps a lot. I see that many people also hear that sound in the back of the head, I heard it all my life and keep hearing it. In deep meditation I can hear something that resembles the OM sound.

I did an experiment without even thinking about doing it, I could not sleep at all, so I stayed in my bed and suddenly felt an warm feeling, I knew that I am about to fall sleep, so I knew that I can leave the physical body, and instantly I flew. Which actually proves to me, that an OBE has to be smooth, you can't force it, it just happens, like a river flowing so the process of astral projection must flow, it can't be forced, staying awake it's never going to actually work for the state of consciousness must change from waking to an alternate state of consciousness.

Yes, I tried that, one thing that I try and advice you to try, meditate deeply before sleep, now suddenly wake up, open your eyes, you may feel quite sleepy and tired, this is a very good moment to have an OBE, the body is sleepy, go back to your meditation but this time give in to that warm feeling of nice and peaceful sleep, let it take over but do not lose awareness. At this moment you can leave the physical body, it will happen naturally.

Spinning seem to be the key to speed up the process.
Old 24-10-2022, 09:20 AM
Master

My latest update, I pushed myself even further, when I was floating out of my body I entered these dream like scenarios and could not move from this. It happened around 10 times, dream scenario, back to waking state, again in dream scenario, back to waking state and so on. I do not even know if these were really dreams, they felt like memories, not from this life. In every dream scenario I was someone else with a completely different life situation.
Old 24-10-2022, 02:54 PM
Experiencer
@ThatMan Awesome!!! Are they like past lives??? Are they trying to help you overcome a lesson that the Ego's of the past has failed; to break off the chains that bind you to reincarnation?
Old 24-10-2022, 04:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralTraveller
@ThatMan Awesome!!! Are they like past lives??? Are they trying to help you overcome a lesson that the Ego's of the past has failed; to break off the chains that bind you to reincarnation?

You are right, I knew I am there to learn, to see what I missed, to finally learn and move on, it was hard to "control" this for I was being pulled with no warning, there and back there, another "there" and then back again here and so on and so forth. I just wanted to sleep because it was too much but I could not because it did not stop, I just don't remember how I fell asleep.

Everything looked as if made of golden light, I knew that everything was made of light.

I have to go even further to see what is to discover, there are also messages but I can
't remember them, I recall them on the moment and then can't remember them.