Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-07-2020, 07:42 AM
Knower

How can one develop through meditation?

Spiritual guides sell us meditation as path of development, but what do you gain if you praktice meditation? How do you profit from it and which goal should one pursue when practicing meditation? Which kinds of transformation are possible if one meditates?
Old 11-07-2020, 04:09 PM
Master

meditations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
Spiritual guides sell us meditation as path of development, but what do you gain if you praktice meditation? How do you profit from it and which goal should one pursue when practicing meditation? Which kinds of transformation are possible if one meditates?

Meditation gives thoughtfulness and lets u assess objective reality , your role in that reality and what u can/should do in relation there to depending on your goal.

All these is very much necessary in all spheres of life . So meditation rightly practiced can help in advancing ur goals (material and/or spiritual ) better . Having said these it is not a certificate to all/any goals in life in substitute of myriad other things that may also be required of in pursuit of those goal.

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 11-07-2020 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:38 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Meditation gives thoughtfulness and lets u assess objective reality , your role in that reality and what u can/should do in relation there to depending on your goal.
So, you say it's primarily a tool to increas your cognitive understanding (of yourself and the world).
Old 11-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Master

you can also use it to learn about the energy bodies...
Old 11-07-2020, 07:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Meditation is a means, a way, a tool, like driving a car. It takes you somewhere, not necessarily somewhere else, usually after looong time.

They pretentiously say: 'wherever you go there you are'.

It doesn't guarantee that it takes you where you want to go, even less that it takes you where you should go.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:42 PM
Master
Meditation is not necessary. Only do it if it pleases you and is something that you love most importantly. Amen
Old 11-07-2020, 10:01 PM
Master

Quote:

If we are here to discover our true nature then meditation is a very valuable tool. Sitting quietly with our eyes closed removes all external distractions. We then have to deal with the internal distractions. We let go of all that we are not, which includes the body, our feelings and our thoughts. Eventually we let go of our personal identity. Finally we rest in the stillness of our Being.

So in one sense meditation is not about gain and profit - it is more about losing everything. But in losing everything we find ourselves.

Peace
Old 12-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So in one sense meditation is not about gain and profit - it is more about losing everything. But in losing everything we find ourselves.
Then we gain something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
If we are here to discover our true nature then meditation is a very valuable tool. Sitting quietly with our eyes closed removes all external distractions.
I think, in my current incarnation I’m not destined for meditation. I tried it often the past 15 years, but I’m unable to silence my mind.

Although I’m interested in the afterlife more than in my current material life and although I’m focused on issues and questions regarding what my soul is and how it develops, my higher self doesn’t want me to meditate.

It seems that my form of spiritual development must be purely cognitive. I receive insights from higher sources without end, but am not allowed to get into contact with spiritual dimensions through experience or an altered state of consciousness.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:08 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Meditation is not necessary. Only do it if it pleases you and is something that you love most importantly. Amen
For most people meditation isn’t just not necessary but also not possible. I’m one of the most. Nevertheless, it interests me on an intellectual level what meditation is about.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Master

right

Quote:
So, you say it's primarily a tool to increas your cognitive understanding (of yourself and the world).
Yes your understanding is almost right . It gives better understanding of Self , world and Higher self residing/permeating everywhere .

Of course its a gradual process. If done without material consideration, it gives more pleasure and even results. IF you have spent 15 years , I would not recommend you to leave it .

One thing I can tell you , people may be talking a lot about meditation , very few may have real experience. People definitely may have lot of practical problems.