Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 15-03-2020, 09:23 AM

Angel1 What book has changed your understanding of some things in your daily life?

There's a certain weight and an overwhelming thrill when it comes to finishing an important book that you know will ultimately change your life. You know what I'm talking about: that moment you set it down, look out at the world in front of you, and let out a breath that feels as if you've been holding it in for years. It's a crazy and beautiful thing when you read a book that shifts your entire life perspective on the world.
It's safe to say that every book you've ever read has changed you in some way, even if it was a children's book you read at age 4 about sharing and caring. But it's the books that challenge your understanding of basic things in life like family, friendship, love, fear, and the many day-to-day issues you face that are the real page-turners.

Some Books realy you should be read it.

1. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison

First published in 1952, this incredible novel reflects a nameless character's experience growing up in a black community in the South, and living a life filled with nightmares beyond belief. This novel explores the issues of racism, loss of innocence, and a society filled of hypocrisy. It's timeless in that there are still lessons to be learned and no matter the kinds of experiences you've lived, this book is about all the different human experiences out there.

2. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien

This book will ultimately change your perspective on war and love. In the era of Vietnam, O'Brien writes the stories that were true to him in the build up to the war, the horrors within, and the crumbling aftermath of it all. I'm not a big war-story kind of gal, but this book changed my life as a writer, reader, and person.

3. Beloved by Toni Morrison

Toni Morrison is a mastermind at creating stories that make your heart ache and make you question the world's most basic issues haunting the world today, even though it takes place in the 1800s. Sethe, a slave that escaped but is still not free, cannot let go of Sweet Home, a place full of terror but loving memories — and a tombstone engraved with "Beloved," where her nameless baby lays.
Old 24-03-2020, 07:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Just Breathe by Dan Brule....
Resonated with me and I have incorporated simple daily breathing techniques since reading.
Everything I seem to read or look into now brings up breathe work.
Old 16-04-2020, 09:34 PM
Newbie ;)

2 books written by Sahvanna Arienta that really spoke to me and started me on my path of spirituality.

Lightworker

Lightworkers Guide To The Astral Realm
Old 20-04-2020, 09:46 PM
Kioma

'Stranger in a Strange Land' (original published version) by Robert Heinlein was a huge influence on me when I was younger.

'Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah' by Richard Bach was another book that influenced me a lot.

I loved the 'Conversations with God' series of books by Neale Donald Walsch.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:26 AM
Newbie ;)

Book that seemed to challenge my every belief - bit long

Somewhere in my mid 20s I had a VERY intense calling to a specific book that really sort of… melded past and that present for me in some way and set me onto the path I find myself on today. After diving into the material I learned to explore and play with the structure of all of my beliefs, past religious fears, its hard to put into words really, but how it found me has a bit of back-story, so here it goes:
In my 20s I had developed a friendship with another woman 10 years my senior who was quite the spiritual explorer herself. Every month she was diving into a new religion: Buddism, Hinduism, Islam, Mormonism..
you name it. She called me over one day to clear out her shed of some belongs of a friend of hers who was using her shed as storage when he moved to California years before and never returned for any of it. A lot of it was books and she told me I could keep whatever I wanted. I'm going through quickly reading the titles from the tops of the books and putting them in a separate pile if I don't want them. (I know, I know, "Never judge a book by its cover") I pick up one and in my mind I say the name "Paul" and get a clear mental connection to the apostle Paul, who I was well familiar with as being the author of a good portion of the new testament of the Bible and his words in some of his letters are EXACLY where Jehovah's Witnesses get their notion of needing to "disfellowship" people(to which I have had the personal "privilege" to have experienced) . I immediatley reject the book,chuck it in the "no" pile, and keep quickly sorting. I was mid putting about the third or forth book after the "Paul" thing when it was like time slowed way down and something slowly bubbled to the surface, it felt like moving in slow motion. The title of that "Paul connection" said NOTHING about Paul. Moving in slow mo I peel back the books on top and hold that book. The title is "Seth Speaks" by Jane Roberts. I read the synopsis and I am scared and facinated. It's a book written by an "entity no longer focused in physical reality", as transcribed through a woman named Jane Roberts. I took the book home and midway in the book the "Paul" connection became completely clear to me and I literally THREW the book across the room out of panic and fear when it clicked. I had never had an experience like that before. All of my religious upbringing in my earlier years had taught me to view such experiences, procog, etc as contact with "evil spirits", but I picked it back up after awhile..suspiciously haha. It unlocked a few doors and I couldn't put it down after that and several other Seth/Jane Roberts books later - I can't begin to describe that full experience. Reading them changed me in such an ever expanding ways. I've tried to share them with other people I know over the years and the way that at least the Seth Speaks is written makes it too difficult for most to grasp. It wasn't just a spiritual type book, but also quite a mental and emotional exercise at times haha.He acknowledges it at some point, that at first the concepts may seem so foreign, it deconstructs standard understanding and views about time, reality, beliefs- that some people hold onto so tightly they get discouraged or scared to examine and give up- but just the very reading of it, even when you don't at first understand, it activates certain actions and events in your actual life that become like a living example, or reinforcement of the concepts. My favorite ones to date:
The Nature of Personal Reality - this one was much easier to digest and understand and had practical application to every day life. It is really where I recommend anyone start

The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events - I really feel like this one is the most relevant to what is happening globally right now. He actually talks about pandemics, racism, natural disasters, etc. Heavy, but really interesting to ponder.

The Education of Over soul Seven Trilogy- This is actually a book written by Jane Roberts alone, it is a work of fiction and is actually three separate books, but you can buy it as one running book. It plays with some the concepts of Seth dealing with time, parallel lives, etc. It's just a fun and fascinating read.

Seth Speaks - This book was my first introduction to Seth (as told above) and contains some of the more strange, mind bending, weird concepts and can be a bit difficult and....triggering to read...like if you are a devout Christian it may move you to want to burn it if you aren't ready to examine or challenge those beliefs yet...but, what can I say, it is its own animal.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:40 AM
Knower

Post A journey through care of magical creatures

Expensive and hard read from the the Universe. Quickly touches on a few of the better know creatures seen in the imagination of author and Fantastic Beasts series. Neat addition to your collection for the hard-core P fans or just for those wanting to learn at little more.