Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 04-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Pathfinder
Druidry

Hello,

recently I looked into more information about druidry and the celtic culture, I was'nt able to find too many sources describing it widely enough... I mainly come across celtic mythology or wiccan practices trying to learn about it more...

what are some sources some of you might use to learn about this matter? is there information missing simply because there were'nt many texts and writing left of that culture? it feels like there's a missing link aroud that... it feels like this used to be a rather big deal during ancient times...but maybe i'm wrong
Old 18-05-2020, 03:29 PM
Master
I feel your pain.

You're not wrong about there being a missing link as much was lost. What little we do know about the Druids from ancient time was written by the Romans and Greeks who were enemies and outsiders of Celtic culture. Such writings should be taken with a pound of salt as there is most likely propaganda.

Most of what we have, I believe, comes from a mix of mythology and some archaeology. What we're left with is a modern perspective of Druidry as no one can truly recreate what the ancient Druids knew or did.

Some people have blended Wiccan and Druid practices.

Now for some resources if you're interested for a starting point. You can check out a couple of authors, John Michael Greer and Penny Billington. There are other authors but those two are fairly popular.

For online reading, you could begin with OBOD (Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids). They have courses but have to pay for them. You can poke around in their site for free. Another good site is ADF.org.

Happy reading!

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 18-05-2020, 10:53 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I feel your pain.

You're not wrong about there being a missing link as much was lost. What little we do know about the Druids from ancient time was written by the Romans and Greeks who were enemies and outsiders of Celtic culture. Such writings should be taken with a pound of salt as there is most likely propaganda.

Most of what we have, I believe, comes from a mix of mythology and some archaeology. What we're left with is a modern perspective of Druidry as no one can truly recreate what the ancient Druids knew or did.

Some people have blended Wiccan and Druid practices.

Now for some resources if you're interested for a starting point. You can check out a couple of authors, John Michael Greer and Penny Billington. There are other authors but those two are fairly popular.

For online reading, you could begin with OBOD (Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids). They have courses but have to pay for them. You can poke around in their site for free. Another good site is ADF.org.

Happy reading!

Thank you :) I agree so much, it is quiet an issue
And i've watched some of the obod videos and podcasts- they're lovely
Old 19-02-2021, 12:09 PM
Pathfinder
I'm compiling stuff I learn about their culture and collecting all the books I can find on it.

I've been able to make a lot of intuitive guesses about Celtic cultures that turned out correct.

Ive got a Discord for researching Celtic culture, but with emphasis on Irish Celts, but I haven't worked to get it active yet.
I kind of prefer to store specific info there and turn it into a *library* app. I know it can be done.
Old 19-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriah
I'm compiling stuff I learn about their culture and collecting all the books I can find on it.

I've been able to make a lot of intuitive guesses about Celtic cultures that turned out correct.

Ive got a Discord for researching Celtic culture, but with emphasis on Irish Celts, but I haven't worked to get it active yet.
I kind of prefer to store specific info there and turn it into a *library* app. I know it can be done.
I wish you success!

Also, I wonder if there are groups who collect druid history by recalling past lives, or having psychics reading the energies of objects to figure out what happened in the past. I am the kind of person who secretly thinks that archaeologists should work with psychics to patch back histories
Old 30-03-2021, 11:38 AM
Administrator
The Druids are member of a high ranking position to the Celtic Nation the celtic nations Being the Welsh. Irish and Scottish.
it is said that they spoke a Gaelic language they were like the storytellers for the celts.
most celtic nations could tell you this.

Namaste
Old 30-03-2021, 04:00 PM
Master
It would be amazing if archaeologists worked with reliable psychics.

If there is a group who collects Druid history via psychic/spiritual methods, I'd sure like to know and join it. I could add channeled info for Druidry.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 05-04-2021, 01:06 PM
Pathfinder
Chrysalis, I saw Lia Fail in a dream and after I did some research, it turned out what I saw was true.
There was an obelisk whose unfathomable *voice* emanated over a large area. It was like the earth was trembling at that point.
After researching I noticed that *speaking stone* was a word used for it.
The obelisk also looks very similar to one of the pictures I found online of Lia Fail. The one I saw was a bit bigger and less worn down though. but it was even in a similar area.

This is just one experience Ive had in this area.

I was able to piece together an idea of what Tuathas really are.
Id love to discuss this more.
Old 19-04-2021, 03:35 PM
AbodhiSky

i found this little history on wikipedia

Following the Roman invasion of Gaul, the druid orders were suppressed by the Roman government under the 1st-century CE emperors Tiberius and Claudius, and had disappeared from the written record by the 2nd century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druid

it also said something about how the druid's had a belief they should not write down their beliefs.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:05 AM
Master
Came across this website.
Will this be of any help?
https://greywolf.druidry.co.uk/