Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-03-2022, 09:54 PM
Master

This morning was frustrating. I was waiting for my mind and breathing to get relaxed but it did not seem to happen. I was not prepared for what happened. I was out of my body playing tennis, then I woke up. I tried again and I was riding my bicycle then I woke up. I tried again and I was in hospital. I do not think I had any signs that I was going to ap. It is easy to fall asleep asdronin so try not to blame yourself. I get disappointed but I try not to think about it.
Perhaps this was a good thing that happened this morning because now I realise I am going to change the way I do things. I will get up in the morning and go out into the other bedroom. I will lay down on my side. If you want to lie on your side it is important that you are not tired otherwise you will fall asleep. If you are feeling a bit tired it might be a good idea to lie on your back and meditate and try to ap that way. If not wake yourself up before lying on your side. Getting back to me, I will breathe in and out for a short while and do a relaxing breath or two then I will do an ap technique. If ap does not happen I will go back to breathing for a short while then repeat until ap happens.

I am not an expert but I do not think falling asleep in the middle of the day would affect your ap. I think I would fall asleep if I was on a boring bus trip. If you have a stressful day at work or someone upset you that can make you tired. That is what happens to me. If that happens I forget about ap until I feel better. My sleep has not been interrupted by getting up early in the morning. If you think it could affect you, you might want to try in the weekends when you are not working. A long time ago I used to get very tired. I would fall asleep at the dinner table. Since I have been meditating late in the afternoons I do not feel tired unless I am stressed.
Old 17-03-2022, 10:39 PM
Experiencer

Thanks a lot for the explanation and encouragements AstralSuzy, from what you say its easy to ap if the right circunstances are met but sometimes for some reason its not happening, I will do as you said, what technique is usually working the most for you these days? however, now that I mention this, in relation to setting an alarm after 6 hours to wake up and then try to ap, I found this video

(sorry i cant post link yet, but its about lucid dreaming and steps are like that like set alarm for 6 hours wake up then go back to bed etc)

it shows almost the same steps but its for lucid dreaming, well of course it has no steps related to do any exit movement etc but I mean, how our body manages to differentiate when we are trying to ap and not to have a lucid dream? I know affirmation is important too and of course its different in ap but still made me think about this.

In relation to sleep in the middle of the day, I think you are right, it happens to me usually when the day has been specially tiring and stressful and in a situation specially boring, maybe that mixed with sleep not as much the previous days, some nights I wake up like at 3 am or so and it takes me a few minutes to get back to sleep, maybe last dream/nightmare left me exhausted even if i dont remember it or something like that, anyway its good to know its not interactng with my lack of success in ap
Old 18-03-2022, 09:22 PM
Master

I kept falling asleep. I noticed I am becoming more aware of my dreams. Perhaps in time it might help me to lucid dream so it is not a bad thing. It might be frustrating and disappointing but we have to keep trying if we want to succeed.
I am going to try one more time lying on my side and if I fall asleep then I will lie on my back. I have fallen asleep lying on my back so there is no guarantee either way.

Perhaps I have been getting a sign to ap but it is very slight so it can be easy not to notice it. I have been too focused on my breathing and mind to be relaxed at the same time to ap. Tomorrow morning I will focus just on my breathing. When my breathing is relaxed then I will assume ap is close. Even though my mind may not feel relaxed. I seem to fall asleep waiting for my mind to feel relaxed. That could be where I am going wrong.

When my breathing feels relaxed I will imagine playing tennis or I might imagine I am relaxing in a spa. I do not have a specific technique that I use. I suggest asdronin to do a technique that you feel will work for you. The ap author William Buhlman says to say door now. That does not work for me. I do not go anywhere.
An important thing to suggest is I was listening to someone say to keep your focus on your third eye or middle of your forehead. That way it is harder to fall asleep.
Old 19-03-2022, 09:57 AM
Experiencer

Thanks a lot AstralSuzy for your explanations, I always either fell asleep or go nowhere after a long while, maybe is as you said, I should focus in calm breathing and when its there just wait to ap.

I have never reached the vibration stage, I know some people say not always vibrate, but in that stage people say its either sounds or voices or the zap or vibration or so, I never reach that point, makes me wonder what I do wrong there.

I will try to thnk to focus in the point in the middle of the forehead as you said, maybe it can do something. As for technique I have tried several, there are some that I cant really understand well but havent worked either, in one of Monroe technique he says keep forearm up while you relax, and when you start to sleep it will fall, well it makes sense in that point but somehow I cant be relaxed if my muscles keep the forearm up... I have to retry that, otherway I try other methods, mostly these that say imagine you are like running in a corridor or a train and at the end you jump and thats when you ap, although it seems too simple compared to other methods like they skip the vibration and all that or it all happens at once when we jump of the train i dont know
Old 19-03-2022, 09:35 PM
Master

I fell asleep again. My breathing was fairly relaxed but I was waiting for it to be more relaxed and I fell asleep. Lying on my side has worked many times but for now I will give it a break. I will try again some other time. For now I am going to lie on my back and I will try to ap that way.

asdronin you do not do anything wrong by not reaching the vibration state. I think a lot of people do not get vibrations. I mostly do not get vibrations and other people on the forum have said the same thing. The problem is by reading books it makes you feel you are doing something wrong when you are not. A long time ago someone said to me read ap books but ignore the things that does not sound right and learn from the things that sound good. I have been doing that ever since.
Doing a technique should not be complicated. If it is then it is the wrong technique. I have done many techniques and they have all been easy. Do a technique that is easy for you and that you enjoy doing. You might enjoy surfing. I do not know, whatever your interest is.

I did that Monroe technique a long time ago. It does not work. You cannot stay relaxed with your arm is up in the air. I would forget that technique. I have ap and I just imagined myself walking and I was walking.

Any technique will work provided we are very relaxed. I read that to be able to ap you have to be very relaxed otherwise ap will not work. I believe that. To help us to get more relaxed we can imagine we are falling backwards and imagine feeling relaxed. I used to listen to an ap youtube and he said to breathe in to a count of seven, I forget how long, then slowly breathe out. When you are breathing out feel yourself relaxing. Do not start to breathe in again until you have completely breathed out the youtube said. Then do it a few more times. I can easily get myself very relaxed and I often hear myself snore but unless I can get out of my body it is useless. I breathe in and out and imagine my whole body is completely relaxed inside and out and that is good to do every time we prepare ourselves to ap. You can relax any way you want but that is what I do.
Old 19-03-2022, 10:21 PM
Experiencer

AstralSuzy, thanks a lot again for your help and guidance, Im sorry sometimes it doesnt work for you, this that you mentioned is my daily results, like I try and fall asleep or try and even if Im very relaxed and focused in breathing still nothing happens.

You are right, using a technique that seems complicated is wrong, the one with the arm lifted might work for some, for me it just cant work. I have noticed that I manage to relax a lot, and up to a point that as described by an author (I think it was Robert Peterson) I feel like I dont know the exact position of my limbs, still I cant go from there anywhere, its strange though, when I reach such muscle relaxation and ap doesnt happen because well it has been like a lot of time and I feel like its enough or there start to be noises around me, when I do some stretching to wake up and recover the right handle of the muscles, I notice these make my whole body vibrate, I know its different type of vibration, but was somehow something I havent read about but I know many people recommend to wait a couple of minutes before waking up after ap.

In relation to reading books and documents, yes, I have read many I think, in fact it seems odd how some techniques make it look too simple, like they reduce it all to relax and do other thing but they dont even mention an exit technique or any vibration or hypnagogic stage, one I read just today says we just relax and then focus in the heart beats, like either listening to the beats or feeling them or maybe just in our mind seeing how the heart beats, but thats all, it says after that just ap happens, I havent tried that yet, will do, if its that simple I guess many people will do that too.

I have read also that it can be triggered through lucid dream into sleep paralysis and from there ap but to me it looks more complex to be honest also I heard somewhere its not the same as ap from awake state.

A friend who is also trying to ap for the first time talked to a certain person who has invented a method, he says, after relaxation just feel like motion lag, the kind of motion lag that one feels when moving head from one side to the other, this one is as you said complex to me, I know the feeling but I cant imagine that feeling, I can imagine a train and the noise and even the movement being inside the train or jumping of it but the motion lag is something like very hard to mimmick I thnk, at least for me.

I will try focusing in my third eye as you suggested yesterday just now, before I couldnt do it, will tell you if that helps me to not fall asleep
Old 19-03-2022, 10:58 PM
Master

That is how it is. I guess I cannot expect to ap all the time or a lot of the time. To be honest I still want to ap a lot. When I do not succeed I try to think where did I go wrong. What can I do to help me to succeed the next time. I try not to get disappointed about it because it does not help. Perhaps what we are doing wrong is when we are trying to relax which is good but when we keep trying to get more and more relaxed then without realising it we fall asleep. We do not have time to think or realise if we are getting close to ap. At that moment of relaxing in a split second we fall asleep. While typing this I am trying to think of a way to fix the problem. Perhaps every time I am trying to relax, when I breathe out slowly I will imagine myself leaning forward. It should feel relaxing when you breathe out and feel your body relaxing. That way I will relax and do an ap technique at the same time. That reminds me, it worked a long time ago. I did that and I was leaning a lot out of my body spiritually. I was very aware that I was standing up. Be prepared if you do that because when you spiritually get out of your body it feels very real. By that I mean I think I physically got out of my body when I spiritually got out. I have wrecked it sometimes thinking I physically got out of my body.

Trying the technique moving from side to side sounds good but I am not able to stick to it.
I used to get sleep paralysis a long time ago. Unfortunately it does not happen now. I really liked it because I knew I could get out of my body. That is how I practiced getting out of my body spiritually. I learnt from that there was a short time limit in getting out of my body. If I left it too late it would end. I also learnt it was important to think it is easy to get out of my body. I used to get stuck. I would be half way out of my body and I would be pulling and struggling to get out. It depends on how we think. If we think it is hard it will be. If we think it is easy it will be.
The heart beat technique may not work. I talked to someone a long time ago and it sounded like he was in a position to ap but he was still in his body. He was able to feel his heart beating then extended it to feel his whole body beating. He needed to be able to get out of his body but he did not.
Old 20-03-2022, 12:10 PM
Experiencer

Thamks a lot AstralSuzy for your advice and all the help, I will try as you suggest imagining I lean forward each time I breath out, sounds interesting, I think it could work. As you said the trouble is when we get relaxed we dont see the moment we fall asleep, some authors talk about this like walking on the border of falling sleep like its something we can see, but I cant see really anything, the images that are apparently like the previous to falling asleep not always are shown like that or I cant identify them.

Sleep paralysis through lucid dream is said to be "easy" way to get to ap, but to do that one has to first be able to trigger lucid dream, to be honest for me thats hard too, I think that some things are easier for some people but not for others. I know its just to be able to identify a dream is a dream and thats it but a logical part of ourself is disconnected when we dream and its kind of hard to detect when its dream or not until we wake up.

I have tried focusing in the point in the middle of my forehead and still I fell asleep, also tried feeling my heart beats and still couldnt get to anywhere. I have read in a certain book that they mention different techniques that somehow has something in common, like you imagine you are doing something and then you fall or hit ground or something like that and it triggers the ap, I dont know if it can happen like that without vibrations or noises or so but I will keep trying some of these like the train, somehow its easy to imagine and have that in common, there is a point when we jump and hit ground and that triggers the ap ... theoritically. Again Im open to any suggested technique as Im lost and I have tried like everything I have read about
Old 20-03-2022, 10:19 PM
Master

I like to help you asdronin. I am helping myself as well. It is helping me to get more motivated and when I type things I can think of things that might be helpful information to us both.

Try not to worry about falling asleep. Are you lying on your back? It is harder to fall asleep that way if you are lying on your back. Are you tired when you are trying to ap. You have a high chance of falling asleep if you are tired. The ap youtube said to keep your attention in the middle of your forehead and if you fall asleep in time you will learn to stay awake.
Sleep paralysis through a lucid dream sounds hard. My guess is it happens by itself without anyone having to do anything. I have never heard of it. Why would you want to get sp through a lucid dream. When you are lucid you know you are out of your body so it is similar to ap. Perhaps I am not quite understanding what you are are saying. Either way it sounds difficult. Anything that sounds hard I would forget it. My husband always says to keep things simple.
The heart beat technique you mention sounds like hard work. You have to imagine and feel the heartbeats which you know about then you have to do another step to get out of your body.

This morning I got out of bed about 1.00 am as I had to get up to go to the bathroom. I did not feel tired. I went into the spare bedroom and I laid down on my back. I meditated and I was doing relaxing breathing. On the out breath I imagined leaning forward and relaxing at the same time. I kept doing similar things. I did get wrestles and I moved a few times which is not good to do. I was determined to stay on my back and not give up like I do so many other times. I did not look at the clock to see what time it was because I did not want to think it is taking a long time and I should like on my side. I did not want to give up. I kept persevering with it and eventually I did get out of my body. When I was out of my body I was still trying to do an ap technique but then I realised I was already out of my body. I will not bore you with what happened when I was in the astral because it was not very exciting. I saw things but I accidentally focused on my physical self at the back of my mind and I zapped back into my body.
You will not be impressed in how long it took me to ap. It took nearly three hours. I am hoping it will get shorter when I keep practicing. When I went back into my body I went on my side and I fell asleep. It happened twice. I think it is too hard to try to ap lying on your side as you are too comfortable. It is a lot easier for ap to happen if you get vibrations or something to indicate you are about to ap when lying on your side. I noticed lying on my back I am often trying to do an ap technique and relax at the same time which is a good thing to do. I do not do that lying on my side as I am too comfortable.
Old 21-03-2022, 12:49 AM
Master

asdronin this might help you to stay awake. I say to myself during the day that I will stay awake and ap. It is good to say it before you practice to ap as well. It works well. Of course you can still fall asleep but it helps to stay awake. It has helped me a lot. I found I have to keep saying it otherwise I end up falling asleep if I do not say it for a while.

SpiritualFreedom has suggested a great technique to use and that is to float up and down. When you are breathing in and out do it slowly as it is relaxing then imagine floating up and down. We can thank that technique from SpiritualFreedom.