Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-09-2022, 04:16 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
?? Enters=comes to life ? Departs is the opposite of enters ? How does it follow that departure suddenly equals life ?

By the same rationale, I suppose, that after Chrysalis, "pupae becomes butterfly".

Emphasizing "transformation (of energy)" - only in flesh to soul/spirit scenario, the quantum field of "human being matter" becomes "spirit being matter"; a.k.a.: "astral"; "etheric"; "cosmic"; "pure consciousness"...

take your pick of terminology because it really doesn't matter to some extent what term you use. There's nothing empirical that will validate it no matter what logic or language we want to use.

Some argument can be made that even as with physical "death", physical sentience terminology also dies... vis-à-vis : audio from spirit is generally emanated through symbolic, mental stimulation and not often with sound waves traveling through physical air.
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 26-09-2022, 04:21 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The problem for Christians ... The tripartite view concludes that it is only the spirit that is immortal. Personally I ascribe to trichotomy…3 parts. Naturally I believe my argument is persuasive…..:). But I see no reason to present it to unresponsive ears. Generally people are wed to their convictions. The significant point is that either persuasion has the same end result…..namely an acceptance of immortality.

My ears are perked up. I'd be interested in hearing what your "trichotomy" view is. I'm always looking for bridges between concepts.
Old 26-09-2022, 06:38 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey
My ears are perked up. I'd be interested in hearing what your "trichotomy" view is. I'm always looking for bridges between concepts.

Lord_Viskey,

Your request comes with a caveat: For anyone that dismisses the Bible this can be rejected out of hand. For those willing to consider Google this: body, soul and spirit jba. That site makes a biblical case for my understanding.

Without rereading it, I give a couple of observations.

Isaiah 53:12…in part….”he(Jesus) hath poured out his soul unto death…”KJV”. Now if the soul of Jesus died why would believe ours to be immortal ? And what does being born again mean ? Are we to born of the soul or the spirit ? I believe that the Spirit, coming from God, is incorruptible . The soul coming from man(God is only Spirit) is corruptible. The Bible urges people to purify the soul. I cannot believe that anything that is corruptible can be immortal.

Hopefully these will provide some things for your consideration…….
Old 27-09-2022, 06:27 AM
Knower
Hi Molearner.

Personally, I believe things have evolved considerably within this reality since the writings of those "Biblical" works... mostly for reasons of being born into time (itself) as a means to re-coordinate our associations to Divinity, and in so doing, gravitate back to our source via experiences "as experimental method to comprehend complex dynamics of social sentience" (among other objectives), as the fullness we are allowed to become, within the infinitudes - which were so designed by that which is the wholeness of it all.

Although the Journal Of Biblical Accuracy explains the innuendos between soul, spirit and body in religious contexts, it remains as only one of a multitude of religious contexts that exist. I am at odds to believe that everything else beyond Chritianity must be wrong. It's easier for me to concieve that all religious concepts are wrong to lesser or greater degree - (but are unlikely to be totally wrong or right in the end). Modern biology would be in agreement to only a limited degree, that as humans have blood, that fact, can perhaps, be stretched to lending the body an abstract basis for having a soul - but only in as far as any Biblical comparison about it can be made.

I would rather take the connection even deeper - to the point of how amazingly enzymes, atoms and molecules behave as if with an internal consciousness all on their own, to interact with each other the way they do within any given organism housing them - (for instance as they do within our blood). To me, it is that basically autonomous intelligence itself, that connects me and my soul to that particular Divinity (which inescapably, must also be the source of all other things in reality as well). I believe that we are created as "assignments" within the worlds of existence at large.

Somewheres along this line of evolution, I have drifted away from the concept that blood is the soul. I am more inclined to see my soul as being a component in the "sinew" of consciousness that, in part and parcel, is intelligent design. I see soul as being intelligently designed to carry on where mere flesh and mortal bones cannot.

Where it can be said ( ... where I can say it anyway ...) consciousness is connected via soul, I also believe spirit to be the integrated inspiration (in the constitution of soul consciousness) that assists in our evolutionary "travels" - so in this sense, as I had mentioned in an earlier post, we have existed as a trinity being of our creator's making, all along... which is why your use of the word "trichotomy" caught my attention in the first place.

As far as Isaiah 53:12 (KJV) goes : "Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death : and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

... The way I see it can also be interpretted to mean that part of him goes with greatness and the part that is spoil or strength is seperated from that - two components, where one component might have died and the other might not have died. Right or wrong, there is still a dualistic approach to observing the context of this passage...
Old 27-09-2022, 10:09 AM
Administrator
Your soul never dies when you die your soul goes on into the spirit world where it keeps evolving

Namaste
Old 27-09-2022, 11:18 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Your soul never dies when you die your soul goes on
into the spirit world where it keeps evolving
Short and sweet...yup.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-09-2022, 02:57 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Viskey

Where it can be said ( ... where I can say it anyway ...) consciousness is connected via soul, I also believe spirit to be the integrated inspiration (in the constitution of soul consciousness) that assists in our evolutionary "travels" - so in this sense, as I had mentioned in an earlier post, we have existed as a trinity being of our creator's making, all along... which is why your use of the word "trichotomy" caught my attention in the first place.

:

Lord_Visky,

I appreciate your consideration of what I offered. I have no trouble with the concepts of other philosophies……I am sure they have legimate faith in their understandings. What confuses me is the seeming inconsistencies that I perceive in confessing Christians. Christians have a tripartite view of God accepting the Trinity…..yet, for many, they can only accept a bipartite view of man. When they insist that soul and spirit are synonymous they are left without separate definition for either term(they each define each other). To be consistent IMO they should eliminate one or the other.

Now in my viewpoint man has always remained tripartite…..albeit in a different form. When the Spirit was taken away(re the JBA) I would suggest that the ego replaced the Spirit……thus man remained tripartite in form. The ego then became the driving inner force for man……and no longer the Spirit. For Christians John 7:38-39 outlines when the Spirit was again made available to man. Given but necessary to be accepted(ye must be born again). Obviously many do not accept the Spirit. The soul serves as a receptacle for everything(good, bad, truth, untruth, emotions feelings,etc). This is where the battle is fought…ammunition for both sides. Because the ego has remained since Eden(our separation from God) it is a battle between the ego and the Spirit.

John 1:1-5……verse 5…..”The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” In other words, it is a continuing battle.
Old 27-09-2022, 03:07 PM
Molearner

Symbolically the ego was born when Adam and Eve discovered that they were naked…..their moment of self perception….their step into duality.
Old 27-09-2022, 04:54 PM
Molearner

Just thinking about it I can accept the immortality (in a sense) IF it chooses to remain earthbound…..ie….if it chooses reincarnation….this affords the opportunity to keep trying on your own sans Spirit to reach the impossible dream….:)

Theoretically purgatory represents a different option….to bypass reincarnation by undergoing purification of the soul. I view the soul as corruptible, and in that state, incapable of residing with God. I understand the soul as life.

Matthew 10:39…..”Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.” For my understanding of this particular verse ‘life’ has 2 meanings. The life you are called to lose is the life of duality. The life you are called to find is the life of non-duality.
Old 27-09-2022, 07:33 PM
Knower
molearner,
all of which you spoke is reasonable to believe in and sounds quite inspirational. that, in my opinion is the “magic” of Christianity … it is “charismatic” and inspiring.

it is also sensible to imply that “ego may have replaced spirit” at the time of the falling.

however, i have faith in the probability that just as we are “many in numbers” and therefore, “in minds” as well, there cannot be “but one path - and one path alone” - to salvation.

further, i see no reason not to assume that a hybrid can be maintained - being composed of both self & spirit - that being indicated when we are inspired, do inspired things, or have inspired thoughts.

the same sort of “hybridization” can occur between soul & spirit - that being indicated by living in a divine conscious state (as if within our eternal home),

and another hybridization between soul & self - as when we recognize that we are a collective (organism) in and of our own making (within Creator’s “allowable” parameters of course).

to me, these are merely levels of awareness within “certain bodies” that which we are made manifest as (in various forms of expression), in full comprehension that the physical one is always going to be the temporary one.

i view a type of “triple” dynamic energy between the “three of me” which animates me through variations of intellect, comprehension, volition & affection, (depending on the circumstances & influences encountered at any given time).

to me, it is not always about “the fight” between ego & spirit - but more about the “integration” & “adaptability” between neither of which, that will be “vacating the premises” any time soon.