Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-10-2022, 11:16 PM
asearcher

From what I have read it is we ourselves that has in spirit made that plan before we got here but I don't know if that is true for all of us.
Old 26-11-2022, 01:10 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
Hi everyone. This is actually a burning question that's been on my mind. In my opinion I think that the answer is no. How and when we're going to die is not up to us.
I think that we have life because we're meant to be living it. It's good to care about your safety but I also think that there's only so much of that you want to do too.
On my father's side of the family there has been 3 deaths within 2 years. That's probably why I am thinking more about this now. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.
It doesn’t matter if we do or don’t, it’s just the ending of a chapter and the beginning of another.
Old 26-11-2022, 06:37 AM
Master

Re Iamthat”

Yep I’m with you on that Iamthat. I have found that as I’ve got older I can accept death a lot more easily. I’ve even cleared lots of stuff out of my house that I haven’t used in the last couple of years, so my kids don’t have a lot to worry about when I’m gone. Sounds morbid but I don’t see it that way. I’m just a very practical, accepting person.

Sure, I certainly don’t want to die now, but I feel if you just accept what you can’t change, you live a more peaceful life.

I also feel that the more you read about death ie afterlife stories, near death experiences it helps you with the acceptance of it all.
Old 26-11-2022, 06:58 AM
Master

Just to add, I found that the Tibetan book of the living and dying helped me understand about death.
Old 28-11-2022, 01:12 AM
Seeker

Perhaps a psychic person could have awareness?
Old 29-11-2022, 01:11 PM
Master

I think we all have awareness but at different levels ie some greater than others.
Old 29-11-2022, 01:24 PM
Master

....As for me I know how I will die . I have 2 illnesses that will be the end of me . I have known this for 2 years .
When they told me ( the doctors ) it was like a bomb exploding in my whole existence .
I was in hospital recovering from blood clots and a severe chest infection and I was getting better from that but then they told me about the 2 pre- existing , non- treatable conditions .
I did not want to tell my husband as that was his greatest fear for me. But they "happened" to "blurt " it out when he happened to be visiting .
Knowing how you will die is awful.
On the other hand, you can prepare yourself...
Old 30-11-2022, 04:04 AM
Master
The first time I was told I was going to die....... it had no meaning for me.

I can see how it upsets people but for me, I just did not believe it nor did I accept it. As for you.... to bad we can't turn back time...... or can we?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜