Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-07-2022, 07:01 PM
Master
Holy smoke the church is burning.

I want to look at the state of the church. From opinions to facts, the church sure is interesting.
Old 26-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Master
The church is a place of worship. It is a historical religious institution. It's an instrument of God. It can be worldly or spiritual. It can benefit or hurt. It can shine or be dull. The church is ambi dexterous. Multi cultured, and multiracial.
Old 27-07-2022, 02:34 AM
Master
A church has teachings, largely carried out by pastors. So the beliefs and doctrines come from it's leaders. It can have deacons, Sunday school, choirs , youth department, mother's board, ladies and men's departments
Old 27-07-2022, 02:46 AM
Master
Much of the knowledge production of believers has come from churches, so they have had an important role. Both true and false knowledge has been produced through this biblical medium. Yes it is Biblical. The Holy Spirit is being sent to the last church. There are 37 million churches in the world , 34,000 are Christian denominations. 380,000 churches in the USA. Catholicism is the largest branch of Christianity
Old 27-07-2022, 10:20 AM
Master
Many churches of differing denominations have been helpful to humanity. I recall in my youth how the Catholic Church really helped our community by giving us clothing, food , helped pay our gas and light bills, it was and still is helpful to Detroit residents. I think that is part of being a church, helping your community. The members give of their substance and the church gives back, a healthy flow of giving.
Old 27-07-2022, 03:42 PM
Master
Church and state.

The church and poitics normally don't mix, except for the Vatican, it's combined there. But in places like America it's not the norm but quickly becoming normal. Churches hold the right to discuss politics so politics holds the right to discuss church. Now they court each other and make strange bedfellows. Pastors are increasingly political, this is one way I think the church is burning.
Old 27-07-2022, 05:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Church and state.

Now they court each other and make strange bedfellows. Pastors are increasingly political, this is one way I think the church is burning.

This is absolutely true. If 50% of any country is one party and the other 50% of the country supports a different party…..half of the country are not welcome in a particular church. In effect, it is a descent into tribalism. As I have previously said….Jesus might say instead of “why do you persecute me ?” to “Why do you politicize me ?”
Old 27-07-2022, 06:26 PM
I've walked out when they spoke of political stuff, actually putting down Democrats, huh?
Well, guess what? There are Democrats in the Charismatic crowd guys!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-07-2022, 07:13 PM
Master
I am curious to see what the future holds for which churches will be in political power when and if America goes to war and what the churches will have to say about it. Or if it would even matter. Roe vs Wade was changed with little church opinion, I wonder what sway the church has on the supreme court?
Old 27-07-2022, 07:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
I wonder what sway the church has on the supreme court?

Hopefully….little. The odds are high that they will listen to the ‘wrong’ church. We should avoid any version of Sharia law. Separation of church and state must be the rule of thumb.